These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well the mining community in high sec has come full circle.

Author
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#121 - 2013-02-28 21:38:42 UTC
Bashier Brutalius wrote:
Well I spent a bit of time and read most of this post trying to figure out the issues.

Now I have played EVE before and was in a few player corps. and part of the reason I left was at that time was the constant war decking. I left two corps. trying to find a more stable corp. Maybe the problem is not so much the mining formula is flawed, but the player corp. formula is wrong. I know that I left the game after being forced to change corps due to being unable to play cause i was a noob and then changing corps to have the same thing happen. Spending several weeks docked up due to some war I can't even get into just told me it was time to drop the game.

Right now I am in an NPC corp getting a bank roll and skills ready for low/null space mining and PVP, but until I am less of a noob the NPC corp seems to provide a way to play the game without the pain of sitting out a grudge match that you have no real understanding of and all you want to do is play.

If I am totally off the mark take it for what it is a noob on a steep learning curve opinion.

As it should be.

The NPC corp is where you should learn to play, and get prepared to join a player run corp. As a new player a wardec is going to have a larger impact.

At the same time, the corp you join matters.
Being in a corp that can deal with a wardec because the people in charge understand that this a part of the game, and takes appropriate measures to be able to function during a war without resorting to staying docked or dropping corp, will make a world of difference.

You can see how many people are in the corps you're at war with, as well as find out when they operate, to figure out whether or not they'll actually be an issue for you. A lot of guys will see the wardec and just assume that if they undock they'll get blown up, even though the corp that decced them has 12 members and plays during EU times, while they themselves play in US peak times.

If the corp tells you to stay docked, you should say attempt to rob them blind at some point an then join a real corp.

There are things you can do to minimize your loss when there's a war, without having to resort to leaving a corp.

I get the impression sometimes that high sec guys think logistics is something you only have to deal with in null. WAR TIME logistics is required everywhere.

Then you've got an entire group of players who want to be mercenaries that you can hire, but there's little reason to if you don't lose any profits dropping back to the NPC corp.
Bashier Brutalius
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#122 - 2013-02-28 22:17:54 UTC
Got to admit that I am spending alot more time looking at Corps this time around. Also spending a bunch more time trying to understand the whole dynamics. Got to love this games learning curve , looks like a missile launch.
Kathern Aurilen
#123 - 2013-02-28 23:01:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kathern Aurilen
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
Hordes of macro miners roaming about the belts freely sucking away at the newly re-spawned tiny specks of asteroids currently in the belts of high sec. Yes folks we have come FULL CIRCLE.
.... Ok you've made a broad statement... Let me make a few to make things fair. I've mined in 50 high sec systems and never once seen what I would call a bot, AFK yes... but not a bot. If you see a "BOT" fleet, see if you can get a commission from new order to scout for them or Report it or blast it on the forums that way we can all get in on the fun.

The only times I seen multiple empty field was after the large mining fleets swoop through, orca, battleships with mining lasers, hulks, and a freighter(new with the change in the last big update). Me, my corp 1 corp mate and 2 guys(that happened to be working in the field) have managed to clear a mid sized field in 2-3 hours... untouched 6-10 hours after downtime.

Quote:
I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.
...No you haven't, I have my pick of 3 systems right next door that I can mine in if the "HOOVER" fleets are working in my system. I often hit those systems just just for a change of pace cause the rocks are so untouched that I can fill my mack on one big roid, 190,000 units... lately its closer to 90,000 thats when I start checking my adjoining systems.

Quote:
I fully expect the flamers to bark that there are many fat belts around the place or that I should go mining in low sec or null but that’s not how I wish to play. I really have been far and wile and there is nothing worthy out there to mine in high security space.
HELL let us know... or new order or something. I would love to get in on a bot squishing squad

Quote:
Is this game over for the many players who simply wish to log on and spend a few quiet hours making isk. CCP are you going to scrifice these players for the sake of macro miners AGAIN?!
I love a lil quiet time to mine after a long day. I'm not having near as much fun mining as I used to dew to the rise of the extortion group "NO!"(new order)

No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!

Forum alt, unskilled in the ways of pewpew!

Kathern Aurilen
#124 - 2013-02-28 23:13:04 UTC
S'Way wrote:
How to find rocks in high sec ?
Systems without stations far away from market hubs.
I'm sitting 4 jumps out from a trade hub, in a system with 4 stations, and 40 people on local, with 3 connecting systems in line from a neighboring region along a trade route... ALL MY SYSTEMS HAVE FULL BELTS

Dave stark
#125 - 2013-02-28 23:15:26 UTC
Kathern Aurilen wrote:
S'Way wrote:
How to find rocks in high sec ?
Systems without stations far away from market hubs.
I'm sitting 4 jumps out from a trade hub, in a system with 4 stations, and 40 people on local, with 3 connecting systems in line from a neighboring region along a trade route... ALL MY SYSTEMS HAVE FULL BELTS

that's quite common. people just like to make nonsense threads these days.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#126 - 2013-02-28 23:24:15 UTC
Even if all of the ore in highsec got mined every day, I wouldn't want more to be spawned just because more people want to mine in highsec. Eve is a game with a living economy, and you can't have that when everything everyone wants just gets spawned into existence. It requires limited resource and competition.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Kathern Aurilen
#127 - 2013-02-28 23:27:05 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
actually, as a solo miner, there is. most corps offer orca bonuses.

the problem is, once you have about 3 accounts or more, inevitably one will be your own orca and at that point, nobody can offer you anything that is worth giving up war dec immunity for.

there is that I suppose. I refuse to multibox mining though.

then you have plenty of reason to join a player corp, however conversely i'll wager you're one of few miners that doesn't multibox.
i was like you once, "one account is enough". well, that didn't last long, now i have 3 accounts.
I don't muti-box and never planed to

Dave stark
#128 - 2013-02-28 23:40:19 UTC
Kathern Aurilen wrote:
I don't muti-box and never planed to

that's nice, dear.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#129 - 2013-02-28 23:50:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Natsett Amuinn
Wouldn't never planed to imply that you will be but never planned to?

Or is the thread now about wood working?