These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

I love my Amarr

Author
Jonathan Briggs
ANOMALIES AND CURIOSITIES
#1 - 2013-03-05 07:50:28 UTC
I love the empire, but why are we still fighting the minmatar and the Gallente? if the Gallente, simply give back Caldari Prime to it's rightful owners, we can stop that part of the war, and once those space monkeys in flying trash heaps, come back home where they belong, life will be good again.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#2 - 2013-03-05 10:06:48 UTC
We are not involved in any direct conflicts with the Gallente. It's more of a cold-war at worst. Trade agreements, small ones at least, do exist. As for the Republic... we have not sought out a direct conflict with the Republic since it's inception. It has always been a case of them attacking us, and will likely continue that way forever. And they resent it when we call them savages. Irony.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-03-05 10:13:12 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
As for the Republic... we have not sought out a direct conflict with the Republic since it's inception. It has always been a case of them attacking us, and will likely continue that way forever. And they resent it when we call them savages. Irony.

Funny, I seem to recall the term 'savages' being used indiscriminately of Republicans and the Minmatar who do not attack your people alike.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-03-05 10:15:57 UTC
Actually, captain Luftschreck, we are at war with the Gallente just the same as we are in war with the Minmatarr, due to our alliance with the Caldari.

As for your original question, captain Briggs, if those things happened we could indeed no longer be at war... but they haven't happened yet. So we still follow the call of the Empress and fight the enemy. It'll be a happy day when war finished, but until then, duty is clear.

Sepherim Catillah Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Liuteneant Ex-Imperial Navy Imperator Commander

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#5 - 2013-03-05 11:31:42 UTC
Are you familiar with the Gallente-Amarr Free Trade Agreement that we signed with them over a 130 years ago?

We are not at war with the Gallente Federation, though sometimes they need to be reminded of that. Our relationship with them is the same temperature as the State's is with the Republic. Our alliance with the State is a point of contention with the Federation, but it nowhere near the level of open hostility that the State and the Federation have with each other. Again, a similar relationship exists between the State and the Republic. The Republic resents that we are allies, but the State is still only 2nd on their list of people to exterminate, and they can't fight everyone at once.

The fact that there is legal trade between the Empire and the Federation is part of our interest in seeing them come to a peaceful resolution with the State. If they can stop fighting each other then there would be no reason not to further increase trade & relations with the Federation.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-03-05 12:20:08 UTC
The Gallente-Amarr Free Trade Agreement was signed shortly after first contact between the Empire and the Federation and consequently before the start of any hostilities and before the alliance formed between the Republic and the Federation.

While the Trade Agreement remains valid it does not invalidate the existence of a state of war between the Empire and the Federation. The Federation and Empire are actively engaged in hostile action toward one another and while the Federation remains allied with the Republic and the Republic remains at war with the Empire, we will continue to be in a state of war with the Federation.
Sylux Raynes
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-03-05 12:58:04 UTC
Jonathan Briggs wrote:
[...] and once those space monkeys in flying trash heaps, come back home where they belong, life will be good again.

Condescending names and derogatory references are not a productive way to promote cessation of hostility.
kraiklyn Asatru
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-03-05 13:10:52 UTC
Flying trashheap best trashheap.. If you Amarr started working instead of being useless lazy bastards you wouldn't need us minmatar to do the work and we wouldn't have to kill you.

Untill then please keep dying to my trash.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#9 - 2013-03-05 14:02:56 UTC
Luftschreck, what does it feel like to be an idiot?

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Jonathan Briggs
#10 - 2013-03-05 14:47:55 UTC
Sylux Raynes wrote:
Jonathan Briggs wrote:
[...] and once those space monkeys in flying trash heaps, come back home where they belong, life will be good again.

Condescending names and derogatory references are not a productive way to promote cessation of hostility.

cessation of hostility is not my true goal, my true goal is to get my butler and maid back to where they belong.
Jonathan Briggs
#11 - 2013-03-05 14:48:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonathan Briggs
kraiklyn Asatru wrote:
Flying trashheap best trashheap.. .

to be fair, I do kinda favor the looks of you people's ships
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-03-05 15:06:41 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
Luftschreck, what does it feel like to be an idiot?

I feel as if every Minmatar who browses the IGS just released a sigh of relief after having held their tongues for so long.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#13 - 2013-03-05 16:35:06 UTC
Actually I don't mind that Luftschreck keeps opening her mouth. Every time she does she shows how ignorant, biased and self-hating she is. After a while no one will pay any attention to her rantings whatsoever.

Several Amarrians have told her to shut up because she's just making a fool of herself. Maybe she'll listen to them since she apparently enjoys taking orders from her masters.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-03-05 16:43:50 UTC
Luftschreck's rampant idiocy is something we can all, Matari and Amarr alike, agree on.

Perhaps a fundamental truth around which a great peace will one day be achieved.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#15 - 2013-03-05 18:20:32 UTC
Halete wrote:
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
As for the Republic... we have not sought out a direct conflict with the Republic since it's inception. It has always been a case of them attacking us, and will likely continue that way forever. And they resent it when we call them savages. Irony.

Funny, I seem to recall the term 'savages' being used indiscriminately of Republicans and the Minmatar who do not attack your people alike.

No, they just tear up century-old treaties and launch surprise attacks with their covertly-assembled fleets.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#16 - 2013-03-05 18:26:03 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
No, they just tear up century-old treaties and launch surprise attacks with their covertly-assembled fleets.

Kind of like your allies.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-03-05 19:21:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Halete
Rodj Blake wrote:

Do you just pretend that you read our posts and respond to what you wish to hear?

Edit: Since you've clearly been paying no ******* attention to anything I've said over the last year, I'm as resentful of those acts as you are.

Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
Khimi Harar
#18 - 2013-03-05 20:25:54 UTC
As soon as I can capture Gallente territory for the Empire I'll be tempted to call it a war. Until then, I'll consider then current state of conflict as nothing more than limited border skirmishes.
Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-03-05 21:30:58 UTC
Merdaneth wrote:
As soon as I can capture Gallente territory for the Empire I'll be tempted to call it a war. Until then, I'll consider then current state of conflict as nothing more than limited border skirmishes.

I must disagree on this, captain Merdaneth. They appear as wartargets on our huds, and we could organize raids to take their claimed space in their frontlines against the Caldari. That's as much of a war as the one we have with the Republic. Sure, it's a limited and bound by rules one... but still a war.

Sepherim Catillah Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Liuteneant Ex-Imperial Navy Imperator Commander

Rataru Akushara
The Keywork
#20 - 2013-03-05 23:24:38 UTC
Amarr is both at War with the Federation and Republic, While our focus leans more towards our fight with the Minmitar and vice versa, the Gallente and Caldari primarily focus on each other as well. This might make some feel as if the current war is two separate wars un-related but make no mistake, this is not the case. Those fighting in the wars know their enemies and their enemies know them. Federation Militia will not be welcomed nor ignored in Amarr space by the by the Amarr Militia Pilots.
123Next page