These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Petition - Full ban of multi boxing programs which duplicate clicks.

First post First post
Author
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#361 - 2013-02-28 09:11:48 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
anyways it should not be possible for one man to do 50 man's job.

Anyone who is interested in killing multiboxers/botters contact me. (Suicide gankers needed)

why not? he's contributing the same subscription fee as 50 people.
if he shouldn't be allowed to do the same as 50 people, with his 50 accounts, then there's no way he should be paying the same as 50 people's subscriptions for those 50 accounts.

You are talking about multibox program not he/she.

really? i'm talking about a multibox program, in a thread about multiboxing?
shocking.

The should remove your "likes" as you obviously exploit the game by using multibox soft.
Dave Stark
#362 - 2013-02-28 09:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Dave Stark
Boobiq wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
anyways it should not be possible for one man to do 50 man's job.

Anyone who is interested in killing multiboxers/botters contact me. (Suicide gankers needed)

why not? he's contributing the same subscription fee as 50 people.
if he shouldn't be allowed to do the same as 50 people, with his 50 accounts, then there's no way he should be paying the same as 50 people's subscriptions for those 50 accounts.

You are talking about multibox program not he/she.

really? i'm talking about a multibox program, in a thread about multiboxing?
shocking.

The should remove your "likes" as you obviously exploit the game by using multibox soft.

please explain how i "obviously exploit the game by using multibox soft"?
also, if you'd like to also reply to my original statement with a statement of yours that's relevant and makes sense that'd be great.

edit: also, remove my likes, boo hoo, how will i ever live without them.
Josef Djugashvilis
#363 - 2013-02-28 09:13:45 UTC
I do not multi-box, nor would I, far too much effort for me.

But I am curious, would an end to multi-boxing impact those players who use two monitors/two accounts to, for example, mission and salvage?

I am far too lazy to do that as well.

This is not a signature.

Dave Stark
#364 - 2013-02-28 09:14:43 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I do not multi-box, nor would I, far too much effort for me.

But I am curious, would an end to multi-boxing impact those players who use two monitors/two accounts to, for example, mission and salvage?

I am far too lazy to do that as well.

probably not in the slightest, because it's really not hard to tab between 2 clients at once.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#365 - 2013-02-28 09:15:45 UTC
From your protective behavior about multiboxing I assume u use it yourself.
Dave Stark
#366 - 2013-02-28 09:16:42 UTC
Boobiq wrote:

well, you know what they say about assuming things.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#367 - 2013-02-28 09:19:36 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

No I dont and I dont need u to freshen my memory.

As for all those which dont multibox/bot and dont like the idea - just contact me and come gank. Lets kill as many as we can. :)
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#368 - 2013-02-28 09:36:02 UTC
Boobiq wrote:

Well then, I might aswell assume that everyone that wants multiboxing banned is a botter.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Vicata Heth
Sensible People
Sigma Grindset
#369 - 2013-02-28 09:45:06 UTC
Boobiq wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

As for all those which dont multibox/bot and dont like the idea - just contact me and come gank. Lets kill as many as we can. :)

Why don't you post with your main so I can come gank you, pussy.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#370 - 2013-02-28 09:45:39 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

Well then, I might aswell assume that everyone that wants multiboxing banned is a botter.

Dont follow. As you can see I was refering multiboxing as a botting of a different kind. So both should be set against EULA.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#371 - 2013-02-28 09:47:13 UTC
Vicata Heth wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

Why don't you post with your main so I can come gank you, *****.

You forgot to do your homework mate. This is my main as you can see. And you are welcome to try.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#372 - 2013-02-28 09:47:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Mallak Azaria
Boobiq wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

Dont follow. As you can see I was refering multiboxing as a botting of a different kind. So both should be set against EULA.

There is a huge difference between the two. One is automated gameplay which is against the rules in pretty much every game out there. The other is not automated gameplay & is allowed in pretty much every game out there. This whole thread came about because a guy got banned for botting & his friends threw a hissy fit over it. Now they want people who aren't doing anything wrong to suffer aswell, when the person could have simply not botted in the first place.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#373 - 2013-02-28 09:48:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Vilnius Zar
I'm fairly sure Dave was one of the ex-bob Mackinaws I petitioned about 1-2 years ago, again and again, for botting in an ice belt and being very obvious about it.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#374 - 2013-02-28 09:49:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Boobiq
Vilnius Zar wrote:
I'm fairly sure Dave was one of the ex-bob Mackinaws I petitioned about 1-2 years ago, again and again, for botting in an ice belt and being very obvious about it.

Lawl. Keep those posts coming, lets make eve a better world.
Astri Lastri
Astra Inc
#375 - 2013-02-28 09:55:24 UTC
You cann't simply ban multiboxers, CCP stated that multiboxing is allowed when there is no automation of input, also they stated, that multiboxers should not use huge macro commands and etc.

Mining is just hit F1, F2, F3 and throw ore from cargo to container, there is no automation but this removes annoyance of doing same inputs.

Even if CCP would do so this would cause another players decreasing, even more than every patch makes. BECAUSE NOONE would continue to pay, if he cann't manage his accounts like before.

If you think that this is automation - then we should also permaban gankers, since they also automate their "job".
Ganking is nearly same as mining - you have got control char, you have got slaves, slaves should do some set of operation( okay it's just two for gankers - warp to and f1).

Also we should permaban everyone who made second pilot for self, HE is potential multiboxer! BAN!

This topic is growing, and i cann't understand why CCP didn't close it.
Boobiq
Imperial Express
#376 - 2013-02-28 09:58:06 UTC
Astri Lastri wrote:
You cann't simply ban multiboxers, CCP stated that multiboxing is allowed when there is no automation of input, also they stated, that multiboxers should not use huge macro commands and etc.

Mining is just hit F1, F2, F3 and throw ore from cargo to container, there is no automation but this removes annoyance of doing same inputs.

Even if CCP would do so this would cause another players decreasing, even more than every patch makes. BECAUSE NOONE would continue to pay, if he cann't manage his accounts like before.

If you think that this is automation - then we should also permaban gankers, since they also automate their "job".
Ganking is nearly same as mining - you have got control char, you have got slaves, slaves should do some set of operation( okay it's just two for gankers - warp to and f1).

Also we should permaban everyone who made second pilot for self, HE is potential multiboxer! BAN!

This topic is growing, and i cann't understand why CCP didn't close it.

Because it is not normal for one to control 80 accounts and CCP knows it aswell. How exactly is ganking automated tell me ? Ofc one can use multibox for ganking and I am against it aswell.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#377 - 2013-02-28 10:01:32 UTC
Boobiq wrote:
Because it is not normal for one to control 80 accounts and CCP knows it aswell. How exactly is ganking automated tell me ? Ofc one can use multibox for ganking and I am against it aswell.

It can be done with or with out software such as ISboxer because it ultimately is not automation & still requires player input. Botting can't be done with out software & is fully automated by design.

Boobiq
Imperial Express
#378 - 2013-02-28 10:17:15 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Boobiq wrote:

It can be done with or with out software such as ISboxer because it ultimately is not automation & still requires player input. Botting can't be done with out software & is fully automated by design.

Yes but after a click all other actions are multiplied. How exactly is that not automated ? It may not be fully automated but it is semi-automatic anyways.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#379 - 2013-02-28 10:22:10 UTC
Boobiq wrote:
How exactly is that not automated?

It's not automated, because it require a person to push the button. It's it was automated the process would continue, without someone stilling at the keyboard.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Boobiq
Imperial Express
#380 - 2013-02-28 10:28:21 UTC
dexington wrote:
Boobiq wrote:
How exactly is that not automated?

It's not automated, because it require a person to push the button. It's it was automated the process would continue, without someone stilling at the keyboard.

I said it is semi automated...good god... cant u read ? Multiplication is automation if you have no understanding of programming then dont post.