These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Jita scam spam bots. Do you even care CCP?

Author
Spurty
#21 - 2013-03-01 12:03:20 UTC
I laughed harder than I really should of at:

http://eve-live.com/stats/CSM_Townhall

As for jita bots, 8 x right click "block" and all is well

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#22 - 2013-03-01 12:38:51 UTC  |  Edited by: 0Lona 0ltor
Duh the easy way to get CCP to fix botting is to make bots that spam every forum page. Get 10 of your eve buddies make a few accounts and trash the forums. One plex well spent, the irony is that you got you can afford to do this from your RMT null sec isk bot.
Adaahh Gee
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#23 - 2013-03-01 12:48:46 UTC
But....CCP likes scam-bots.
If people get scammed out of ISK, they rage and buy Plex, that then drops precious IRL cash in CCP's pocket.

Azami Nevinyrall
#24 - 2013-03-01 12:56:38 UTC
*Still waiting for lock before answer to question.*

Nova Satar
Pator Tech School
#25 - 2013-03-01 12:57:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Satar

Cheers for the links Chribba. ^^^^

And to anyone coming in this thread saying "leave local" or "block list?" please just shut the **** up. Some people want to be in jita and the second you block one then another one spawns.

How hard is it to just add a session timer hyperlinks in chat channels? You can only hyperlink once every 2 minutes. Problem solved.

EDIT, look at the counter for the most spammed message in Local at the moment... SOmebody has spammed a contract about Plexes 8500 times?!?
Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#26 - 2013-03-01 13:10:40 UTC
Chribba wrote:
I've got something new in the works as well though that will combat the spam more until CCP actually starts doing something Smile

/c

maybe a page that uses your spam stats to gather a list of spammer chars and then calls the IGB javascript Block function on all the characters in bulk?

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/IGB_Javascript_Methods#block_Method

although since you can only make one IGB javascript call per second that might take a while to run Shocked

--

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#27 - 2013-03-01 14:54:35 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
I Love Boobies wrote:
The block feature works ya know. Sure, would be nice to have CCP do something about the spam bots, but until they do, just block them. Blink

I'm beginning to wonder if there's an upper limit to the block list? 'Cause I've been a blocking monster. Sometimes I manage to get far enough ahead of the spambots that I can discern actual conversation threads between real people.

But mostly, any more, I just ignore Jita Local channel.

Spurty wrote:
I laughed harder than I really should of at:

http://eve-live.com/stats/CSM_Townhall

As for jita bots, 8 x right click "block" and all is well

Top for Jita:
1. [Want To Buy] WTB 2 PLEX 1.5 BILLION NEED IT FAST!!!
Roll

8937 times in 24 hours.
Shocked

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#28 - 2013-03-01 15:05:14 UTC
Chribba you are our only hope.

Not today spaghetti.

Ergoth Greylore
The Three Gadgeteers
#29 - 2013-03-01 15:48:33 UTC
Luzk told me about this X

Chribba is there anyway you can make a page with the top 10 spammers of the last 24 hours and how many lines of top notch spam they have giving.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#30 - 2013-03-01 16:00:25 UTC
Ergoth Greylore wrote:
Luzk told me about this X

Chribba is there anyway you can make a page with the top 10 spammers of the last 24 hours and how many lines of top notch spam they have giving.

http://eve-live.com/stats/Jita is pretty much what you look for - not saying they are all bots but you gotta be doing something to be on the top...

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Lady Godwynn
Lady Godwynn Corporation
#31 - 2013-03-01 16:08:16 UTC
Maybe when they finally get off their behinds and do something about bots in the busiest system in game the result
could be that there would be enough room in Jita for everyone who wanted to get in without hitting the user limit.

It's a f* disgrace.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#32 - 2013-03-01 16:33:28 UTC
Lady Godwynn wrote:
Maybe when they finally get off their behinds and do something about bots in the busiest system in game the result
could be that there would be enough room in Jita for everyone who wanted to get in without hitting the user limit.

It's a f* disgrace.

Maybe as simple as ejecting spammers into a near-by system. In space. With a criminal flag.
Would discourage human spammers as well as the bots.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

HollyShocker 2inthestink
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#33 - 2013-03-01 16:46:09 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
The block feature works ya know. Sure, would be nice to have CCP do something about the spam bots, but until they do, just block them. Blink

Would take all day to block that many. Bottom line is if its not legal for one it should not be legal for any.
Major 'Revolver' Ocelot
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-03-01 17:00:21 UTC
This annoys me as well, though I notice it's mainly contracts that are being spammed. So I made a suggestion to add a 1-2 minute cooldown between each contract post on local chat.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2672448#post2672448

Show your support!
Callic Veratar
#35 - 2013-03-01 17:09:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Callic Veratar
Nova Satar wrote:
And to anyone coming in this thread saying "leave local" or "block list?" please just shut the **** up. Some people want to be in jita and the second you block one then another one spawns.

How hard is it to just add a session timer hyperlinks in chat channels? You can only hyperlink once every 2 minutes. Problem solved.

EDIT, look at the counter for the most spammed message in Local at the moment... SOmebody has spammed a contract about Plexes 8500 times?!?

You seem to be contradicting yourself. This is a dozen people spamming the same message, not someone spamming new accounts. It shouldn't be too hard to block them all. Posting on the forums would have been harder than blocking them.

Also, "oops I posted the wrong link, I'll post the right one... in 2 minutes".
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-03-01 17:09:53 UTC
Question: why does anyone CARE what is said in Jita local.

the only thing i ever type there is 'GF' after i pod someone, and that is scolled away in a millisecond.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-03-01 17:16:13 UTC
Its not just that these botters are spamming Jita local (its already useless) it is that they are taking up the limited number of population slots in Jita making it harder to get in the system.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#38 - 2013-03-01 17:17:16 UTC
Kristopher Rocancourt wrote:
Question: why does anyone CARE what is said in Jita local.

the only thing i ever type there is 'GF' after i pod someone, and that is scolled away in a millisecond.

Bcause if it were not so overrun with 'bots, real people could use it effectively.

Jensaro Koraka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-03-01 17:21:19 UTC
luZk wrote:
I dont mind scammers. Infact I would'nt have my Jita without it. I think it's a part of eve.

But this "player" have been spamming Jita local for the last 10 days 23/7 every 3-5 second. I know for a fact that people have been talking in Jita local about this person as a spambot so I find it hard to believe this has not been petitioned. If not a bot then at least ban this "player" for continuous spamming. Im not going to mention any names but anyone who spends more than 10 mins in Jita would know who im talking about.

So I guess my question is does CCP now allow bot spamming?

Jita has local?

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -H.L. Mencken

Daimar Lavode
#40 - 2013-03-01 17:48:46 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if there's an upper limit to the block list? 'Cause I've been a blocking monster.

I hope not, I'm somewhere over 8,600 blocked and don't want to erase it to cleanse all the spambots that have been biomassed over the years.
Previous page123Next page