These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please fix ninja harvesting

Author
Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-02-21 20:05:06 UTC
good, im glad they fixed it. its easy enough to clear them with a a few rr tengus anyways.
QT McWhiskers
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#82 - 2013-02-21 21:06:21 UTC  |  Edited by: QT McWhiskers
ash veratis wrote:
QT McWhiskers wrote:
CCP May have fixed ninja harvesting. Couple of corpmates (who know how to make ninja and bounce locations) had sleepers aggro when they were ninja harvesting an instrumental. Had this happen to us today as well. Had to warp out and grab the tengus.

So if CCP has fixed it, then thats awesome. If CCP hasnt fixed ninja harvesting and sleeper aggro in ladars is broken... dont fix it.

Please excuse my corpmate, he's terrible at eve. Apparently someone thinks being at 110k's is a ninja. I suspect the cloud they were at was partially gassed out across downtime so the cloud shrunk.

Please excuse my corpmate he apparently fails at reading comprehension. "CCP may have fixed" And cant understand the different between an indefinite and definite determiner.

Clouds that shrink dont put you 110k away from the sleepers... they put you at 80ish away from the sleepers. The 110k comment was from one specific instance. However on two other occasions (where I did not make the ninja) the sleepers were definitely able to aggro us from 130+k out of range.

However I am told that today people were able to ninja the gas cloud again. Maybe it was broken in the patch yesterday and fixed in the patch today, I dont know. Can anyone else confirm this?

I would also like to see some actual testing on this. IE warping in at 200k then slowly boating in 5k at a time and seeing if they aggro. (usually take the sleepers a minute or two to aggro)
ceaser3
State War Academy
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-02-21 21:49:00 UTC
My attempt at a instrumental today.

I first warped to the bounce, then warped to the ninja at 30km, which put me off around 180km away from sleepers. I then slow boated to them, very careful, trying to get within harvesting range of the cloud while maintaining max range from the sleepers.

I found i needed to be around 139km from the sleepers to get in harvesting range. The sleepers started to lock me when I got 140km or closer to them.

This was in an instrumental in a c6, but same thing happened in c5. Looks like ccp just increased aggro range of sleepers. As such Vitals are still ninjable as the c540 gas cloud size is much larger than a c320 gas cloud.

If anyone else is willing to confirm, please speak up.

Thanks
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2013-02-22 04:19:21 UTC
I am glad that this got fixed, gives us more reward for our efforts.
Just wish they would put ninja fixes like this in patch notes.
Winthorp
#85 - 2013-02-22 04:21:48 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:
I am glad that this got fixed, gives us more reward for our efforts.
Just wish they would put ninja fixes like this in patch notes.

I'm just glad people are still happy to sell it at 59K.
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2013-02-22 04:28:10 UTC
people are actually filling your jita buy orders? or people in your hole.
Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#87 - 2013-02-28 08:47:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Casirio
Tested this again tonight with ninja style in a c5 instrumental and it has been fixed. Confirmed no ninja in c5 instrumental.

ed: I heard conflicting reports so I wanted to test to be sure.
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#88 - 2013-02-28 11:07:55 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Oh Haay Havok.

Still got that gas to sell me? :P

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2013-02-28 16:50:02 UTC
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Oh Haay Havok.

For your sexy australian self I would love to sell you my gas as long as you admit to drinking Fosters.
ash veratis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#90 - 2013-02-28 17:06:57 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Oh Haay Havok.

For your sexy australian self I would love to sell you my gas as long as you admit to drinking Fosters.

I can't even think of a pub in Melbourne that sells fosters. Not saying they don't exist, but if they do, they're rare. Carlton Draught, on the other hand, is everywhere.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#91 - 2013-02-28 17:12:18 UTC
Also glad this got fixed. Was always pissed to watch Sleepers circling idly at 101 km below me whilst I greedily sucked up the gas they were "guarding."

Though not pissed enough to not do it, obviously.

http://www.wormholes.info

Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2013-02-28 19:58:41 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Also glad this got fixed. Was always pissed to watch Sleepers circling idly at 101 km below me whilst I greedily sucked up the gas they were "guarding."

Though not pissed enough to not do it, obviously.

yeah it is a great thing they fixed it. if people want to run them they will have to clear the sleepers which means more movement and more possible targets. also it will light up PvE kills on system info if someone is huffing gas. plus, gas prices go up. win all around
Phaderift
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#93 - 2013-02-28 21:00:44 UTC
There is still a very easy way to do these, needs further fixing i guess Shocked
Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2013-02-28 22:29:05 UTC
Phaderift wrote:
There is still a very easy way to do these, needs further fixing i guess Shocked

Phade's way best way.
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2013-02-28 23:09:51 UTC
Havoc Zealot wrote:
Sith1s Spectre wrote:
Havoc Zealot wrote:

Oh Haay Havok.

Fosters, its Australian for gullible American

Havoc Zealot
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2013-03-01 00:27:23 UTC
Sith1s Spectre wrote:

Fosters, its Australian for gullible American[/quote]

Fosters is Australian for gullible American as http://s157.beta.photobucket.com/user/ROBC5Z06/media/sithsig_zps86971c83.jpg.html is to gullible Australian.

<3
Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2013-03-02 09:21:35 UTC
Devs dont read these forums, posting here will get about as much dev attention as writing it on toilet paper and flushing it down your toilet.

nerf venture
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#98 - 2013-03-02 10:18:19 UTC
I may have to try that then. Maybe they'll get my idea about hats then

Omen Nihilo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2013-03-02 14:48:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Omen Nihilo
Cool. Now I can dump my load of c320 I've been sitting on and actually get a decent price.