These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

GTC of CCP Atari problems

Author
Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-02-10 08:36:53 UTC
so.

someone has access to a bunch of atari boxes which they know are worthless.

They sell em too you dirt cheap, and you think you really got one over on the guy.

temporarily....

Yup, sounds like EvE working-as-intended to me

Blink

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
MoreThanFaster
Dark Research Project
#22 - 2013-02-25 20:58:18 UTC
I've buy retail boxes in 2011 and last in March 2012 so 9 month before Atari bankrupt.
I provide to CCP all the invoices in order to show legal purchase.

Atari respond me that this is a CCP competence problem.

Now, as suggested by CCP, i try to have a reinboursement from my seller.

I've also speack with a lawyer of a Consumers' Association and he told me that there is the possibility to have my GTC back.
Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-02-25 21:12:03 UTC
Since you bought these before Atari went bankrupt, you should be able to use them, unless they have expiration dates like food.
Mire Stoude
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2013-02-25 21:34:08 UTC
It sounds like you are S.O.L.

You bought numerous copies of a game that, as a benefit, gave you game time cards. These game times cards represented a debt from Atari, a promise that they would pay for a months of game time upon redemption. That promise is null now that Atari filed for bankruptcy.

It's a bad deal for you and I feel your pain, but there are risks with any long term investment.
Agent Eunoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-02-25 23:21:11 UTC
MoreThanFaster wrote:
I've buy retail boxes in 2011 and last in March 2012 so 9 month before Atari bankrupt.
I provide to CCP all the invoices in order to show legal purchase.

Atari respond me that this is a CCP competence problem.

Now, as suggested by CCP, i try to have a reinboursement from my seller.

I've also speack with a lawyer of a Consumers' Association and he told me that there is the possibility to have my GTC back.

You bought these almost a year ago and are only now trying to redeem them? Why the wait?

Cinematic HD EVE Movies: http://www.youtube.com/user/EveEunoli/

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2013-02-25 23:23:29 UTC
I too, rush out to buy products from companies that are publically falling apart.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-02-25 23:27:59 UTC
Why didn't you covert them all up to plex when you got them? That's the real question here.

I lied :o

MoreThanFaster
Dark Research Project
#28 - 2013-02-26 14:16:12 UTC  |  Edited by: MoreThanFaster
Drew Solaert wrote:
Why didn't you covert them all up to plex when you got them? That's the real question here.

I use GTC since 2010 for my 5 pg, i open a box when i need game time, simple. GTC have not an expiry date, i work in factory, i arrive at home to relax with my favorite game and stop. For me it's impossible to know about Atari problems, i'm not a businnes man, for me GTC it's like a credit card, until Eve lives, my credit is active. If i buy a Gucci bag in a plaza for 50 euro i know that is not a real Gucci, but here is a CCP original product how i can know all risks?
If i knew something about Atari troubles before...too late.

Now i'm waiting some news from my seller as suggested by CCP. As explained by my lawyer, i have a real right of compensation against Atari first, after against CCP if Atari is unable to refund.

I hope to not arrive here, it's a game, must be a relax for me, life is already too complicated...
Primary Me
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-02-26 15:26:20 UTC
It sounds like Atari had Margin Trading all trained up.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-02-26 16:53:15 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Atari bought those things from CCP so all your money would be going to Atari. It sucks balls but theres not much you can do hereStraight

Well the issue is not the fact Atari brought them from CCP, but usual commercial arrangements and probably CCP never got payed for that amount of items, therefore they have no reason to offer in game time or credit for those 62 GTCs they haven't been payed for.
If CCP really had that money that means those GTC code numbers would be valid and therefore due to final client.

Op, I'm sorry for you and hope CCP will at some point and with in their possibilities, do something so you don't loose all the amount. However if they don't, you have to understand their position.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Palovana
Inner Fire Inc.
#31 - 2013-02-26 19:16:52 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
"On January 21, 2013 Atari SA's U.S. subsidiaries Atari Inc.; Atari Interactive, Inc; California U.S. Holdings, Inc.; and Humongous, Inc. voluntarily filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection"

I doubt Atari is going to honor their debts since they filed for protection against you crazy creditors! Soz!

This is what is known as an economy. Follow me here.......Atari gave money to CCP to sell GTC. You gave Atari money to buy those GTC. And now, you're left holding the bag. Everyone that matters got their money except you because you're a consumer and don't really matter. See how an economy works?

The REAL Atari was gone long, long before this.

The "Atari" referenced here is much like the "Schwinn" you might know today, basically a well-known name applied to a series of cheap Wal-Mart bicycles, long after the REAL Schwinn bit the dust.
Caldari Citizen 20120308
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-02-26 19:30:07 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
"On January 21, 2013 Atari SA's U.S. subsidiaries Atari Inc.; Atari Interactive, Inc; California U.S. Holdings, Inc.; and Humongous, Inc. voluntarily filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection"

I doubt Atari is going to honor their debts since they filed for protection against you crazy creditors! Soz!

This is what is known as an economy. Follow me here.......Atari gave money to CCP to sell GTC. You gave Atari money to buy those GTC. And now, you're left holding the bag. Everyone that matters got their money except you because you're a consumer and don't really matter. See how an economy works?

lulz

I think Atari, US. wanted to be free from the failing, then parent French company, Atari, S.A. in a move that would free up assets and allow the company to move forward.

Atari, S.A. owed around 27 million (U.S.) to BlueBay Holdings.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#33 - 2013-02-26 19:47:17 UTC
A legitimately acquired GTC should be honored, period.

Not sure why CCP is going this route. It makes no sense. They've been paid for it. And even if they weren't, it's goodwill that goes further than the uncaring corporate bat.

They just went through much the same thing with the last tournament and are still wiping the **** off their reputation. You'd think that in this information age companies would spend a little time thinking before they do something they can't take back.

Mr Epeen Cool
Totalrx
NA No Assholes
#34 - 2013-02-26 19:49:03 UTC
CCP really should take the high road on this one and honor the GTC's.

The boxed version was sold via a partnership between CCP and Atari starting in 2008. LINKY

Even though Atari is bankrupt, CCP should realize that this consumer was paying for their time via an authorized outlet that was established in 2008. CCP should either honor those GTC's or subsidize the user's account with the equivalent gametime once each valid GTC number has been provided.

In this case, CCP should take the stance of being dedicated to their player base. It's good PR and also "the right thing to do".
Jensaro Koraka
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-02-26 19:52:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Jensaro Koraka
MoreThanFaster wrote:
Hi,
i have a very big problem here, in 2012 I've buy a lot of Eve Online Retail box with a GTC inside i use to pay my 5 accounts.
Last week i try to use one, not working and other 3-4 same.

CCP tell me that Atari is now down, bankrupt and my 62 code here are disabled.
CCP tell me that it can do nothing, so i've loose a very big quantity of money.

I think to have buy not an Atari GTC but a Eve Online GTC and in the retail box there is Atari name bur CCP name also.

Someone have a similar esperience in order to help me?

Thanks.

Why would you buy a year worth of codes at once anyway? How did you even do that? I haven't seen an Eve box in a store in many years.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -H.L. Mencken

Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-02-27 03:55:03 UTC
Jensaro Koraka wrote:
MoreThanFaster wrote:
Hi,
i have a very big problem here, in 2012 I've buy a lot of Eve Online Retail box with a GTC inside i use to pay my 5 accounts.
Last week i try to use one, not working and other 3-4 same.

CCP tell me that Atari is now down, bankrupt and my 62 code here are disabled.
CCP tell me that it can do nothing, so i've loose a very big quantity of money.

I think to have buy not an Atari GTC but a Eve Online GTC and in the retail box there is Atari name bur CCP name also.

Someone have a similar esperience in order to help me?

Thanks.

Why would you buy a year worth of codes at once anyway? How did you even do that? I haven't seen an Eve box in a store in many years.

They probably fell off the back of a truckload of boxes earmarked for destruction. I used to see lots of things shipped off to be destroyed because of licensing reasons, etc. These atari boxes could've been printed up ahead of time, never distributed because they never paid CCP for them. Someone snagged em, and possibly sold em to this guy. viola.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#37 - 2013-02-27 13:42:53 UTC
Shady! Thanks for warning us, so we don't waist any more money on GTC. If you buy worthless GTC from one company there's no reason to believe the same thing wont happen from any other company. Anyone who buys GTC after this deserves to get screwed.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

MoreThanFaster
Dark Research Project
#38 - 2013-03-05 10:18:07 UTC
Finally a solution: my dealer will reimboure me.

The problem: CCP had asked me to send a picture for each code. I do this, i've open every retail box and now my dealer wants a confirmation from CCP that the codes were not used (why ask me to send him the codes if they do not reimburse?).

I'm looking for that answer by CCP for a week, i reminder but no one answers...this is wery stressful.
Ai Shun
#39 - 2013-03-05 10:26:58 UTC
Random curiosity ... how many of these GTC are we talking about? Like 20, 50, 5000?
MoreThanFaster
Dark Research Project
#40 - 2013-03-05 11:03:04 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
Random curiosity ... how many of these GTC are we talking about? Like 20, 50, 5000?

62-64 all with regular receipt, some friend vith 2-5-10
Previous page123Next page