These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Brutix, Myrmidon and EWF (mission spec)

Author
Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#1 - 2013-02-28 09:09:36 UTC
Yesterday I've lost my Brutix during a lvl3 mission, and while it was my fault, there was something annoying about that mission.

It was several pirate ships dampened my sensors. It was the first time I was in this situation, as I was forced to close the gap quickly and use my drones. My brut was equipped with six rails, which were not usable at the sub 10km range. I tried using a sensor booster, but it didn't seem to help at all. I was using rails from the get go, but will switch it will be better.

And now I ask for your help.

I'll move to using a Myrm now, and would like your suggestions on a mission fit with some sort of defensive measure. Main focus is damage and drones (would like some suggestions on that as well please), but I would like to avoid a situation like that as much as possible.
Vladimir Norkoff
Income Redistribution Service
#2 - 2013-02-28 09:22:18 UTC
Well the Myrm is fairly decent. Depending on your skills it can fit a pretty good shield tank which tends to be more useful for missioning. It's a travesty to fit a Myrm that way, but it is effective. Armor tanking uses alot of cap, so unless you have good cap skills the passive regen on a shield tank will probably do more for you.

Another option is to skill up Assault Frigs. With good skills an Ishkur can handle a L3 mission fairly easily. Don't know if you want to wait on train that up though. But it would be quicker than skilling up BC skills.

And yet another choice that somebody will undoubtedly suggest is "ZOMG Prophecy is soooo much better droneboat than Myrm!". Which it pretty much is. Question is whether or not you want to change to skilling up Amarr.
Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#3 - 2013-02-28 11:14:06 UTC
From what I read, the ishkur has no advantage over the myrm in terms of drone usage?
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#4 - 2013-02-28 11:40:22 UTC
I'd say the sentry drone Myrm is more than "decent" for L3s. High dps, great range and tanking bonus means that you don't need to run the cap-intensive repper(s) for long. You'll even have mids free for a target painter and omidirectional tracking link.

Try the Reactive armor hardener in addition to other resists, maybe it allows you to free a low for drone damage amp.

Sasori BaeI
Adepta Sororitas.
#5 - 2013-02-28 13:16:10 UTC
I used to run this setup for L3 Missions. With decent drone skills your 4 gallente sentries will one shoot frigates up to 34km(optimal range) for certain (and thanks to falloff well around 45km). Your rails will do the rest. Anything that get's below 9km will get blown up by a full flight of lights or medium dones. (quickly switch)

Since you're an active armor tank, you don't need to worry much about frigates that may make it that close (if any).
Exchange the hardeners for the specific mission, if a lot of mixed damage is to be expected replace one of the hardeners for an Reactive armor hardener.

I don't use an AB, simply because with this tank and sentry drone dps, there is no need to move at all. If you need more Tank i'd recommend to exchange the drone damage amp with the reactive armor hardener for a total of three hardeners. I can slowboat to the cargo anyway while my drones do the work. But during pure kill missions i don't move at all.

But feel free to exchange one Omni for an AB.

Drones are:
5 Gallente Light
5 Gallente Medium
4 Gallente Senties
3 Bouncer

[Myrmidon, Myrmidon L3 - relaxed]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Prototype Armor Thermic Hardener I
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Damage Control I
Medium Armor Repairer I
Medium Armor Repairer I

Omnidirectional Tracking Link I
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

250mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Antimatter Charge M
Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

With better skills you can obviously gear up bett stuff :)
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#6 - 2013-02-28 13:28:02 UTC
Sasori BaeI wrote:
I used to run this setup for L3 Missions. With decent drone skills your 4 gallente sentries will one shoot frigates up to 34km(optimal range) for certain (and thanks to falloff well around 45km). Your rails will do the rest. Anything that get's below 9km will get blown up by a full flight of lights or medium dones. (quickly switch)

Since you're an active armor tank, you don't need to worry much about frigates that may make it that close (if any).
Exchange the hardeners for the specific mission, if a lot of mixed damage is to be expected replace one of the hardeners for an Reactive armor hardener.

I don't use an AB, simply because with this tank and sentry drone dps, there is no need to move at all. If you need more Tank i'd recommend to exchange the drone damage amp with the reactive armor hardener for a total of three hardeners. I can slowboat to the cargo anyway while my drones do the work. But during pure kill missions i don't move at all.

But feel free to exchange one Omni for an AB.

Drones are:
5 Gallente Light
5 Gallente Medium
4 Gallente Senties
3 Bouncer

Damage Control I
Medium Armor Repairer I
Medium Armor Repairer I

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I

With better skills you can obviously gear up bett stuff :)

Skip the damage control, you are better off using one more active hardener

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Backfyre
Hohmann Transfer
#7 - 2013-02-28 13:55:28 UTC
Sensor dampener mission rats are a PITA. Usually nothing you can do except wait until they close range. If you can get your drones out, they will auto-attack but will likely take aggro too. Current rat AI can chew up your drones.

A better tank would help. IIRC, those rats only sensor dampen. They do not warp scramble. No harm in warping out.

Quote:
My brut was equipped with six rails, which were not usable at the sub 10km range.

Try anti-matter ammo and a tracking computer with a tracking script. Perhaps a tracking enhancer if you can spare the low slot.

The loss could have simply been a poor fit.

Quote:
Damage Control I
Medium Armor Repairer I
Medium Armor Repairer I

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor I

If they can use a MAR 1, they should use the meta 4 instead. Easier fit and more repair.

For newer players, keep the DCU. The added structure buffer can give you time to warp out before you pop.

How long can you sustain that tank? 45s? Might get a little hairy for a lower skill pilot. Might need to swap a mid for a cap booster. Baseline fit is worth a test drive. Adjust as needed.
Sasori BaeI
Adepta Sororitas.
#8 - 2013-02-28 14:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasori BaeI
Backfyre wrote:

If they can use a MAR 1, they should use the meta 4 instead. Easier fit and more repair.

For newer players, keep the DCU. The added structure buffer can give you time to warp out before you pop.

How long can you sustain that tank? 45s? Might get a little hairy for a lower skill pilot. Might need to swap a mid for a cap booster. Baseline fit is worth a test drive. Adjust as needed.

True enough, i'll leave it to everyone themselves what meta (ISK spend) they want to use. I just wanted to outline the basics.
Damage control: 50%+ (depending on meta) more resist on hull is invaluable if you are new and may need to warp out. But if you know your way around Hannott Thanos is right. Again just a basic line, since OP lost his brutix, i'd value a DCU over a third Resist.

As for the Cap:
With my skills ? Maybe it was 5:30? Don't remember and i don't have access to EFT atm.
Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#9 - 2013-02-28 14:29:08 UTC
Thanks for the pointers and suggestions. I will try this out later on, should elp me understand drones better too.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#10 - 2013-02-28 18:42:02 UTC
The only pirate faction that uses damps are Serpentis. They are weak tanked against kinetic and thermal damage.
Also Serpentis like to get close to you and railguns maybe less efective against them. Use blasters instead for them.

Put an active kinetic and and active thermal resist mod on that boat and have fun.

As far as the Myrmidon goes, you can use dual omnidirectional tracking enhancers on her and deploy Ogres on close targets.

And maybe you want to keel the dampener boats first, so they wont annoy you any longer.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#11 - 2013-02-28 23:51:00 UTC
^True that. I played a bit with it today, and the style is totally different. The only question I have regarding the fit suggested here is that I can't fit all the drones suggested?
Songbird
#12 - 2013-03-01 03:38:13 UTC
For missions you wanna go directly to BS as fast as possible. You have the BC trained , Bs should be a question of 1 skill raised to 3 or 4 asap. First of all you'll have much more space for drones. Second you can have a flight of heavies to deal with stuff up close and personal and a flight of sentries to deal with stuff at range. And still have space in the drone bay for flights of mediums and lights. Besides domi have more slots than a BC. And you can actually have bonused guns on it , unlike the myrmidon which has no bonuses.
Hell you can even get a large ancillary repairer and run 4s with it. In missions more is better :)mwahahaah
Inari Visas
Federal Navy Academy
#13 - 2013-03-04 13:47:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Inari Visas
I've been using this build and I kinda like it. It's smooth and lets me deal with stuff quite wel. However, I wold liek to know what can be done to improve dmg output (with turrets), if you will.

Is it just about ammo and skills at this point? Or should I move to better guns and that's the gist of it?
Termy Rockling
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-03-04 14:48:38 UTC
Inari Visas wrote:
I've been using this build and I kinda like it. It's smooth and lets me deal with stuff quite wel. However, I wold liek to know what can be done to improve dmg output (with turrets), if you will.

Is it just about ammo and skills at this point? Or should I move to better guns and that's the gist of it?

Manual piloting helps when you get too near with long range weapons, look at your current target and move same direction with it or try to minimize transversal by some other means.
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#15 - 2013-03-04 14:56:30 UTC
Have you trained the racial ability that improves ship sensor strength for your hull? Are you using a booster with the appropriate Sensor Integrity II MindLink?

Both options to try before switching hull.

I know how annoying it is. I run Guristas missions and used to get jammed often. Those two steps above will make it better.

Good luck.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#16 - 2013-03-05 01:45:47 UTC
John Ratcliffe wrote:
Have you trained the racial ability that improves ship sensor strength for your hull?

While that would indeed help against Guristas and ECM, it will do nothing against Serpentis and damps.
Naoru Kozan
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-03-05 22:06:55 UTC
You guys are missing the most obvious solution: fit a sensor booster. Also figure out which rats are damping you and kill them first.