These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

the veldt remake (deadmau5)

Author
Rain6637
NulzSec
#21 - 2013-03-03 05:19:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
but you know what I mean, right? there's remixes, and then there's remixes...

my fav -ever- being Cazzette vs Adele - Set Fire to the Rain

can you tell me more about MIDI--I can read about it, but how do you use it?
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-03-03 05:26:08 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
but you know what I mean, right? there's remixes, and then there's remixes...

my fav -ever- being Cazzette vs Adele - Set Fire to the Rain

can you tell me more about MIDI--I can read about it, but how do you use it?

sometimes people change the music to fit the key of the singing. i havent been able to do something like that yet. I hope to in the future once my understanding is better.

a MIDI is basicly the notes used in the original track. its like the note sheet only in electronic form. you need a program like FL studio, Audacity, cubase. in order to read the file.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#23 - 2013-03-03 05:27:08 UTC
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-03-03 05:30:51 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
so... 800kb is normal?

if you are referring to size it doesn't really matter how big the file is.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#25 - 2013-03-03 05:38:06 UTC
hah there's a joke in there somewhere.

hey so anyway, I have a question for you (you are just the person to ask)

I have this song stuck in my head from 2001/2002, it is an obscure DJ Jean - The Launch remix... and by stuck, I mean every other day when I get some idle brain CPU, I wonder,"maybe I can look for that song again"

It is preserved in three or four perfect, intact 16-bar snippets in my brain... but there were no lyrics, and describing the beat to people in terms of eighth notes and syncopating bass has gotten me nowhere......

I think the only solution is recreate the beat myself, which I'm confident I can manage... and now you're here and you remix music, I'm hoping you can tell me:

what program would be best for piecing this beat together, so that someone might recognize it and recall me the name of the remix?
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-03-03 06:13:13 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
hah there's a joke in there somewhere.

hey so anyway, I have a question for you (you are just the person to ask)

I have this song stuck in my head from 2001/2002, it is an obscure DJ Jean - The Launch remix... and by stuck, I mean every other day when I get some idle brain CPU, I wonder,"maybe I can look for that song again"

It is preserved in three or four perfect, intact 16-bar snippets in my brain... but there were no lyrics, and describing the beat to people in terms of eighth notes and syncopating bass has gotten me nowhere......

I think the only solution is recreate the beat myself, which I'm confident I can manage... and now you're here and you remix music, I'm hoping you can tell me:

what program would be best for piecing this beat together, so that someone might recognize it and recall me the name of the remix?

that's up to you. everyone likes their own daw. you need to explore the programs around and find the one best for you.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#27 - 2013-03-03 07:12:53 UTC
i always thought protools was THE program for music these days.
Rain6637
NulzSec
#28 - 2013-03-03 07:28:08 UTC
thanks for the tip, Eevee :-)

Onyx Nyx wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
yah and rain is me before my sex change

Pics or it didn't happen!

before

and as for after... you'll have to take my word for it, the results are lifelike and fully functional
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#29 - 2013-03-03 18:46:15 UTC
oh, jeez... wtf lol
nate555
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-03-04 03:02:43 UTC
Eurydia Vespasian wrote:
oh, jeez... wtf lol

Exactly
Previous page12