These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Self Challenge- One Ship One Year

Author
Donnero
Arliuhtan
#21 - 2013-02-27 12:44:45 UTC
If you realy like Firefly, then fit no guns :)
Beaty Swollocks
The Circus Corp
#22 - 2013-02-27 13:56:48 UTC
Sounds like a awesome idea. Would love to do something like this (tho my bank balance isn't good enough at the moment)

I look forward to reading more on this.

Good lucky buddy !
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#23 - 2013-02-27 14:12:49 UTC
Pilgrim is my vote.

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Skunk Liontree
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-02-27 17:41:29 UTC
If it was me I would go for a cloaky Proteus. One of my corp mates regularly flys solo in wh space and has not lost one in years.

I also have fun memories of a guy camping the out gate from NS to HS in a Bhaal who survived for months before eventually moving on because he couldn't be broken. I saw many ships thrown at that Bhaal only to destroy everything in its path. The pilot was very clever about hanging out of jump range of the gate to lure his pray in. Twisted
Cute E
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-02-27 17:46:15 UTC
To go really hardcore, fly a transport ship for a year doing grey jobs. Would be something like Firefly :)
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#26 - 2013-02-27 19:29:04 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Pilgrim is my vote.

My vote too.
Jax Zaden
Prometheus Deep Core Mining
#27 - 2013-02-27 21:58:09 UTC
Noctis...all the way.
Savnire Jacitu
Undead Retirement Crypt
#28 - 2013-02-27 23:15:00 UTC
Jax Zaden wrote:
Noctis...all the way.

/thread

Ginger Barbarella
#29 - 2013-02-27 23:48:33 UTC
I was thinking Pilgrim, but that's more for my exploration jonesing... Curse maybe for the combat, but not sure about dishing out the DPS. Have a Loki rigged for quiet boosting in low (VERY low sig), but again, DPS isn't there for full-on combat. If hiding is a big part of what you want to achieve, that rules out a lot of decent ships...

The Loki has worked well for me in FW war zones to boost a couple alts, and also for exploration and hiding when necessary (full Jackal set in the toon's head). Never been scanned down once yet.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Lorcan Orphrey
Abthane Laboratories
#30 - 2013-02-28 11:55:18 UTC
Shuttle.
Aeril Malkyre
Knights of the Ouroboros
#31 - 2013-02-28 15:19:43 UTC
Savnire Jacitu wrote:
Jax Zaden wrote:
Noctis...all the way.

/thread

[Noctis, no one expects the nocturnal inquisition]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
400mm Reinforced Steel Plates II

1MN Microwarpdrive II
Remote Sensor Dampener II, Targeting Range Dampening Script

Salvager II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Drone Link Augmentor II
Auto Targeting System II
Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Warrior II x5

Princess Nexxala
Zero Syndicate
#32 - 2013-02-28 15:21:27 UTC
If your bored with Eve, try this wondrous thing called PvP. It's really the best part of the game.

nom nom

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#33 - 2013-03-01 03:48:46 UTC
Lost Greybeard wrote:
My mission BS is a couple years old now, iirc, I don't even insure it anymore.

(Albeit I SHOULD insure it, I'm just dumb.)

If you ensure a high sec mission-running ship, you are doing something very wrong.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Bullitbait
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-03-02 03:29:44 UTC
Savnire Jacitu wrote:
So I've been bored with my life in high sec/low sec and I want to give myself a challenge. After watching Firefly for the millionth time I found myself thinking, it would be fun to just stick to one ship and treat it like it was my only ship that I had.

As the title states, I want to use a ship for as long as possible, in this case I'm shooting for a year long adventure into low sec/ null/ worm space. But before I do this I want to choose the right ship for the challange. It will need to be something that can handle a fight/stay hidden for long stretches of time and dodge the enevitable blobs. Also add on the fact that I want it to be fun to fly.

Any ideas on what would be a good choice? I was leaning towards ther proteus but wasn't sure if it was the best opition I had. Money is not really a concern, but lets keep it under 2 bill ish.

Once I decide on the ship, I'm going to make sure I have near perfect/perfect skills for flying it and then I'll be off. I might start up a blog to regain my stories if it looks like I'll last longer than a month haha. To make things interesting I'll probaly make sure to engage in a pvp battle atleast once a week, just so I'm not always running. Don't want this to be too easy.

Lol, if you plan to make a single ship last a year, think Deep Space Nine - as you'll always be in station.
Previous page12