These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well the mining community in high sec has come full circle.

Author
Whitehound
#81 - 2013-02-26 21:08:08 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
NPC corps have everything to do with what the OP is experiencing.

The OP would have never made this thread if he had seen a bunch of miners in player run corps, because the only people you have to gank are NPC corp members...

How can you possibly know why and why not the OP created his thread?

Actually reading the OP is a good indication.

Please, go on. I would not mind reading another rant.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Tom Gerard
Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
#82 - 2013-02-26 21:13:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Tom Gerard
Owain GIyndwr wrote:

this has to be the worst form of game management I have ever seen.

Monaclegate, so HTFU.

CCP has come a long way in a short time, stop trying to make every damn issue sound like the end of the world.

Now with 100% less Troll.

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#83 - 2013-02-26 21:16:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Tardbar
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
If miners in high sec were required to play in a player run corp to access the best ships for the best mining in high sec, they'd be better prepared and more willing to enter other areas of the game to mine.

So what? I'll start a one man corp.

If I get wardec'd, I get a nice warning and I stay docked until I can leave the corp and create a new one.

I'll keep doing this until the wardecer realizes he could have spent the war fees on just buying a gank ship and just take me out that way.

Seriously NPC corps are just as safe as one man corps. Both can avoid wardecs.

Both are equally nice targets for ganking.

And ganking gives little or no warning on when a good time to be docked is.

[edit]

When I said "I" I mean in theory as I do not mine, but if I did mine it would be in an NPC corp or a one man corp. I don't trust people not to awox me.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2013-02-27 03:48:30 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
A few years ago to combat the macro mining and RMT epidemic in Eve CCP reduced the amount that asteroids re-spawned after down time resulting in macro miners completely draining the high sec belts until finally there was nothing but specks of asteroids re-spawning after each down time which then got quickly sucked up by the macros shortly. Then Ganking came into the game in a big way and reduced the numbers of miners and macros until finally Hulkaggendon arrived which then made mining almost a none event except a few brave soles like my self mining in very out of the way places, about this time or not long after, CCP made a stand against RMT and got rid of many macro mining accounts.

There was a period of about a year or may be a bit longer when the belts grew fat with very few brave enough to go mining in high sec because of the eve present threat ganking. The markets shot up as the cost of loot reached new all time highs as players used refined loot to make ships instead of mined minerals. What was CCP’s answer to this they cut the amount of loot being gathered from missions and rats in general. CCP actively tried to force players to go mining again. But it did not work……..

Fast forward to recent times. CCP have given the whole mining ship situation a buff. We all know of the many changes made which has very much improved the mining situation in high sec, making it harder to gank many mining ships. BUT! Where are we today, well I will tell you…….

Hordes of macro miners roaming about the belts freely sucking away at the newly re-spawned tiny specks of asteroids currently in the belts of high sec. Yes folks we have come FULL CIRCLE.

CCP I have got to ask how could you be so short sighted as to not see this coming, I mean seriously this has to be the worst form of game management I have ever seen.

I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.

I fully expect the flamers to bark that there are many fat belts around the place or that I should go mining in low sec or null but that’s not how I wish to play. I really have been far and wile and there is nothing worthy out there to mine in high security space.

Is this game over for the many players who simply wish to log on and spend a few quiet hours making isk. CCP are you going to scrifice these players for the sake of macro miners AGAIN?!

IF this is not a troll, that sucks. I have not been to h i sec for a very long time, but if new folks can't find something to mine, there's a problem that needs addressed. But have heart, CCP will not let their new players suffer long, and by proxy you will benefit too.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#85 - 2013-02-27 06:56:58 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
If miners in high sec were required to play in a player run corp to access the best ships for the best mining in high sec, they'd be better prepared and more willing to enter other areas of the game to mine.

LOL.

If membership of a player-run corp was required in order to undock in an exhumer, we'd just have many more single player corporations with alts set up to assist with war-dodging. Then you'd be here on the forums complaining that war dodging is too easy, insisting that players be forced to fight when wardecced. Then you'd be complaining that these folks you wardecced only ever undock when they outnumber you 3:1.

You are the risk faced by miners. You impose your will by suicide ganking their ships. No sensible miner will mine during a wardec: they will turtle up and play a different game, or they will log on one of their other characters in a different corp and continue mining.

When it comes to suicide ganking, the miner gets no warning and it doesn't matter whether they're in an NPC corp or player corp.

Of course it's likely that you want to wardec the miners because you're frightened of losing your ship to CONCORD and suffering the sec status loss which means you'll have to rat for a day or two to get your sec status back. I feel for you and your lack of consequence free aggression.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#86 - 2013-02-27 07:09:49 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.

Is this game over for the many players who simply wish to log on and spend a few quiet hours making isk. CCP are you going to scrifice these players for the sake of macro miners AGAIN?!

As a miner myself, let me assure you that the three major reasons for the emptiness of most belts are the introduction of the Orca back in Quantum Rise, the recent buffs to mining barges and the number of new players choosing mining as a profession. The introduction of the Orca immediately boosted the harvesting efficiency of all mining fleets larger than one ship. The foolish design decisions represented by the Mackinaw mean that even single ship mining fleets can be very efficient at stripping belts. The introduction of new players (or at least, new accounts) increased the number of mining fleets. As a result, there is far more ore being sucked out of belts and thus the belts disappear faster.

Another option for the lazy miner is to run missions. Look for missions that have large collections of rocks, and go mine those rocks.
Merovee
Gorthaur Legion
Imperium Mordor
#87 - 2013-02-27 07:27:15 UTC
Funny, I have two belts I mine in a high sec system just outside the door of my station, just me. Sure the small money rocks are picked over but when go out with my two hulks its just me in the belt for two hours. Secret? I'm in the boonies where the roids are large and plentiful. Why do I mine? Too cheap to buy the minerals to build my Capital Parts. Sure Its dangerous to be near a low sec systems but less so near the herds. Lol

Empire, the next new world order.

dark heartt
#88 - 2013-02-27 07:40:52 UTC
I mine in a highsec island surrounded by lowsec systems. I am the only miner here... company is welcome!
Dave Stark
#89 - 2013-02-27 07:42:58 UTC
dark heartt wrote:
I mine in a highsec island surrounded by lowsec systems. I am the only miner here... company is welcome!

i shall join you, in my catalyst.
Dave Stark
#90 - 2013-02-27 07:46:55 UTC
it's also what, over 20 hours past downtime now?
my favourite mining belt in the forge region, completely untouched. even by me.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#91 - 2013-02-27 12:18:26 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

If I get wardec'd, I get a nice warning and I stay docked until I can leave the corp and create a new one.

I'll keep doing this until the wardecer realizes he could have spent the war fees on just buying a gank ship and just take me out that way.

[edit]

When I said "I" I mean in theory as I do not mine, but if I did mine it would be in an NPC corp or a one man corp. I don't trust people not to awox me.

A wise precaution, considering the source. Big smileBig smileBig smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Kha'Vorn
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2013-02-27 12:28:01 UTC
There are some fecking huge rocks in systems that are out of the way. Travel a bit, look around. Its good for the soul.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#93 - 2013-02-27 13:14:48 UTC
i lol'd heartily when OP claimed hulkageddon made mining virtually a none existing event
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#94 - 2013-02-27 13:30:42 UTC
I really like how pretty much every “fact” presented in the OP is almost exactly the opposite of what actually happened.
silens vesica wrote:
Felicity Love wrote:
I ask you where is the drama and scandal these days, to sooth my aching bones, before the booze kicks in ? We need more drama and scandal... and meatballs of questionable origin. Blink
Been shopping Swedish, have you?
Fun fact: in Sweden, salted and smoked horse is sold as Hamburger meat (capital H, as in the city).
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#95 - 2013-02-27 13:35:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
silens vesica wrote:
Been shopping Swedish, have you?

Naw man.. the beef on my table and BBQ comes from the farm across the road... which is to say big corporations, with dubious ethics and shoddy production standards, are not required.

To all my friends in the Eurozone... Bon Appetite, and may the spirit of "Old Dobbie" be with you. Shocked

And just to stay even vaguely On Topic... I've alway thought that Plag asteroids looked like meatballs. Muah. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2013-02-27 14:03:07 UTC
But... Didn't you guys whine, ***** and moan to CCP to get barges 'fixed'? Wow, I'm so confused now...
Dave Stark
#97 - 2013-02-27 19:08:04 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
But... Didn't you guys whine, ***** and moan to CCP to get barges 'fixed'? Wow, I'm so confused now...

does it matter if they did?
barges weren't fixed. they were changed, but not fixed.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-02-27 20:05:38 UTC
I haven't noticed any macros and the belts are rather well supplied.

You should probably try looking at least 5 systems away from a major trade hub and at least 10 systems away from Jita, maybe more now that it's getting backed up.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

dark heartt
#99 - 2013-02-28 07:05:54 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
dark heartt wrote:

i shall join you, in my catalyst.

You'll have to deal with the rest of the corp living here haha. That and I do tank my ships. Otherwise I shall welcome you with open arms!
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-02-28 07:45:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Natsett Amuinn
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

[edit]

A one man corp is better then an NPC one.

You don't have to GANK a guy in a one man corp. one man corps can be wardecced like a 1000 man one.

There is safety in numbers. If people aren't smart enough to figure this out then then that's on them.

Edit: wtf is with all the "one man corp" responses I got? You guys act like I don't play the ******* game.
Player run corps, regardless of size, are better then not having people in player run corps.

It is CCP's INTENT that you either join or form a corp, not live in the NPC ones.
They've only said this numerous times in the 7 years I've been here.

But many of you just keep ignoring this fact.