These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well the mining community in high sec has come full circle.

Author
Whitehound
#61 - 2013-02-26 18:23:22 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
I disagree.

CCP told us that there are more people mining then ever in high sec, and it's becuase mining is safer in high sec now. I can see it for myself as I fly around high sec, the OP is indeed correct about belts being stripped clean faster then ever. It's more widespread then just "not mining 10 jumps out"

And in my experience "more then 10 jumps out" tends to put you into low sec.
I mine the lower sec status belts in high sec, they're being stripped clean just like the .9 and .8 systems.

This isn't 6 years ago when it was just a simple matter of finding a place that doesn't have a lot of activity.

It's not that they're stripping clean belts, they're stripping entire systems clean in no time.

The fix isn't to make it mroe dangerous to mine in high sec.
They need to give miners a reason to either form corporations or join them for the purpose of mining.

I would go so far as to require miners to be in a player run corporation in order to fly an exhumer or use T2 strips, and MLU's. They can say that CONCORD is requiring all capsuleer miners to register with a corporation, that is not NPC corps; for the purpose of lsensing, and economic reasons.

You may disagree, but I go mining myself, I have friends who do and I buy minerals from miners all around. Even if there was a shortage can one always go mining in a mission. There is no shortage here.

Besides, what would you want to do? Spawn more asteroids in high-sec so all of EVE can go mining?? Lol This makes no sense to me.

You either didn't read a single thing I wrote, or you mixed up who you quoted.

Never once did I say a thing about spawning more asteroids, or that there was any kind of a shortage.
Your response has nothing to do with anything I wrote.

350K+ people play on TQ today. Every single person can start mining in high sec for all I care, as long as the majority of them are doing it in a player run corp.

You do not see belts full of miners from player run corps in high sec. Anyone that says you do is a liar.

Sure I read your comment. You replied to me, remember? And I only replied to the OP. I was telling you that there is no shortage. You can make up theories in your head all day, but right now are the belts in the system I am in all full. Stop making stuff up. One only needs to go around and search. Just stop mining in The Forge and Lonetrek, that is good start.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-02-26 18:24:22 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
I mine as well in high sec, often.

Shocked and now i've seen it all .......

And I do it from an NPC corp.

Let you in on a little secret.
I"m not the only one.

You can't just undock in null sec and start mining, and sinse I don't sell the minerals there's no real reason for me to mine in null.

I exploit the NPC corps like everyone else. That's why I know they're being exploited.

I didn't play in null for 7 years. Where do you think I have?
Dave Stark
#63 - 2013-02-26 18:24:50 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Just stop mining in The Forge

confirming i have no issues mining in the forge, at almost any time of day.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#64 - 2013-02-26 18:30:08 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Whitehound wrote:

Such a wretched place.
Whitehound
#65 - 2013-02-26 18:40:02 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Whitehound wrote:

Not saying you cannot go mining in The Forge. I just find it more difficult there than in other regions to find belts with big asteroids in them. The system "Reisen" is one of the few good systems in The Forge that I know of, because it has got only a single station of a non-Caldari corporation there (CreoDron, Gallente) and does not get visited too often.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#66 - 2013-02-26 18:41:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Skeln Thargensen
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
You not keeping up with what the things CCP talks about is wholey your problem and no one elses.

CCP has never said that NPC corps are for solo and casual players.
Exhumers, Orcas, freighters, and jump freighters are all advanced ships that are not for "noobs", as you said.
PoS's are not just for invention, research, and copying, as you said.

You were wrong about all three of those points, and insisting othwise only means you're not being honest.

and yet you can fly a freighter in under 30 days and an mackinaw after 50. and trying to argue that these should be corporate assets doesn't change the fact that they are not. the only restrictions are on trial accounts, not on NPC corp members.

and you certainly can do other things with a POS but you're pretty much wasting your time if in high sec if you're not leveraging your research advantage for the risk you're taking. what with all the free slots at NPC corp stations etc.

and whatever CCP say you can obviously play this way for as long as you like as a casual and solo player. all that happens is you get screeched at on forums by people.

forums.  serious business.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#67 - 2013-02-26 18:51:28 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
I exploit the NPC corps like everyone else. That's why I know they're being exploited.

people with lesser moral flexibility than your good self might call this 'hypocrisy'

Dave Stark
#68 - 2013-02-26 18:55:30 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

people with lesser moral flexibility than your good self might call this 'hypocrisy'

the rest of us call it sensible.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#69 - 2013-02-26 19:00:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Skeln Thargensen
Dave Stark wrote:

I'd imagine quite a lot of nullsec dwellers have highsec NPC corp alts. it indeed makes sense.

just not sure why you'd rant at other people on teh interwebs for doing the same thing Roll

Dave Stark
#70 - 2013-02-26 19:06:16 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I'd imagine quite a lot of nullsec dwellers have highsec NPC corp alts. it indeed makes sense.

just not sure why you'd rant at other people on teh interwebs for doing the same thing Roll

i haven't been?
although i still agree that player corps need to be able to offer miners something to compete with wardec immunity. currently, they can't.
Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#71 - 2013-02-26 19:07:09 UTC
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I'm not complaining about anyone doing anything.

I'm pointing out a problem and asking that it be corrected so that no one can take advantage of it. It's an imbalance that is long over due to be addressed.

I didn't even suggest anything that only effected high sec miners. What do you think would happen if you had to be in a player run corp to operate a freighter or jump freighter in high sec?

I'm not saying "stop" doing it, I"m saying CCP needs stop "letting us" do it.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#72 - 2013-02-26 19:10:57 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

If you need to be in a player run corp in order to fly an exhumer, oras, use T2 strips and MLU's, as well as be able to fly things in high sec like freighters and jump freighters, then dropping corp because someone war decced you would actually have an impact.

This is intersting, and I'd like to see it expanded upon, outside the context "Mining is Broken." Because it seems to me that this would be a useful change to the game in terms of gameplay,as opposed to hating on people who make money in ways that you disapprove.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Whitehound
#73 - 2013-02-26 19:19:13 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Oh, how wonderful. Can we interrupt this topic and shortly switch to freighter ganking? Please?? Lol

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#74 - 2013-02-26 19:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Natsett Amuinn
Whitehound wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Oh, how wonderful. Can we interrupt this topic and shortly switch to freighter ganking? Please?? Lol

NPC corps have everything to do with what the OP is experiencing.

The OP would have never made this thread if he had seen a bunch of miners in player run corps, because the only people you have to gank are NPC corp members.

Freighter ganking is not exempt from the same situation.
If you had to be in a player run corp to fly a freighter there would be no such thing as freighter ganking.

If they made it a reequiment to be in a player run corp in order to fly a freighter, I would be perfectly fine with them putting in a mechanic that would make you instantly blow up if you bumped or fired a single shot at a freighter without declaring war. Because the only people that would be effect are NPC corp gankers.

Why should NPC corp gankers be able to exploit the NPC corps as well. If you want to gank the best stuff in the game you should be in a player run corp.

I say that jokingly, but I"m also pretty serious at the same time.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#75 - 2013-02-26 19:29:58 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I'm not complaining about anyone doing anything.

I'm pointing out a problem and asking that it be corrected so that no one can take advantage of it. It's an imbalance that is long over due to be addressed.

I didn't even suggest anything that only effected high sec miners. What do you think would happen if you had to be in a player run corp to operate a freighter or jump freighter in high sec?

maybe they're worried about their subs. maybe pandering to the lowest common denominator is the slow death of a game (call of duty i'm looking at you!) or maybe since everyone can have this advantage it's just another permabroken bit of the game that people just shrug off.

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#76 - 2013-02-26 19:33:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Natsett Amuinn
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

maybe they're worried about their subs. maybe pandering to the lowest common denominator is the slow death of a game (call of duty i'm looking at you!) or maybe since everyone can have this advantage it's just another permabroken bit of the game that people just shrug off.

You're the lowest common denominator.

Stop trying to perpetrate the idea that people in high sec are afraid of PvP, they are not. There's only a means to avoid it that is to easy, and doesn't penalize you for taking advantage of it.

Everyone using it so it's fine is a **** poor excuse, and only shows the kind of gamer you are.

Edit: Once upon a time miners flocked in droves to null sec to mine, then CCP changes things and they all went back to high sec.

CCP, along with telling us there are more people mining in high sec then ever, also indicated that many of those miners were mining in null sec prior to Inferno.

Obviously not every miner is as risk averse as you are and were willing to assume the added risks of null for what they felt must have been adiquate reward.
Theron Dashto
Doomheim
#77 - 2013-02-26 19:40:27 UTC
Came in expecting another dumb hisec miner thread. Left satisfied.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#78 - 2013-02-26 19:43:00 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
Skeln Thargensen wrote:

You're the lowest common denominator.

Stop trying to perpetrate the idea that people in high sec are afraid of PvP, they are not. There's only a means to avoid it that is to easy, and doesn't penalize you for taking advantage of it.

Everyone using it so it's fine is a **** poor excuse, and only shows the kind of gamer you are.

the same kind of gamer as you?

I mean it's one thing to be the kind of fool who holds others to his own standards but to actually hold others to standards you don't even apply to yourself is quite amazing.

Whitehound
#79 - 2013-02-26 19:59:03 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

The OP would have never made this thread if he had seen a bunch of miners in player run corps, because the only people you have to gank are NPC corp members...

How can you possibly know why and why not the OP created his thread?

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2013-02-26 21:00:50 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

The OP would have never made this thread if he had seen a bunch of miners in player run corps, because the only people you have to gank are NPC corp members...

How can you possibly know why and why not the OP created his thread?

Actually reading the OP is a good indication.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.