These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

I love my Amarr

Author
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-03-06 02:24:26 UTC
Jonathan Briggs wrote:
If the Gallente, simply give back Caldari Prime to it's rightful owners, we can stop that part of the war, and once those space monkeys in flying trash heaps, come back home where they belong, life will be good again.

If the Caldari simply stop letting a dictator rule their lives we can stop part of the war, and once you senile elderly men in fat flying vultures stop claiming racial superiority while being unable to do anything yourself, life will be good again.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#22 - 2013-03-06 02:50:15 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Jonathan Briggs wrote:
If the Gallente, simply give back Caldari Prime to it's rightful owners, we can stop that part of the war, and once those space monkeys in flying trash heaps, come back home where they belong, life will be good again.

If the Caldari simply stop letting a dictator rule their lives we can stop part of the war, and once you senile elderly men in fat flying vultures stop claiming racial superiority while being unable to do anything yourself, life will be good again.

Sir;

If you take issue with our being led by dictate, how would you suggest we organize ourselves?
Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-03-06 03:33:44 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Sylux Raynes wrote:
Condescending names and derogatory references are not a productive way to promote cessation of hostility.

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-03-06 04:04:47 UTC
Scherezad wrote:

Sir;

If you take issue with our being led by dictate, how would you suggest we organize ourselves?

I always thought the Gallente system of checks and balances could easily be applied to your corporate rule with some slight adjustments. It's not necessarily the concept of a dictator I have trouble with, just the fact that he can do whatever good, or in Heth's case, whatever malice he wants to do.

There should be a peaceful procedure where the people of the State, from factory workers all the way up to CEOs can propose having the current dictator peacefully removed from power.

Sylux Raynes wrote:
Condescending names and derogatory references are not a productive way to promote cessation of hostility.

I agree. What I stated was to show how ludicrous Mr. Briggs statements were and that such ad hominim could be easily redirected unto himself.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Simon Louvaki
Khaldari InnoTektoniks and Analytical Solutions
#25 - 2013-03-06 04:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Simon Louvaki
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

I always thought the Gallente system of checks and balances could easily be applied to your corporate rule with some slight adjustments. It's not necessarily the concept of a dictator I have trouble with, just the fact that he can do whatever good, or in Heth's case, whatever malice he wants to do.

We have the Business Tribunal for that, or at least in a sense. The Caldari State isn't a government in the way the Federation is and this centralization of power ushered in by Heth is something that's relatively foreign. The State has never had a 'dictator' until Heth.

Fredfredbug4 wrote:

There should be a peaceful procedure where the people of the State, from factory workers all the way up to CEOs can propose having the current dictator peacefully removed from power.

There is a system for that called ESOP [Employee Stock Ownership Program], though its not wide spread throughout the Megas. The basic principal is that every employee is awarded stock options within the corporation ensuring they each have a vote in corporate matter to at least some degree, though programs usually differ from corporation to corporation. The Sengokuvaa Corporation for instance operates on a percent vested system that grows with years of service as well as merit.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Johlie
Scorn Again.
#26 - 2013-03-06 06:29:39 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

What a grand plan! All we need to do is get rid of Heth. Then centuries of animosity will just vanish.

Forever in the future, Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter, But to die again, once more.

JonasBlackhand
Team JAVELIN
#27 - 2013-03-06 08:02:47 UTC
It will take long term occupation of Matar before the savages will realize the promise and value of the Amarrian Ideals, do not expect barbarians to understand the values of peace or justice.
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-03-06 08:44:53 UTC
JonasBlackhand wrote:
It will take long term occupation of Matar before the savages will realize the promise and value of the Amarrian Ideals, do not expect barbarians to understand the values of peace or justice.

You know, you would believe that the progress we've made in under a century after nearly a millennium of suppression of our culture, philosophical values and opportunities to advance technologically, and despite crippling shortages in materials would prove to be some indicator that we are not barbarians. Or, indeed, the fact that I am able to communicate with you now without resorting to unfounded name calling.

Why?

Why do you people harbor so much hatred?

Your mission should be one of unyielding compassion, not... this.

I am sorrowful for the decisions made by my kindred. I regret that my brothers did not honor the Treaty between our people. I try to guide my ilk along the right path.

Your kind make my case very difficult.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Aethion Mirra
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#29 - 2013-03-06 09:29:05 UTC
One time the Amarr will rule the galaxy and we shall have peace.

Retired Captain, PIE Inc.

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#30 - 2013-03-06 09:40:43 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
Luftschreck, what does it feel like to be an idiot?

If I wanted to experience that point of view I'd simply read your autobiography.

JonasBlackhand wrote:

I agree with your second point but not the first. We already occupied Matar for centuries and it did exactly no good. If they haven't changed by now then they never will. I'd be perfectly content with letting them go do whatever makes them happy for all eternity if only they didn't define happiness as constantly breaking treaties, sending fleets & terrorists into our space and the wholesale slaughtering our people at every opportunity.

Merdaneth wrote:
As soon as I can capture Gallente territory for the Empire I'll be tempted to call it a war. Until then, I'll consider then current state of conflict as nothing more than limited border skirmishes.

Thank you. My point exactly.

Unless someone is involved in that farce of a prxoy-war that CONCORD has sanctioned in the badlands then any Gallente or Amarr pilot crossing each others' borders will get nothing more than a slightly raised eyebrow, nothing more. They might check your cargo manifest a little more closely, but the act itself is hardly illegal or scandalous. Some may not even give a crap enough to do that, even.

Likewise, there is no shortage of materials flowing between Caldari & Minmatar space. They may not like that the State are our allies, but they'd be crazy to turn down high quality Caldari goods over it.

It would take a serious fanatical nutjob to shoot at a freighter hauling quafe into the Empire or a load of Ishukone nanotech parts into the Republic. Not saying that people like that don't exist, but hey that's what the badlands war is for, right? Gives them something to do without screwing up the peace efforts of the majority.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-03-06 10:33:49 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:

I agree with your second point but not the first. We already occupied Matar for centuries and it did exactly no good. If they haven't changed by now then they never will. I'd be perfectly content with letting them go do whatever makes them happy for all eternity if only they didn't define happiness as constantly breaking treaties, sending fleets & terrorists into our space and the wholesale slaughtering our people at every opportunity.

Oh look it's the same exact thing that was said earlier in this thread (and when it was the first time it was absolutely out-of-turn and made no sense as a counterpoint to the quote it replied to I might add) and it's about as meaningful and productive as it was then, too. Which is to say, not at all.

How is it possible to be so ignorant that you can paint an entire people by their flesh and blood when you come from the same flesh and blood?

Luftschreck, PIE... you are sounding like caricatures, only knowing how to communicate by repeating the same brand lines over and over again.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

JonasBlackhand
Team JAVELIN
#32 - 2013-03-06 11:22:45 UTC
The Amarrians were too generous in the past, they gave the room for rebellion, but many of us understood the call and continue to spread the message. The sound of bongo drums is no civilization, instead of Gallante puppets the Minmatar should accept the enlightenment of the Amarr.

Without God all wars are for personal gain, together we may work for the betterment of all! Embrace the wisdom of Heideran VII !
We can work for each other under Amarrian rule!
Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#33 - 2013-03-06 14:14:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Katherine Devonshire
Halete wrote:
How is it possible to be so ignorant that you can paint an entire people by their flesh and blood when you come from the same flesh and blood?

My niece's father was an engineer who had come from a line of long emancipated Brutor who had been loyal citizens of the Empire for quite a long time. In fact you might be surprised how much of a difference over a dozen generations of removal can make, sometimes. Yes, he was Brutor and yes he was a full citizen. Amongst the more liberal Amarrians (myself included) the strength of one's Faith and Loyalty shove such primitive concepts as genetic heritage cleanly off the table.

Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Not saying that people like that don't exist, but hey that's what the badlands war is for, right? Gives them something to do without screwing up the peace efforts of the majority.

And I should remind you that you, yourself, were once quite eager to try and put both yourself and our entire company into that same war at one point. Do not forget who it was who reminded you the folly of succumbing to the same blind anger of those who hurt you in the past. To raise yourself above your enemy is the greatest victory of all but remember that even the Empress Herself must be humble before God. You would be well to show more... discretion... at times.

JonasBlackhand wrote:
Without God all wars are for personal gain, together we may work for the betterment of all! Embrace the wisdom of Heideran VII !

We can work for each other under Amarrian rule!

Heideran VII was a champion of peace. Now I am confused?
Nomistrav
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-03-06 14:16:23 UTC
It is of my opinion that the Amarr and the Gallente fight much for the same reason, we have no open hostilities toward one another; but the hostilities among our allies makes for a noble cause... As much as Matari Pride may interfere with our - ahem - indiscretions... Sometimes we simply jump the gun and attempt to aid a friend who largely feels that they do not need assistance...

At other times, we have ulterior motives...

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Malcolm Khross
Doomheim
#35 - 2013-03-06 14:42:22 UTC
Aethion Mirra wrote:

Peace at the end of a weapon is hardly peace at all.

~Malcolm Khross

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#36 - 2013-03-06 15:53:34 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Scherezad wrote:

Sir;

I am very pleased that your system works so well for you.

If we wanted to adopt it, we would do so.

If you wish to apply it to us, you will have to do so at the tip of a sword.

This is the root of our problem.

Fredfredbug4 wrote:

We have methods for doing exactly this. They are internal.
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#37 - 2013-03-06 15:58:14 UTC
Aethion Mirra wrote:

I suppose now you're going to execute order 66?Twisted

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#38 - 2013-03-06 16:07:06 UTC
Gods and spirits I'm trying so hard to remember that idiots like Luftschreck and Blackhand don't represent all of Amarr...

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-03-06 16:43:42 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
Gods and spirits I'm trying so hard to remember that idiots like Luftschreck and Blackhand don't represent all of Amarr...

It can prove difficult but your valiant effort is noteworthy.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#40 - 2013-03-06 16:49:48 UTC
Gallente Loyalist believes that Gallente system is best for entire cluster, news at 23:00.
Previous page123Next page