These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PvP Experience...

First post
Author
Sidrat Flush
KarmaFleet
#41 - 2013-02-28 02:27:27 UTC
From the tone of your original post and your subsequent comments I doubt it's your lack of pvp experience that's holding you back but your hostile attitude.

I hope you use the material that has been linked you might want to try ssking civil questions to the victor if you are able to learn to listen.

I hope your a better boss thsn an Eve player as so far in two pages your attitude is very poor.

Its time to stand up against the bad empire based CEO telling falsehoods about what new characters can accomplish and pushing them towards an in game experience of drudgery and loneliness keeping them in the shadow of ignorance for at nest their own profit at worse apathy towards all the experiences that Eve has to offer.

Hannah Flex
#42 - 2013-02-28 02:30:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Hannah Flex
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#43 - 2013-02-28 03:04:31 UTC
I was recruited based solely on my enthusiasm for doing bad things.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Max Doobie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-02-28 15:31:53 UTC
Hannah Flex wrote:
You should try a newbie friendly alliance like goons or test

I would do something about your posting first though Smile

Not joining anyone that censors people on forums sorry.

I'm not anyone's drones. I will come to forums and speak my mind and it's apparent that CFC/HBC doesn't like that, and I refuse to bow down and change just to be another zombie.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#45 - 2013-02-28 15:50:21 UTC
You don't actually need to be in an alliance. you don't even need to be in a player corp.

One of the teams in the New Eden Open was a bunch of vets from one of the starter schools. a lot of people feel that way about eve politics and just form their own communities whereever they find them instead.

forums.  serious business.

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#46 - 2013-02-28 15:51:17 UTC
As I stated in one of your other posts:

Its not other people its you.

I can tell you that with 100% certainty having never met or talked to you and only having read a few of your posts.

I will not go into why it is not other people its you because it would be a complete waste of my time.

Not today spaghetti.

Max Doobie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-02-28 15:53:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Doobie
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
You don't actually need to be in an alliance. you don't even need to be in a player corp.

One of the teams in the New Eden Open was a bunch of vets from one of the starter schools. a lot of people feel that way about eve politics and just form their own communities whereever they find them instead.

ty for the advice, but Im just going to go elsewhere.

I deal with enough BS with running a business, I play video games to escape BS.

anti-social tendencies mixed with anonymity is simply a bad mix for someone of my limited patience.

unsubbing from thread
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-02-28 16:06:00 UTC
Krazynikomo wrote:
Karl Hobb wrote:
OP, maybe you should try a null-sec alliance like TEST.

He tried that, and got kicked out, for being too autistic for TEST.
Too autistic, for TEST. Just, let that sink in for a while.

I let it sink in for a while.

That is..admirable...masterful...genius.

"Kicked from TEST: ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED"

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

monkfish2345
Comply Or Die
Pandemic Horde
#49 - 2013-02-28 16:11:51 UTC
Max Doobie wrote:

I was with them for 2 days and hated it. It's just clusterf**king, it's not organized worth a damn and you don't learn anything.

this is pretty much what you will find with fleets whereever you go. strangley you eventually learn to do as your told and be as organsied as you can be.

beyond that study the game and the mechanics that make pvp what it is.

and start smaller. there are plenty of less well established corps that will take on newer players, they often have high SP players amongst them you can learn from.

finally, don;t expect to be flying for someone like PL NC. or whoever else considers themselves 'elite' it takes time to build a Kilboard and a rep that will get you in with those people, then when you get there you'll find out it wasn't worth the hassle.
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#50 - 2013-02-28 16:51:48 UTC
Maybe this will help, maybe not.

My experience to get to where I am today, a video maker, a fairly well known PvPer, and leader of an alliance that is fairly "scary" as such.

1. Started off in 0.0, playing as mainly a Taranis pilot. I learned a lot by joining big fleets and listening to how FC's played the game and what the "linguo" was.
2. I saw my gangs get smashed to pieces by competant pvpers, in much smaller gangs, and learnt from my mistakes losing more and more taranis.
3. I contacted those people, and asked how they did it, and what am i missing etc, i then actively hunted them myself, solo, and killed their solo pvpers or tacklers.
4. I joined up with them and listened to their FCs
5. I got bored of not doing it myself, by this time i could fly hyperion, so I started flying it, making PvP videos etc.
6. People recognised who i was, I made a corp and pirated til my hearts content.
7. Found logistics started busting up big alliances gatecamps (note this is a circle)
8. Started FCing BS/Logi fleets and enjoyed the rush
9. Found capitals, started dropping them, lost capitals to bigger alliances
10. Got more capitals and BS', started killing capitals

^ one big viscious circle of EVE, yet by far the most interesting, fun and yet infuriating game i've ever played :)
-Buhhd
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2013-02-28 17:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Max Doobie wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

ty for the advice, but Im just going to go elsewhere.

I deal with enough BS with running a business, I play video games to escape BS.

anti-social tendencies mixed with anonymity is simply a bad mix for someone of my limited patience.

unsubbing from thread

Another thing that seems to be a paradox. The best PVP'ers I have met in this game is also the calmest, collected, and never seem to get angry and have a world of patience.

I never get angry no matter how much people goat me. I can sit and watch war targets for hours going on about their business before I go after them.

You need to relax and think about what you want to do and do it. Don't wait for somebody else to do it for you. Getting angry at people on the forums... I dont want to know how angry you get when you loose ships.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Callic Veratar
#52 - 2013-02-28 17:15:51 UTC
I have no idea what could have been the issue with your PVP skills.
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2013-02-28 17:26:57 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:

You really don't?
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#54 - 2013-02-28 18:03:07 UTC
Look for better corps and stop trying to shortlist the corps YOU want to join. There are many MANY good corps out there who take low sp, inexperienced people.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-03-01 02:27:04 UTC
Max Doobie wrote:

Not joining anyone that censors people on forums sorry.

I'm not anyone's drones. I will come to forums and speak my mind and it's apparent that CFC/HBC everyone doesn't like that, and I refuse to bow down and change just to be another zombie. should biomass.

FYP,slightly.
Iggys
Kurupt.
Sedition.
#56 - 2013-03-01 02:50:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Iggys
Your attitude needs to change before you will have anyone take their time to help you. You don't need to kiss anyone's ass, butt you need to be able to handle constructive criticism and give the common respect that is found between most players in eve. With that being said.... Here's my advice for you:

Join one of the NPC faction warfare corps (I.e. federal defense union). Faction warfare is the perfect introduction to pvp as it gives you ample opportunity to make money and fight. IF you show you are cooperative and able to follow orders your skill points, wallet size, and actual skill will be ignored by most corps. In fact, many very good corps will recruit you if you have a good attitude.

Above is the exact route I took and I am now in the number 1 corp. for the gallente federation (also the worst pilot and have the lowest SP).

Good luck with your search. I recommend you listen to what others have said before me about your attitude, this is a game that is primarily made up of intelligent adults( I'm not one). Almost no one wants to deal with some shithead punk, much less help one.

Good luck!
dark heartt
#57 - 2013-03-01 03:51:19 UTC
Cebraio wrote:
Callic Veratar wrote:

You really don't?

Haha that was some comedy stuff there. Thanks for the laughs guys.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#58 - 2013-03-01 05:00:12 UTC
I've removed some off topic posts from the thread. Please keep it on topic and civil. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2013-03-01 08:05:46 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:

Its not like you need much more than that for RVB.
dark heartt
#60 - 2013-03-01 08:10:22 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Callic Veratar wrote:

Its not like you need much more than that for RVB.

Sure if you really don't want to keep that ship for more than 1 second and not kill anything.