These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Any other Norwegians with payment issues? (EvE = illegal foreign gambling now according to bank/gov)

First post First post
Author
Dark Reignz
Four-Q
#21 - 2013-03-01 19:47:57 UTC
Sorry but I can't follow suit on this one Shocked

Maybe it's because CCP have allowed parts of the community to run Gambling applications using in-game currency which you PAY REAL MONEY to access ??

Troll Mode - ON

MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#22 - 2013-03-01 19:48:48 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
The first 5 responses to this thread had a lot of red in the avatar pictures... it really confused my simple brain. :(

This is science fiction, none of them are getting out of this thread alive!

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Ronix Aideron
Zymurgy Corp.
#23 - 2013-03-01 20:02:19 UTC
I had a similar problem. If you have a US Visa gift card you can't use it to buy PLEX. Visa gift cards are only able to be used on websites that are US-based.

Who woulda thought

Start the day off slow and taper off from there.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Ronix_Aideron

Josef Djugashvilis
#24 - 2013-03-01 20:11:07 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
The first 5 responses to this thread had a lot of red in the avatar pictures... it really confused my simple brain. :(

Is that the brain used for the new drone AI?

Sorry, if you were not responsible.Shocked

This is not a signature.

Firebyrd
New Eden Parks
#25 - 2013-03-01 21:32:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Firebyrd
I had a Bank, that would randomly block all transactions outside of the US state i live in, so i had to go paypal route, but they even blocked transactions while i was on a trip to Fla. Their response when i complained was" let us know next time your taking a trip out of state"...... soon as i was able i closed my account to moved to a better bank
Lady von Baroness
Mizara's Dollhouse
#26 - 2013-03-01 22:08:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady von Baroness
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
bah, I cant find it. And im getting dizzy scrolling through history. But it exists! I'm sure that it does.

Here's the link a bit of Google-fu found for me: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=209692

The text from the original post is as follows:

Ris Dnalor wrote:
"A Video game arcade"

"An online book store"

these are the descriptions that show up as where I'm shopping when I buy plex thru the eve online website and it doesn't cut it.

It makes credit card company fraud departments nervous and transactions are blocked. At least in the u.s. Could we be a little more specific and/or accurate, not to mention consistent. Why is it sometimes one, and not the other?

Aside from the inconvenience of having to wait and call to get the purchase authorized, how much impulse buying of plex do you lose, when the next morning, the purchase doesn't sound like such a good idea?

Very annoying, please fix.

thanks,
Ris Dnalor

Edit :: There isn't much useful info in that thread; two other posts, one that contains no useful information, the other a pointless (and unfunny) joke. No dev or other CCP-related post, unfortunately.

Donations of any doll items are graciously accepted anywhere in the universe of EvE!

Jensaro Koraka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-03-02 00:30:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jensaro Koraka
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

How nice of governments and politicians.

First they royally screw us common folks off with their oh-so-great globalization with some "little" side effects like lowering workers wage, killing local industry to import toxic materials low cost stuff from eastern countries and so on.

Then, when globalization would help common folks they forbid us to reap the advantages. Sounds good! X

That's just the Iron Law of Wages V. Only way around it is laws regulating industry and finance.

If I ran things any company caught outsourcing would have the CEO and directors convicted of treason and summarily executed. How's that for regulation? I'm not from Norway though. I'm just pissed off that I keep losing jobs to Indians.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -H.L. Mencken

mr ed thehouseofed
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-03-02 00:46:01 UTC
maybe the banks ceo plays eve and got ganked while mining and this is payback Twisted. its sux tho, a lot of countries are blocking access to sites that confuse them Shocked

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#29 - 2013-03-02 03:55:34 UTC
GM Nythanos wrote:
Can't say I've heard of this before, but it's something that could really only be cleared up with the bank itself if they're blocking payment types that they could otherwise allow. What?

Not exactly sounding like the response of someone who wants his money...
Lady Katherine Devonshire
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#30 - 2013-03-02 04:07:42 UTC
CCP Assange is looking into why your transaction was blocked.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#31 - 2013-03-02 05:08:50 UTC
I just started to get calls from my bank in the US for every CCP transaction. Seems their main problem is with Iceland, not CCP.
Klymer
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2013-03-02 06:58:58 UTC
The company that handles my credit unions card has never had a problem processing my game payments.

They did put a freeze on it however, and I got a call from their fraud department, when I bough some gas and food at a stop and rob in the next county over one one day.

so ya sounds like you need a new bank.
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-03-02 07:12:10 UTC
I have paid for eve for 9 years with my Visa check card. Same bank, everything.

The last payment I had to make to CCP wouldn't process. I call the bank and they say "all transactions out of the UK are automatically flagged as fraud and frozen"

So I now if I want to pay for an account, buy plex, order from the store, I have to call the bank, wait for the bank manager to get on the phone, then process the payment while he manually approves it.

I asked if they would just lift that policy for payments to CCP? They say if they do I'm automatically on the hook for any fraud that may ever occur to my account.

******* America, gotta love it.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#34 - 2013-03-02 11:26:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Ptraci
Not trolling - you can thank the Americans for this, and their "war on drugs" which has slowly forced banks to do these kinds of things or face "sanctions". It's disgusting that everything we do is not only being tracked by some bank somewhere but you can be called on it by some bureaucrat - like OP had happen to him. Tranferring money is now a pain. Moving money around personally over a border is now a pain (you are allowed $10,000 across the US border WITHOUT declaring it and there is no limit if you DO declare it but you just try that and quickly you'll have to prove that you're NOT a drug dealer).

Thanks America but somehow drugs are still everywhere wow effective program.

Anyway there's always a way around it, especially for now. I don't know if CCP still accepts western union but they did at one point. Of course there is a hefty commission from Western Union. Or paypal. Or any of a number of online money brokers.
Arnim Kagori
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-03-02 11:37:29 UTC
Odd I am from Norway and i dont have this problem. I am using a rather small bank though, but i dont see why they would suddenly start blocking it now.
Ch3244
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-03-02 12:17:55 UTC
Jensaro Koraka wrote:
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

How nice of governments and politicians.

First they royally screw us common folks off with their oh-so-great globalization with some "little" side effects like lowering workers wage, killing local industry to import toxic materials low cost stuff from eastern countries and so on.

Then, when globalization would help common folks they forbid us to reap the advantages. Sounds good! X

That's just the Iron Law of Wages V. Only way around it is laws regulating industry and finance.

If I ran things any company caught outsourcing would have the CEO and directors convicted of treason and summarily executed. How's that for regulation? I'm not from Norway though. I'm just pissed off that I keep losing jobs to Indians.

it's called a free market.
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#37 - 2013-03-02 13:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
Maybe CCP could contract the Russian's to handle payments for game time.
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#38 - 2013-03-02 13:43:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
Ch3244 wrote:

it's called a free market.

No such thing. There is work that needs to be done, but the "market" is all about externalizing cost and risk. Many companies are operating at a horrible deficit, in terms of assets to debt, environmental damage, and long term labor estimates. Much of the fuel and materials used are subsidized by governments that have no idea how to manage resources. The board members ignore the situation and enjoy their lives and hope that they can cash out before it all falls apart, or live in denial.

So when you get a job from someone, or pay taxes, or get a loan form the bank; remember those organizations are not capable of being your friend. You will meet people in those organizations who are friendly, but the institution itself is a machine incapable of compassion or long term reasoning, it only exists to exist.

*Notable exceptions are Crowd Control Productions, Daves house of Pancakes, Pezz candy, and a host of other companies owned by real people.

*I guess they are not exceptions in the entirety of the word, rather they exist somewhere in between "individual" and "institution"
Thelodas
MoG Republic
#39 - 2013-03-02 14:03:31 UTC
Ronix Aideron wrote:
I had a similar problem. If you have a US Visa gift card you can't use it to buy PLEX. Visa gift cards are only able to be used on websites that are US-based.

Who woulda thought

Purchase PLEX via amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/PLEX-EVE-Online-Game-Connect/dp/B00A2CI8LE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362232981&sr=8-1&keywords=plex
Wookie 1
#40 - 2013-03-02 22:21:40 UTC
I'm not 110% sure how this thread became about people getting their undies bunched up over globalisation/ the Free Market/ America/ etc.
Previous page123Next page