These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well the mining community in high sec has come full circle.

Author
Dave stark
#101 - 2013-02-28 07:48:35 UTC
dark heartt wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
dark heartt wrote:
I mine in a highsec island surrounded by lowsec systems. I am the only miner here... company is welcome!

i shall join you, in my catalyst.

You'll have to deal with the rest of the corp living here haha. That and I do tank my ships. Otherwise I shall welcome you with open arms!

what does tanking your ships have anything to do with it? i put a survey scanner on my catalyst...
Irya Boone
The Scope
#102 - 2013-02-28 09:08:46 UTC
I'm confused ....
SadCryOops

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#103 - 2013-02-28 10:13:30 UTC
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#104 - 2013-02-28 10:33:19 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.

*looks around at the countless giant field of asteroids that she could never hope to clear out in a day*

Roll

Hint: Get away from Jita. Far, far away from Jita.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#105 - 2013-02-28 10:35:58 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.

*looks around at the countless giant field of asteroids that she could never hope to clear out in a day*

Roll

Hint: Get away from Jita. Far, far away from Jita.

Just yesterday, I was around Jita about 10 hours after downtime. And for curiosity's sake I checked the belts in New Caldari and there were rocks floating everywhere. One jump away from Jita. Rocks. Belts full of them. Sure, it's just Veldspar, but still, it's not empty.
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#106 - 2013-02-28 10:41:47 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
CCP did not put the NPC corps in the game so that industrialists can exploit them by leaving their corporations when there's a wardec, and suffer any consiquence.

Or maybe they did and you just don't want to accept that?

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Boobiq
Imperial Express
#107 - 2013-02-28 10:41:49 UTC
Death to multiboxing, see the other thread and give your votes.
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#108 - 2013-02-28 11:20:35 UTC
OP suggesting that there were periods of time where almost no one mined or every belt was always completely stripped explains a lot.

OP has never been more than 4 jumps away from Jita.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-02-28 11:46:16 UTC
You have not been "far and wide" enough, my friend.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Miningfor Tears
Doomheim
#110 - 2013-02-28 15:37:03 UTC
I've just checked hi-sec around amarr for you, all empty no reason to consider moving shop to these barren lands.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#111 - 2013-02-28 17:07:55 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
CCP did not put the NPC corps in the game so that industrialists can exploit them by leaving their corporations when there's a wardec, and suffer any consiquence.

Or maybe they did and you just don't want to accept that?

There's a differnece between being able to fall back on the NPC corps, and exploiting them to avoid wardecs.

When the default way of dealing with a war dec is to drop or leave corp, it's being exploited.

Please understand, I do not fualt you, I do not harbor any annimosity to you, I do not blame you in the least. This is ENTIRELY CCP's fault.

There has to be a REASON to stay in your corp. No one in null sec ever disbanded there corp because someone wardecced them, you lose something when you do.

I lose something if I leave the corp. Things I do not want to lose, and as a dedicated industrialist who does not PvP I would most definately undock in a hauler, with guns equipped, to shoot people trying to kick me from my home.

I truely believe that you guys in high sec need your own little sov system, built around industry.

EVE is about us, in particular the player run corporations, and the way we shape the world. High sec is the least player driven area of the game. Not having anything to call your own (the PoS's as they currently exist are not a thing that people fight for in high sec, are not accessible to a wider group, and do not provide significant advantage over the NPC stations) while being able to be "just as good" in the NPC corp has a negative impact on player run corporations in high sec.

Even in low sec, the player run corporation has a reason to stay together if there is a wardec.
Safety in numbers is not something you can just dismiss as a non factor, it is indeed a huge reason to fill a corp with active, and participating members.

How would you make joining a player run corp as a miner wortwhile?
Keep in mind that it has to be significant enough that the majority of people would WANT to join one for reasons other then other people, as well as provide a benefit that made going back to the NPC corp undesireable.

Or do you tink that ganking is a satisfactory means of industrial warfare in high sec?
I personally do not.

The OP didn't come to the forumand point out he sees miners in deccable corporations all over high sec. He pointed out that it's a bunch of guys you have to GANK. You don't gank miners in player run corporations, and miners don't join player run corporations (let alone stay in them) because they can be decced.

We all know this as a fact.
Ginger Barbarella
#112 - 2013-02-28 17:15:06 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
There was a period of about a year or may be a bit longer when the belts grew fat with very few brave enough to go mining in high sec because of the eve present threat ganking.

Stopped reading here at this bit of melodrama, not to mention obvious misinformation.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Dave stark
#113 - 2013-02-28 17:17:18 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Keep in mind that it has to be significant enough that the majority of people would WANT to join one for reasons other then other people, as well as provide a benefit that made going back to the NPC corp undesireable.

this is something that really needs looking at.
Ginger Barbarella
#114 - 2013-02-28 17:45:35 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

this is something that really needs looking at.

Guaranteed isk on level with L4's or Incursions, freedom from wardecs, and ability to game as you see fit?

Yeah, that'll happen... P

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#115 - 2013-02-28 18:58:22 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

Guaranteed isk on level with L4's or Incursions, freedom from wardecs, and ability to game as you see fit?

Yeah, that'll happen... P

That isn't required.

The OP made a valid point that people keep dismissing.

Prior to retribution there were more people mining in null, CCP made the comment that a lot of the guys that started to mine in high sec came from null, and they speculated (which is kind of a joke) that it might have something to do with the added safety gained from the ship buffs.

CCP said that the ship buffs made high sec safer, and more people are mining there then ever before.

Miners WILL assume risk when they're adiquately rewarded.

I suggest making it the ability to fly the best stuff for the proffesion. This should go for freighters as well as JF.
You're not running around low sec in a capital ship without being in a corp, you don't run around null in a super without a corp, and mission runners have been making 1 man corps for a while now just to avoid a little tax.

The highest reward for the indy pilot is the ability to move the most amount of goods as well as achieve the best yield when mining. Tie those rewards to play run corporations and people will join or form player run corporations.
Dave stark
#116 - 2013-02-28 19:40:40 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Miners WILL assume risk when they're adiquately rewarded.

quite correct.

look at the price change, over the last 12 months, of megacyte in comparison to tritanium.

trit, up about 50% from 4 isk/unit to 6 isk/unit.
megacyte from 2.6k isk/unit to 2.2k isk/unit.

there simply isn't much reward left in null sec mining, let alone enough to encourage players to move to null sec to mine.
Blacko Bellamy
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2013-02-28 19:57:14 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:

CCP I have got to ask how could you be so short sighted as to not see this coming, I mean seriously this has to be the worst form of game management I have ever seen.

what makes you think, this accidentially happened? in this forum section is a post, in which CCP Devs brag about 500k subscriptions. When was the last statement from CCP Sreegs about results of his work? ... On fanfest we will get one of these great presentations - he is really good at that - and then a few months later, when we find lots of new bots, we ask ourselves again, how this is possible, if Mr. Sreegs does all this great work?
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#118 - 2013-02-28 20:07:19 UTC
Blacko Bellamy wrote:

what makes you think, this accidentially happened? in this forum section is a post, in which CCP Devs brag about 500k subscriptions. When was the last statement from CCP Sreegs about results of his work? ... On fanfest we will get one of these great presentations - he is really good at that - and then a few months later, when we find lots of new bots, we ask ourselves again, how this is possible, if Mr. Sreegs does all this great work?

This is why CCP needs to give the number for both servers and not just lump them together.

CCP changed Chinese partners. When they hit 450k they said that they had exceeded the previous high set in China, under the old partner.

A part of the reason they have a new partner is to provide more publicity and awareness for the game. It was mentioned that Tiancity is one of the largest MMO providers in China, and reaches one of the largest markets.

The sensible conclusion here, seeing as we're taling about an almost 150k increase in subscribers sinse december, is that more people in China are getting into EVE, not that there has been a large influx on TQ.

That is not saying more people aren't playing on TQ, just that the largest influx probably isn't us, but Serenity and you're arguement is a bunch of ****.
Amber Solaire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#119 - 2013-02-28 20:59:52 UTC
To the OP: You do not say at what time of day you are looking to mine (or day of the week)

At weekends, all the weekend warriors (or miners), descend in hordes right after downtime on the HiSec ore fields
first-come, first to mine, usually Pyroxeres/Kernite, then down the list

A lot of these are new players in their shiny new Ventures, mining surprisingly quickly...
So, get to the ore right after downtime (preferably on a weekday) and you may find some ore to mine
Bashier Brutalius
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2013-02-28 21:27:45 UTC
Well I spent a bit of time and read most of this post trying to figure out the issues.

Now I have played EVE before and was in a few player corps. and part of the reason I left was at that time was the constant war decking. I left two corps. trying to find a more stable corp. Maybe the problem is not so much the mining formula is flawed, but the player corp. formula is wrong. I know that I left the game after being forced to change corps due to being unable to play cause i was a noob and then changing corps to have the same thing happen. Spending several weeks docked up due to some war I can't even get into just told me it was time to drop the game.

Right now I am in an NPC corp getting a bank roll and skills ready for low/null space mining and PVP, but until I am less of a noob the NPC corp seems to provide a way to play the game without the pain of sitting out a grudge match that you have no real understanding of and all you want to do is play.

If I am totally off the mark take it for what it is a noob on a steep learning curve opinion.