These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Crow for CSM

First post
Author
Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-02-28 19:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Crowned-Clown
My name is Crowned-Clown and would like to officially announce my candidacy for the 8th Council of Stellar Management.

History,
I started playing this game 2003 Oktober on another character which i later lost. I have experience from Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec and wormhole space. I have lived in all kinds of space, i have tried everything in the game. Except an open political scheme, which i'm doing now.

What are my goals as a CSM representative?

Reform Dust's prior intentions
Make stations destructible ( 0.0 )
On grid decloaking emittors
Revamping moon mining at it's core
Bribing in different aspects of the game
Revamping POS structures and adding Player owned platforms
Npc convoys into lowsec and 0.0
Alliance bookmarks " strongest point "

I intend to spread fear!

Personal

My real name out of game is Alexander Ohberg, i live in a small town called Eskilstuna. About 10 miles from Stockholm sweden, I'm 21 years old. Currently i'm unemployed, which gives me a lot of time to play EVE.
My adress is:
Akerovagen 20
Any death threats sent to this address must be in a orange envelope. Hopefully with a ticking clock and a bomb attached. If not i'm highly dissapointed.
Endeavour Starfleet
#2 - 2013-02-28 21:03:19 UTC
Hello there!

I would like to name several situations that I feel are detrimental to the game. Give a solution and ask you for your stance on both. I do need answers to all the situations for my vote(s)

POS those three letters bring nightmares to just about anyone having the misfortune of having to operate one. The solution in the long term is obviously modular POS. Yet CCP seems to be backpedaling on implementing this despite the MANY benefits. What is your stance on the possibility of a near term bandage of a form of player POS that is only designed to be the equilivant of a Secure Container for ships until modular POS is ready?

Overpowered passive cloaking. It is now to the point where people are now beyond AFK cloaking but running Twitch.tv streams of enemy stations and systems! Would you support balancing cloaking to punish those who go AFK (Eventually able to be scanned down for decloak) while maintaining the benefits to people actively cloaking (Remaining at their keyboard)

Lack of Ring Mining. Again with the CCP backpedaling despite the many benefits for nullsec and other areas for the game. What is your stand on the crap that is moon mining?

The silly push by some in the community to end or delay "Local" or any effective means for those in a nullsec system to determine if a hostile or unknown is in system in them. This obviously needs no solution but I want your thoughts.

The horrible state of missions in hisec. The solution in my opinion is a complete rewrite to allow for a more incursion like approach that rewards those who want to train up logistic frigs and cruisers or be a specific role in a fleet. Also providing a way for newer players to experience group play in EVE.

Incursion suckage. With the nerfs to Incursions fleets have slowed to a trickle and it was sad to see CCP willing to spend more development time nerfing entire expansions instead of doing what was right being making other aspects of EVE better. Modular POS and Ring mining need dev time sooner so I will admit this ought to be looked at later however I wanted to get your views on them and have this to be some context to the next aspect of Logi.

Logi suckage. Logis do not have the tools to do their job. They need to be able to tell who is locked and taking damage and in large fleets the watchlist can't handle that leading to dependence on broadcasts that most of EVE seems to not know or refuse to use right. Look at any average HQ incursion fleet where people don't broadcast right stressing out logi or in fleet fights where following FCs orders makes it harder to broadcast properly. A solution is a logi only screen that is completely configurable to show who is taking the most DPS and who has the most locks in fleet.

Logi Suckage #2 Reps don't get you on mails? Wut? Solution obviously is to have repping those in fleet land you on killmails generated from fleet.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#3 - 2013-02-28 22:03:27 UTC
Crowned-Clown wrote:

I wish to create a direct link and a need of Dust 512 to the eve society.

Is that a prequel to the current game? Was it on the original Playstation?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Bantara
Dolmite Cornerstone
#4 - 2013-02-28 22:14:20 UTC
Crowned-Clown wrote:

I started playing this game 2003 Oktober on another character which i later lost.

Explain please.
Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-02-28 22:18:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Crowned-Clown
Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-02-28 22:20:13 UTC
Two step wrote:
Crowned-Clown wrote:

I wish to create a direct link and a need of Dust 512 to the eve society.

Is that a prequel to the current game? Was it on the original Playstation?

I apologize for writing Dust 512 instead of 514, i should feel bad and such... bla bla hey.
Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-02-28 22:21:54 UTC
Bantara wrote:
Crowned-Clown wrote:

I started playing this game 2003 Oktober on another character which i later lost.

Explain please.

It was lost, like the term lost. Not able to find.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-02-28 22:35:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Crowned-Clown wrote:
I wish to create a direct link and a need of Dust 512 to the eve society. In terms of having dust battles that either shortens or prolongs the reinforcement timers for Ihubs and Stations.

Why should Eve players have to put up with excessive intrusion from a console shooter?

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-02-28 22:40:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Crowned-Clown
POS:

To be honest i have the same feeling about those structures, especially anchoring and onlining large pos structures or guns, it is by far the most horrible experience in eve. In general they can atleast reduce the timers with 50% and also introduce different types of player owned structures.
We have seen in missions npc's having platforms and similar structures, like a hidden base inside of an asteroid, station hidden in a gas cloud. There are many examples of how to make it better from the current system.

AFK cloak:

I believe the current t2 cloaking devices and covert ops cloaking should not leave a trace, also this is in all intel gathering with the twitch stream. But i believe it's good for 0.0, as it isnt called null security space because it is safe. It's a dangerous place.
But implementing an anchorable device, like the warp disruption bubble that decloaks enemies would be a good solution.

Moons and ring mining:

I believe that moons should be able to deplete and spawn in another random area, but i cannot say that they should implement another form of mining at this stage just as there are more important agendas to deal with first.

Local chat:

I believe that local chat has nothing to do in 0.0 sov and there should be a module that creates that chat. Much like a cyno jammer, then people owning the sov can decide if they want local or not. If you have an empire you should be allowed to customize it like you want.

Incursion and highsec:

I believe the state of incursion and mission running is at it's all time low, just because of the nerfs. Where the nerfs justified? Yes they were justified, but to this degree? No, they nerfed it to hard.

Logi and interface:

The logistical situation is based upon two things to be honest, people broadcasting for health and logistics being able to see it. I don't think there should be a logi only display or screen, as it would make the work easy. It is supposed to be challenging, exciting and you cannot save everyone.
Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-02-28 22:42:33 UTC
Why should Eve players have to put up with excessive intrusion from a console shooter?

Because CCP has designed a shooter game to go together with our beloved eve online, why not make the best of it?
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-02-28 22:47:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Crowned-Clown wrote:
Because CCP has designed a shooter game to go together with our beloved eve online, why not make the best of it?

That's not what I asked. What I asked is why should we have to put up with it? Your proposal is to expand on whatever minimal links already exist, and expand on them in quite drastic and game-altering fashion. It's on you to demonstrate why that would be a good thing. "Why not?" is a pretty awful answer, and leads me to believe you haven't thought about it at all (ironically enough, it's that same brand of "HAY THAT SOUNDS PRETTY COOL" thought that gave us the stupid Dust-links-to-Eve nonsense in the first place).

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-02-28 22:52:22 UTC
That's not what I asked. What I asked is why should we have to put up with it? Your proposal is to expand on whatever minimal links already exist, and expand on them in quite drastic and game-altering fashion. It's on you to demonstrate why that would be a good thing. "Why not?" is a pretty awful answer.

This was the answer given to you, if you do not like it i can answer it goonswarm style.
The answer wasn't why not it was Because CCP has designed a shooter game to go together with our beloved eve online, why not make the best of it?

" Goonswarm style "

Yo man, terrorists with uzis and stuff. Running round, but merica, burger king... You know m16 in wheelchair.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-02-28 22:56:27 UTC
Ahh, so you've got no answer to why major game-altering changes should be made beside "why not?". I'm sure that level of deep thought and insight into this wonderfully complex game of ours will make you a fantastic candidate.

Should I ask you about your moon depletion idea or is that just another "why not?" or "lol ur goon" answer waiting as well?

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-02-28 23:03:56 UTC
Ahh, so you've got no answer to why major game-altering changes should be made beside "why not?". I'm sure that level of deep thought and insight into this wonderfully complex game of ours will make you a fantastic candidate.

Well as much as i would love to say, that they should scrap dust and world of darkness. They won't do that, so instead of bitching and whining about it. Figure out a solution to make it more involved in the game. For example dust is dependent upon eve to work, but it hasn't been decided how it should affect the game. I believe bringing it to 0.0 and have as a game changer for timers would get people to value dust mercenaries and dust players.

Should I ask you about your moon depletion idea or is that just another "why not?" or "lol ur goon" answer waiting as well?

As far as depletion goes, everything has an end in eve. By extracting moon material from the same moon, over and over again. Shouldn't it be affected like all other resources in the game?
As far as i know, asteroids deplete, gas clouds deplete, ice asteroids deplete, why wouldn't moons do that but during longer intervals?
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-02-28 23:13:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
Crowned-Clown wrote:
Well as much as i would love to say, that they should scrap dust and world of darkness. They won't do that, so instead of bitching and whining about it. Figure out a solution to make it more involved in the game. For example dust is dependent upon eve to work, but it hasn't been decided how it should affect the game. I believe bringing it to 0.0 and have as a game changer for timers would get people to value dust mercenaries and dust players.

Again, "why not?" isn't an answer. Dust simply existing is not a compelling reason to make its link with Eve that much more involving. You have to do things like demonstrate WHY Eve players should have to be affected by Dust. Right now the link is minimal, and your proposal would seriously expand the link (to a region of the game you take no part in, might I add). As I said, it's on you to demonstrate WHY making the link bigger is good for Eve players.

Crowned-Clown wrote:
As far as depletion goes, everything has an end in eve. By extracting moon material from the same moon, over and over again. Shouldn't it be affected like all other resources in the game?
As far as i know, asteroids deplete, gas clouds deplete, ice asteroids deplete, why wouldn't moons do that but during longer intervals?

Ice asteroids don't deplete, it's one of the reasons they're favored by botters.

As far as moons depleting, you're at an idea that sounds nice in theory (i.e. before you start to consider pesky things like moon mining and scanning mechanics), but once you introduce all the variables, it's a lot less desirable. I have to ask before this goes any further, have you done any moon scanning? And I mean trying to scan down a constellation or region entirely, not just "I launched a probe at a moon this one time".

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-02-28 23:20:22 UTC
It seems like what answer you will get from this wont be enough of a reason to convince you otherwise, also ice asteroids deplete FYI, but they have a huge mass. You can go and check that right now by scanning one of those.

I have probed out 2 regions where I've lived, i know it ain't fun but allowing people to enter a gold mine which they can tap endless defies all reasoning that you can muster.

Also to your hate on Dust, i didnt just say why not, i formulated an answer which you had to contradict in order to enlighten self-esteem. As you cannot give a good reasoning to something that doesnt exist to have it countered by why? Which was your question. :)
Dyvim Slorm
Coven of the Morrigan
#17 - 2013-03-01 01:20:33 UTC
Crowned-Clown wrote:

Also to your hate on Dust, i didnt just say why not, i formulated an answer which you had to contradict in order to enlighten self-esteem. As you cannot give a good reasoning to something that doesnt exist to have it countered by why? Which was your question. :)

Snow Axe has made a very good point and it's not about "hate" it's about relevance.

Precisely why should Eve players care about Dust and what *actual* benefit will Eve players get out of it? Please be specific in your reply if you can.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#18 - 2013-03-01 02:42:41 UTC
So uh, do you play DUST? What corp?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#19 - 2013-03-01 07:02:08 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
Crowned-Clown wrote:
I'm not about the PR or the babes, i heard that was mandatory of CSM to get babes.

Well all I know, is that the newly elected chairman always gets to be able to take a photo with CCP Punkturis. *babes*

With you not interested in that, I no longer take your candidacy seriously.

Crowned-Clown wrote:
Any death threats sent to this address must be in a orange envelope. Hopefully with a ticking clock and a bomb attached. If not i'm highly dissapointed.

Would you find the fact that the envelope and the death letter would be written in english and not written in a beloved european language. The worst part about your imminent death?

Or would you be able to get past those facts easily, and find imminent death the worst part?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-03-01 08:30:48 UTC
Two step wrote:
So uh, do you play DUST? What corp?

I don't play dust at all for the moment, the lack of funds i have at the moment isn't enough to purchase a Playstation. Perhaps in a close future i can buy it to play Dust.
12Next page