These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Russian Roulette - CCP vs. Goonswarm

Author
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#61 - 2011-10-28 08:52:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Halcyon Ingenium
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
[quote=Halcyon Ingenium]That conversation might have amounted to nothing. It might have amounted to a meeting the next day, and then a directive to change CONCORD. We don't know. Should we wait until it is too late? Both of them obviously think its a good idea (or they did at the time.)

Why wait until we have tonnes of hindsight...

Because acting without anything more than conjecture is an even dumber thing to do? Because the type of rhetoric you're using is the same garbage that is used daily to motivate the filthy unwashed masses to do stupid crap for no good reason? Because said stupid crap usually ends up being a huge waste of time at best, and a monumentally disruptive and destructive enterprise at worst?

There are many reasons to not act on conjecture and emotional arguments.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#62 - 2011-10-28 08:54:15 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:
... a plot to overthrow CCP.
??

Overthrow CCP, cause eve to crash, is there all that much of a difference? Ones fate is tied to the others.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2011-10-28 08:58:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:
... a plot to overthrow CCP.
??

Overthrow CCP, cause eve to crash, is there all that much of a difference? Ones fate is tied to the others.

Maybe carebearing up the game makes it super popular. Either way, carebear it up, and we leave. Hell, after we leave a whole horde of Koreans might join up to play.

At any rate, effectively EVE dies to everyone that joined up under its original premise -- the sandbox for all, not the sandbox for some.
The Apostle
Doomheim
#64 - 2011-10-28 09:00:00 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
mkint wrote:
Nyla Skin wrote:
Poetic Stanziel wrote:

I'm not against Gallente Ice Interdiction. It adds spice to the game. But considering Hilmar has his eyes on highsec and seems to want to make it SAFER, then this ongoing interdiction seems to be forcing CCP into making it safer sooner rather than later (after a good sleep and giving it a good think.)

Do you have any other actual proof of that, besides that one change regarding wardecs?

you don't get it... this is a stealth re-nerf eve-u thread. If you follow the blog to see what links were linked, two of them lead straight to the dec-shield threads.

Whats even funnier is that there IS a grand conspiracy... But its against TEST Shocked

If you pay attention, you will see that Goons overwhelmingly detest TEST, and are trying to provoke the mighty highsec blob into attack, at which point they will use TEST as a meatshield, and let them get ground out of existence.

Once Montolio emoragequites, the interdiction will end because Goons achieved their goal.

Its all so obvious, how can you come up with this mind melting garbage about a plot to overthrow CCP.

This coming from an alliance that was almost reset by Test in Fountain through "lack of effort" and got so scared of the possibility that they sided with Goons to protect their scrawny ass.

I do laugh that it's actually FA that will be the meatshield in any case. You always were. Your screaming banshee leader made sure of that. lolz.

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#65 - 2011-10-28 09:02:23 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:
So Poetic finally gives up on stalking Eve University and decides to stalk Goons instead! Good luck...you're going to need it since you're now competing with The Apostle.

You don't get it do you. Nobody gaf anymore.

All the wonderful threads about us say otherwise.

How many started by Goon sock puppets? I need moar statistical analysis so i can get teh closure.

Why does OP not understand that Mr. The Mittani is an attention whore? That would explain everything. Be a pretty short blog though.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

thekiller2002us
The J8sters
#66 - 2011-10-28 09:02:58 UTC
'mittani is screaming for ccp
Quote:
to do something not to Goonswarm's (or the Sandbox's) benefit.

i stopped reading once i hit this part. you are kidding me right? are you serious? do you even know who mittens is?

I'm with Brick on this one- make thouse carebearing b******s squeal..

Tallian Saotome
#67 - 2011-10-28 09:06:46 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
This coming from an alliance that was almost reset by Test in Fountain through "lack of effort" and got so scared of the possibility that they sided with Goons to protect their scrawny ass.

I do laugh that it's actually FA that will be the meatshield in any case. You always were. Your screaming banshee leader made sure of that. lolz.

Sorry, but what happened back in fountain actually prompted us to 'grow' and 'evolve' to earn a place.

You might try those 2 things instead of whining about goons.

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#68 - 2011-10-28 09:17:45 UTC
What an aweful bunch of drivel from someone who is clearly out of touch with the majority of Eve online...

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#69 - 2011-10-28 09:37:55 UTC
This is the most moronic thread I've ever read

0/10

Rhinanna
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2011-10-28 09:42:32 UTC
So basically, because CCP acknowledged that the War-dec system was screwed and gave people a work until they fix it, that means there is a grand conspiracy......

Yeah, pure tinfoil hat job here.

-The sword is only as sharp as the one who wields it! Other names: Drenzul (WoT, WoW, Lineage 2, WarH, BloodBowl, BSG, SC2 and lots more) 

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2011-10-28 09:44:45 UTC
TLDR.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2011-10-28 10:06:22 UTC
The Apostle wrote:

FA is in a pretty good place these days...you should have stuck it out with them instead of getting run off by the evil afk cloakers. They have been flourishing now that they aren't being treated like serfs by the old NC.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

HyperZerg
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2011-10-28 10:11:50 UTC
Easy one, remove Concord [or cripple them hard] and eve dies.

Far back in the past [even before my time] there was no Concord. Only few new people arrived. Then they added Concord and the subscriber count "exploded". Do you really thing CCP would remove Concord and kick out half of the eve-population ?
Tallian Saotome
#74 - 2011-10-28 10:13:38 UTC
HyperZerg wrote:
Easy one, remove Concord [or cripple them hard] and eve dies.

Far back in the past [even before my time] there was no Concord. Only few new people arrived. Then they added Concord and the subscriber count "exploded". Do you really thing CCP would remove Concord and kick out half of the eve-population ?

When did this thread become a brainstorming session for terrible ideas?

Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#75 - 2011-10-28 10:16:43 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
When did this thread become a brainstorming session for terrible ideas?

The OP.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Poetic Stanzitroll
Doomheim
#76 - 2011-10-28 10:50:28 UTC
Guys Guys... listen. Eve is Real, there was a viedo and everything. Take it from me, I've been paying the game for about 4 weeks!

Eve mining ships, just like in real life, are weak and pathetic. And just like in real life, they have to be weak and non-tanky, otherwise who would the people who want to blow up stuff blow up?

See, I have a picture and everything that proves you can't build a tanky mining vehicle in real life. Yup, nothing tanky about that picture.

So the solution here is simple. Miners need to grow a pair, I've got 4, and get with the program. This game is for keeps, check out my kill stats. As you can see, I've managed to stay pretty safe in this harsh galaxy of Eve. In fact, I'm so hardcore I managed to blow myself up the other day in my stealth bomber. How hardcore is that!

So take it from me, an expert. You don't know anything!

-Check out my blog, it's the best!

Lyrrashae
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2011-10-28 11:12:23 UTC
El'Niaga wrote:
[stuff about blob-warfare] He's promised TEST new space etc. Their plan is to take out NC., RDN., IRC, WN, SOLAR and SOL-W while RED, XIX, and XWX sit out any invasion. WN still is helping RED because they feel RED will help them later but supposidly Mittani has guarantees from RED, XIX and XWX that they won't intervene on any invasion of the rest of the former DRF. [more stuff about blobwarfare]

Who are all these alphanumeric entities, and why should the rest of us give a ****?

Oh, wait, that's right: We don't.

Oh, and Mittani is a child.

Ni.

Cunane Jeran
#78 - 2011-10-28 11:15:45 UTC
Take this trash out of General Discussion. Actually don't stop there, just take it out completely.
Tallian Saotome
#79 - 2011-10-28 11:16:22 UTC
Cunane Jeran wrote:
Take this trash out of General Discussion. Actually don't stop there, just take it out completely.

You have my scimitar

Via Shivon
#80 - 2011-10-28 11:16:35 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
Handsome ******* wrote:
The Apostle wrote:
Either Mittens is scared of the DRF and is trying to kneecap them or he intends to invade. Who really gives a **** anymore?

80% of Eve is getting to the point they don't give a **** about Goons (CFC pets too) OR DRF.

It's a stagnated wasteland full of arrogant pricks who need a solid smack in the mouth to wake 'em up.

Thanks for backing me up?

Yeah. I know. I did write some other **** about something, something, something but got bored so it's probably all up to **** and really I don't give a **** anymore about 0.0, CFC, CCCP, CCP, whatever.

Truly. This game is getting even MORE boring because the only "event" these days is watching some poor bastard get slaughtered by arrogant pigs of 0.0 warlords and it's now called "fun" because of it.

What have we become?

Just kill all the alliances, reset 0.0 and start the ******* game again. Any corp gets bigger than 100 members, Concord kills 'em.

Whatever. **** 'em all.

omg loool u mad bro?

goons love eve - but goons dont love carebaere pussys getting stinking rich in high sec with 0 risk.
just think about 0 more ganks in high 0 more BIG AMMOUNTS of isk getting destroyed...

if they start the game again , yes but ALL 0 SP and 0 ISK and NO save zone like pussysec