These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Station trading tool?

Author
LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-02-26 10:48:28 UTC
Ive been station trading for a while with some success.
I think I understand the concepts well enough but finding suitable items to trade is a pain.

What I would really like is an app or website that reads market data and could tell me what items have the best combination of high volume traded per day, wide spread and few existing buy/sell orders. ratio of buy to sell orders would also be useful (calculated per unit bought/sold). Id be placing and managing orders manually (other wise it would be considered botting as eve-u have found out). Can any one suggest a publicly available tool with this function or is there any one who has such a tool they are willing to sell for isk?
terzho
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-02-26 11:02:03 UTC
So you want a magical tool...........which gives away free trading advice..........so everyone goes and follows it.............making it not profitable?
Nexx Parker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-26 11:03:24 UTC
The ingame market data graph and sheet?
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.
#4 - 2013-02-26 11:07:33 UTC
terzho wrote:
So you want a magical tool...........which gives away free trading advice..........so everyone goes and follows it.............making it not profitable?

its been around for a long time

eve central

google it op

@JerryTPepridge

LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-02-26 11:14:13 UTC
I can find the items myself using in game graphs and have been doing for sometime but something but uses the data in the same way eve central or eve marketdata does to help me identify good items is what Im looking for. This would still need player skill to detect margin scams or items that are about to crash. All Im looking for is a method of automating the search for high volume high spread items. Similar tools are already available for arbitrage of goods station to station, Im sure Im not the only one who would find such a tool useful. Any suggestions?
LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-02-26 11:20:34 UTC
Thanks Jerry I use eve central already and other tools that calculate profit. However Ive yet to find anything that can filter items via trade volume and spread. I know such a thing is possible with the eve market data relay, unfortunately Im no coder or Id make the tool myself. What Im asking is has any one found a way to do what im asking and is willing to share or sell said tool?
Nexx Parker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-02-26 11:22:11 UTC
I am pretty sure you won't get an answer here. Making the search for good items automated would be like using a mining-bot. Simply boring and not healthy for the market.

At least, a trader has to analyse the market data himself.
LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-02-26 11:30:30 UTC
I believe you maybe right its unlikely the owner of such a tool would want to share it but I have checked and reading data and processing it is not considered botting only writing data (like automatically placing/updating orders) I may need to learn to use VB and make my own. Note a tool like this would still need user input to find the good items but would nearly narrow down the search biased on a few perimeters.
Jerry T Pepridge
#9 - 2013-02-26 11:56:45 UTC
when can we expect your bond thread

@JerryTPepridge

LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-02-26 12:00:28 UTC
lol no plans on starting bonds any time soon
LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-02-27 01:42:55 UTC
after some hunting around it looks like evementat may be what im looking for ill update when ive had a chance to play with it
Jerry T Pepridge
#12 - 2013-02-27 04:39:51 UTC
LtTrog wrote:
after some hunting around it looks like evementat may be what im looking for ill update when ive had a chance to play with it

remember to pre-pledge 20b and ill stay away from your thread.

@JerryTPepridge

LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-02-27 05:14:13 UTC
your welcome so stay as long as you like. The pledge 20b seems to be a recurring meme on these pages I assume your joking as Im not starting any IPO or bonds
Saveritrader
Sav Trading
#14 - 2013-02-27 16:03:43 UTC
It doesn't really matter if you're setting up a bond or not... Jerry likes to pledge 20b anyway. Shocked
LtTrog
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-02-28 10:48:51 UTC
Im down with that ill expect the 20b by the end of the week