These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

All-In-One Exploration Ships

Author
Dante Uisen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-02-27 10:22:49 UTC
Ana Fox wrote:
[quote=Dante Uisen]Downtime dont have any with DED site respawn.Easy way to prove that ,if you find DED site before DT ,make bm and after DT it will be there.

What is meant was that new signatures spawn in the period between downtimes, during uptime, not that they spawn as a result of the downtime.
Ana Fox
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-02-27 10:27:02 UTC
poppeteer wrote:
Why bother at all?

As of today, a HIGH SEC radar had THREE battleships in it.

:whatever: :ccp: (bai moar plex)

Edit: Warped my vexor out at half armour with 4/4 npc stil standing (15.5m + gunnery sp, 16m ship sp, 7.5m drone sp).

Edit2: The last NULL SEC radar I completed had ~6 battlecruisers + 16 frigs + 4 towers. MUCH easier.

It is not from today ,it is that way from long time ago.Few Gurista mag and radar sites have BS hulls in high sec.there is nothing new about it.
poppeteer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-02-27 10:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: poppeteer
Ana Fox wrote:
poppeteer wrote:
Why bother at all?

As of today, a HIGH SEC radar had THREE battleships in it.

:whatever: :ccp: (bai moar plex)

Edit: Warped my vexor out at half armour with 4/4 npc stil standing (15.5m + gunnery sp, 16m ship sp, 7.5m drone sp).

Edit2: The last NULL SEC radar I completed had ~6 battlecruisers + 16 frigs + 4 towers. MUCH easier.

It is not from today ,it is that way from long time ago.Few Gurista mag and radar sites have BS hulls in high sec.there is nothing new about it.

OK. Been doing highsec radars for the last 15 months*. but ok.

Edit: * without seeing a single battle ship

Edit2: Over (primarily) caldari space but also including gallente and amarr ...
Ana Fox
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-02-27 10:39:14 UTC
Dante Uisen wrote:
Ana Fox wrote:
[quote=Dante Uisen]Downtime dont have any with DED site respawn.Easy way to prove that ,if you find DED site before DT ,make bm and after DT it will be there.

What is meant was that new signatures spawn in the period between downtimes, during uptime, not that they spawn as a result of the downtime.

No ,as soon you finish DED site new one spawns,it can even spawn in same system (I had that once ).What I do is ,when I finish all signals that I was interested in I always do one more whole system scan.Even more if I am in Caldari space.It was not only one time ,that I noticed new signal that was in signal range of my interest.When ever you find DED site that you finish ,check near by systems asap,even go back from where you came if you must.

It can be big advantage when you clear site ,cause if you find it in system near you again ,there is really high chance you will clearing that one too.

Also about respawns, some player out of their luck will find site in some system that is not so often visited by explorers.Those players often cause of their inexperiance of good knows why ,start to salvage those sites,or clearing whole last room for now reason ,and by that they are staling new respawn.Usually you will see that ,when you warp in DED and you see guy in second to last room like 100 k out of acceleration gate goofing around and giving you free run to last npc.

For radars is even worse,you will find site with some crap in can that no one wants,that site will not respawn until you loot it all.What is usually do is grab all things and jetison that crap so it can respawn again.Long story short ,there is planty of sites but players dont want to loot things that are not giving them isk,so it is sometime about us.

Also some player for most in DED 3/10 dont know that structure holds loot,so you warp in and see wrecks ,you hit dscan and see Tengu and you warp away.Sadly that Tengu was mission runner and site is not looted still.Point is always check site ,maybe some newbie player didnt finish it and let it respawn.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#25 - 2013-02-27 10:42:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Tauranon
Dark Reignz wrote:
St Mio wrote:
It isn't limited to respawning in the exact same region, but it's definitely the same site respawning,

Prove the latter please. There's nothing to say that GSO doesnt and cannot respawn as a radar and vise versa for the other types.
I'am actually starting to beleive, there is not set amount of any site and never was and when they do respawn that they spawn as a random type too.

Ahh no - because those who don't have a myopic focus on gurista ded 4s in some tiny area of contiguous highsec can detect the sweeping action that results from the spawning system combined with frequent exploration consumption.

This is even detectable with the dens (the relatively popular anomolies), which I once decided to prove to my satisfaction that the ded 5 escalation exists (it does), therefore I needed a big supply of dens because its a small chance to spawn. The whole idea that I would setup an insta locking 850 dps ishtar to do dens could only mean that I had a realistic expectation of finding 15 dens per system *somewhere*, which meant I needed only 2 sessions to clear the 70+ dens that were required for me to personally roll the escalation.

Similar things apply to other popular sigs, though caldari highsec space is renowned for not having many sig hidey holes.

There is no real reason to believe type exchanges occur, otherwise I wouldn't be able to find quality sigs, just drone sigs and mags.
Dante Uisen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-02-27 10:55:53 UTC
Ana Fox wrote:
No ,as soon you finish DED site new one spawns,it can even spawn in same system (I had that once ).What I do is ,when I finish all signals that I was interested in I always do one more whole system scan.Even more if I am in Caldari space.It was not only one time ,that I noticed new signal that was in signal range of my interest.When ever you find DED site that you finish ,check near by systems asap,even go back from where you came if you must.

Sounds like you know what you are doing...
Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#27 - 2013-02-27 13:23:33 UTC
well, depends a lot on what you want to do with your ship:
- for high-sec explo, tengu works great - it fits all you need easily; in high-sec you don't have much reason to do radar/mag sites anway, all you need is decent speed, good dps and good scanning bonuses; problem with non t3s is that you lack scanning bonuses, but ofc if you use scanning alt, it doesn't matter much
- things get tricky for low-sec or 0.0:
- basically if you want to probe-launcher, (cov-ops) cloak, prop-module, salvager, analyser and codebreaker on a ship along with enough tank to tank all combat sites (in low sec) and enough dps to complete such sites (true 'all in one exploration ship'):
-> you can use gila or ishtar and rely on drones for damage (not all that great since new AI) and as long as you tank against rat-specific damage and avoid sites with (lot of) webs and neuts, you will come close to 'all-in-one', but...
- tank on these ships is not that great, drones are pain and you will lack scanning bonuses
-> alternative is t3; i have good experiences with tengu and 0 experience with others, so:
- all in one tengu can fit criteria above, but your site completion time won't be great, you will rely on rat-specific hardeners for tank and if you want cov-ops cloak, your dps will suck; personally I recommend dropping salvager and analyser and focusing on radar + combat sites; don't bother with cov-ops cloak and don't bother with faction modules - it will hurt less when you tengu pops :) of course, most people will tell you to get extra account for scanning with cov-ops or even better with another ship that can scan and deal damage
poppeteer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2013-02-27 13:30:33 UTC
Karig'Ano Keikira wrote:
- for high-sec explo, tengu works great - it fits all you need easily; in high-sec you don't have much reason to do radar/mag sites anway, all you need is decent speed, good dps and good scanning bonuses; problem with non t3s is that you lack scanning bonuses, but ofc if you use scanning alt, it doesn't matter much

Sorry, but no. I've made 40m+ isk from one high sec radar site - a nice 10 minute total exercise. Before inferno at least. I still get up to 20m hauls.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-02-27 13:39:07 UTC
poppeteer wrote:
Karig'Ano Keikira wrote:

Sorry, but no. I've made 40m+ isk from one high sec radar site - a nice 10 minute total exercise. Before inferno at least. I still get up to 20m hauls.

I have to agree, radar site are worth going. Normally they will give around 10M, but you can get luck and get 20M or more. Even if you have a hard time fitting the code breaker, you can always keep it in the cargo hold and fit it when you need it.

Mag/Grav/Ladar are the only sites not worth doing.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#30 - 2013-02-27 18:44:13 UTC
Tengu Is great for exploration. In LS\null you probably want to fit a covert ops sub and then dock and switch it out before you actually run anything as the DPS is pretty weak with the co-ops sub. Otherwise the Gila is great, it can field 5 sentries and with the mwd+cloak trick you can get through most LS gate camps. I used a Gila for a long time in LS and it has not yet been forcefully removed from my possession. I did switch to a tengu though after about a year.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#31 - 2013-02-27 21:29:57 UTC
Cage Man wrote:
Tengu Is great for exploration. In LS\null you probably want to fit a covert ops sub and then dock and switch it out before you actually run anything as the DPS is pretty weak with the co-ops sub. Otherwise the Gila is great, it can field 5 sentries and with the mwd+cloak trick you can get through most LS gate camps. I used a Gila for a long time in LS and it has not yet been forcefully removed from my possession. I did switch to a tengu though after about a year.

I did this all the time, switching from a covops cloak + probe setup to 5 or 6 HML + t2 cloak setup once I found a site. Cargo was always an issue (carrying that extra cloak and subs). Then yesterday I realized that you can theoretically fit cargo expanders while probing without losing anything. I felt kind of dumb.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Lilan Kahn
The Littlest Hobos
The Whale Hunters Association
#32 - 2013-02-27 22:25:39 UTC
no no DEDS only spawn at downtime!

dont go spreading such slander as i like my complexing at night just fine with out all the kids out looking
St Mio
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-02-28 06:40:17 UTC
You guys should all feel bad for hijacking the OP's post :(
CzechingGeeta
What3ver
#34 - 2013-02-28 13:08:56 UTC
I'll run around with this from time to time in high-sec. Seems to do the job.

[Vengeance, scanner]
Damage Control II
Dark Blood Adaptive Nano Plating
Overdrive Injector System II
Small Armor Repairer II

Analyzer II
Codebreaker II
1MN Afterburner I

Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe I
Salvager II
Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Somnorific
Ways and Means Commission
#35 - 2013-02-28 20:23:02 UTC
I ALWAYS leave mechanical parts and such in the cans of radar sites, too heavy for my cargo.
I thought the trigger was if the can was opened rather than if it was fully looted for a new site to spawn?
Previous page12