These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Big Bang Theory and Eve Online

Author
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#1 - 2013-03-01 12:49:18 UTC
I was watching the last few seasons of BBT a few weeks ago, and I noticed out of all the cameos other games and game franchises have made on the show, Eve Online has yet to be added into a script. There has been WoW, Age of Conan, Halo, SWTOR, Magic: The Gathering, Wii Sports, and a bunch of retro games making cameos, but still no Eve.

I think Eve Online would fit perfectly in a script for BBT; what better game for nerdy geek astro and theoretical physicist (and an engineer) manchildren than Eve Online?

Make it happen, CCP.
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-03-01 13:06:06 UTC
I think it would be better suited to Suits or The Office... minimised in the background
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#3 - 2013-03-01 18:05:36 UTC
Astenion wrote:
I was watching the last few seasons of BBT a few weeks ago, and I noticed out of all the cameos other games and game franchises have made on the show, Eve Online has yet to be added into a script. There has been WoW, Age of Conan, Halo, SWTOR, Magic: The Gathering, Wii Sports, and a bunch of retro games making cameos, but still no Eve.

I think Eve Online would fit perfectly in a script for BBT; what better game for nerdy geek astro and theoretical physicist (and an engineer) manchildren than Eve Online?

Make it happen, CCP.

Naaah. Isn't a character on that show hard enough to play EVE. Except maybe Penny.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

peacebee
Turian Standings and Loans
#4 - 2013-03-01 18:51:33 UTC
I have seen a eve poster in the comic book store, but i doubt there will be a eve related story line. Just too hardcore.
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#5 - 2013-03-01 22:05:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Astenion
Sheldon could easily play Eve. He has zero understanding about social graces and situations, he prefers complex, non user-friendly interfaces and shuns everyone around him for not understanding things the way he understands them. He also has a god complex and no one can ever live up to his expectations, nor does he expect them to.

He is THE QUINTESSENTIAL Eve player. Hell, I could've been describing The MIttani for that matter.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#6 - 2013-03-01 22:21:19 UTC
Astenion wrote:

Make it happen, CCP.

How would do you dress up as EVE? Lol
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#7 - 2013-03-01 22:38:57 UTC
They always do their gaming nights together, and every time they do it, they usually play a different game. One episode was actually based entirely around Age of Conan because Penney got addicted to it.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-03-01 22:42:04 UTC
Astenion wrote:
Sheldon could easily play Eve. He has zero understanding about social graces and situations, he prefers complex, non user-friendly interfaces and shuns everyone around him for not understanding things the way he understands them. He also has a god complex and no one can ever live up to his expectations, nor does he expect them to.

He is THE QUINTESSENTIAL Eve player. Hell, I could've been describing The MIttani for that matter.

Sheldon would multibox at least 100 accounts and then try to take sov for himself.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#9 - 2013-03-01 22:50:11 UTC
You know it!
Sheimi Madaveda
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-03-02 01:09:38 UTC
That would be hilarious. "Sheldon Cooper Alliance".

Arma Purgatorium - Once for the State, Now for the King Low Sec, PvP, Industrial - Open for Recruiting http://armapurgatorium.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/arpur_recruit1.png 

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#11 - 2013-03-02 01:41:01 UTC
Astenion wrote:

He has zero tolerance for losing. He'd ragequit in days.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Juno Valerii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-03-02 12:20:25 UTC
Sheldon wouldn't lose...he'd BE the Big Blue Donut
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#13 - 2013-03-02 13:02:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Astenion
silens vesica wrote:
Astenion wrote:

He has no tolerance for losing, but he has lots and lots of patience when it comes to getting what he wants. He is ruthless and conniving and has zero problem stepping on anyone who gets in his way. Sheldon will have already planned out exactly what he's going to do before he even launches the game for the first time. He's the type of person who would have waited all this time to play Eve just to jump in at just the right time and completely take over. That's the type of person Sheldon is. That would actually be a pretty awesome script for an episode.

Sheldon Cooper would be CEO of Coopwaffe Alliance and would bring all the big alliances under his own umbrella after having first cornered the markets in all four Empires. He doesn't spend any of his money, and has thousands of dollars just sitting in his desk drawer which he would probably use to buy enough plex to be a one-man army err, navy. He would then run for CSM and win by a landslide, and then he would rain down hell upon all of us.

Sheldon Cooper as CSM...imagine the roundtable at Fanfest. The Mittens episode last year would pale in comparison.
Dunpeal Hunter
Zervas Aeronautics
#14 - 2013-03-02 15:19:28 UTC
EVE Online in The Big Bang Theory would be epic, but it will never happen.

Here is why: The Big Bang Theory is a sitcom made for the public masses. While in the earlier episodes ans seasons there was on occasion a science topic or method that was explained (Schrödinger's cat being the best one), that is completely not the case anymore since i would say the last 2 seasons.

EVE Online is such a complex game that it would considerable time to explain how everything works (because most people have no idea what EVE Online is). A sitcom stops being funny when the audience doesnt understand the gag and if an explanation has to be given of why a joke is funny.

I dont know if this is important or not, but i have chickens.....

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#15 - 2013-03-02 15:30:52 UTC
Astenion wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Astenion wrote:

He has no tolerance for losing, but he has lots and lots of patience when it comes to getting what he wants. He is ruthless and conniving and has zero problem stepping on anyone who gets in his way. .
Nope. Not buying it. First time he gets suicide ganked, he's gone. He may declare victory before he goes, but he'll be gone.