These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

How would YOU fit / pilot an Incursus to beat a web/scram blaster Atron?

Author
Skarp Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-02-27 16:21:20 UTC
I have a tough one for you. In my research to fit my Incursus, I came across a web/scram blaster Atron at Loadout Browser (top rated fit). The damage output is spectacular, and range is above and beyond a normal frigate. But it wants to hug me in its foul tentacles.

Here is the scenario: You fly the Incursus and it is caught within the Atron's web / scram range. You are both webbing each other, but the Atron is faster. How will you fit / pilot your incursus to get out of that predicament?

Bonus if you use the Incursus fit below as a starting point, but any solution would do - as long as you pilot an Incursus.

============
Incursus starting point (Keep in mind that the fit is made for a character with 1.7M skill points.):

[High-Slots]
125mm Railgun II (Both long- and short-range ammo in cargo)

[Mid-Slots]
1MN Afterburner II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

[Low-Slots]
Small Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

[Rigs]
Small Semi-Conductor Memory Cell I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

[Drones]
Hobgoblin I * 1

============
Your opponent's Atron:
See this fit at Loadout Browser.
monkfish2345
The Knights of Spamalot
#2 - 2013-02-27 16:42:25 UTC
As i said in the previous thread, in the situation given above your are almost certainly dead.

given the option to refit slightly. either

1) change the AB for an MWD (i'm at work so i can;t see how it impacts fitting sry) scram for distruptor. Then you will need to use a little bit of manual piloting skill to maintain range between 12 - 20km. and pick away at him from range. if he attempts to run towards as he dies, close in web and short range ammo to finish. keeping the web is ok, becasue it offers you a little protection if you make a mistake and need to slow his approach. (by overheating you can potentially stop him getting into scram range while you mwd out again.)

2) change the rails for blasters and duke it out toe to toe. Not alot to this other than be prepared to miss out if he decided to bug out as he will still be able to pull range if he gives himself enough time. your drone may be the differance in this instance, but chances are if he runs there wont be much you can do.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#3 - 2013-02-27 17:02:13 UTC

Burn away from him. If you get a web/scram on him early, it will take him some time to approach. If he has a MWD, you'll be able to control range completely. If he does close range, load Javelin ammo and try to manually pilot your way to low transversal velocity.
Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
#4 - 2013-02-27 18:45:17 UTC
Drop your point, fit a 2nd webifier. You are now able to dictate range. With only some 2300 EHP, he'll be dead before he notices what is going on and can warp out
Skarp Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-02-27 23:29:18 UTC
I appreciate all your input! Really, it has been very educational.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#6 - 2013-02-27 23:40:05 UTC
OGB's. As the pro-OGB crowd will tell you, it allows the lone pilot to even the odds against a blob - and a webscram Atron is clearly a blob.

But seriously, the Incursus is a bait tank. You can't kill anything, but they can't kill you before your mates arrive. Make sure you have mates.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2013-02-27 23:51:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Garviel Tarrant
Pull range and kill him, its generally not hard.

OH ab from the beginning against attack frigs.

Also ignore trinket

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Destru Kaneda
Arzad Police Department
#8 - 2013-02-28 08:49:54 UTC
What are you talking about? I have killed plenty in my Incursus.
Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Trigger Happy.
#9 - 2013-02-28 10:45:31 UTC
Align away and OH, his transversal will drop as he tries to keep up. Make sure to have Jav loaded.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#10 - 2013-02-28 11:41:18 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
Align away and OH, his transversal will drop as he tries to keep up. Make sure to have Jav loaded.

AM is fine, don't need jav.

Dread Operative
Lowlife.
Trigger Happy.
#11 - 2013-02-28 12:11:06 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Dread Operative wrote:

True, but he is scram range kiting, perfectly pairing with 125mm/Jav. Might as well take advantage of the tracking bonus.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#12 - 2013-02-28 14:27:39 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Dread Operative wrote:

True, but he is scram range kiting, perfectly pairing with 125mm/Jav. Might as well take advantage of the tracking bonus.

Yea i'm just saying generally there is no reason to wait the 5 seconds to switch ammo. If you just align, OH and shoot the slasher will die.. Of if that doesn't work Oh, align, shoot, then when hes following do a 180 and it should give you enough range to pound him (Can be useful in case of tracking speed scripted td's)

Machiavelli's Nemesis
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#13 - 2013-02-28 14:34:28 UTC
I used to like the incursus, then I saw an episode of full metal jousting on the military channel and I concluded that having a jousting pole randomly attached to the front of your ship makes you look like a massive bender.

So now I have navy comets, much more shapely and just as fun to fly.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#14 - 2013-02-28 23:34:34 UTC
One may adjudge the sexual puissance of one's foes by the length of their poles, I do declare. As the Coment hath no pole, verily one must cast aspersions on the virility and fecundity of any insouciant chaps who fly Comets.
God's Apples
Wilderness
lllllllllllllllll
#15 - 2013-02-28 23:53:04 UTC
I already answered your question in your other thread.

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Awesome Alliance
#16 - 2013-03-01 03:37:07 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
One may adjudge the sexual puissance of one's foes by the length of their poles, I do declare. As the Coment hath no pole, verily one must cast aspersions on the virility and fecundity of any insouciant chaps who fly Comets.

This man has seen the light.

Only truth flows from his fingertips.

Re-opening your advise column here temporarily.

Question:
If a comets tail always faces away from the sun - and I am burning away from the sun in my very large poled Hookbill - how do they keep catching me?
Iggys
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-03-07 08:13:17 UTC
2x rep incursus is way mo betta
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#18 - 2013-03-07 10:16:39 UTC
Iggys wrote:
2x rep incursus is way mo betta

So bad....

The VC's
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-03-07 11:24:42 UTC  |  Edited by: The VC's
OP, drop that ANP for an overdrive. That'll lower the speed difference to around 100ms or so. He'll have a hard time getting to a high trans orbit then. Trust your rep bonus. I you can afford it use the meta 4 web

Ed. stop what you are training now and prioritise thermodynamics, navigation and evasive manuvering. Preferably to 5, especially navigation. If you are serious about frigs they are mandatory.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#20 - 2013-03-07 11:48:21 UTC
The VC's wrote:
OP, drop that ANP for an overdrive. That'll lower the speed difference to around 100ms or so. He'll have a hard time getting to a high trans orbit then. Trust your rep bonus. I you can afford it use the meta 4 web

Ed. stop what you are training now and prioritise thermodynamics, navigation and evasive manuvering. Preferably to 5, especially navigation. If you are serious about frigs they are mandatory.

You don't need an overdrive, at all.

You can plate a rail incursus and still do fine if you just pilot it right.

you're right about the skills though, especially thermodynamics, would train to 6 if i could.

12Next page