These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Well the mining community in high sec has come full circle.

Author
Owain GIyndwr
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-02-26 14:37:42 UTC
A few years ago to combat the macro mining and RMT epidemic in Eve CCP reduced the amount that asteroids re-spawned after down time resulting in macro miners completely draining the high sec belts until finally there was nothing but specks of asteroids re-spawning after each down time which then got quickly sucked up by the macros shortly. Then Ganking came into the game in a big way and reduced the numbers of miners and macros until finally Hulkaggendon arrived which then made mining almost a none event except a few brave soles like my self mining in very out of the way places, about this time or not long after, CCP made a stand against RMT and got rid of many macro mining accounts.

There was a period of about a year or may be a bit longer when the belts grew fat with very few brave enough to go mining in high sec because of the eve present threat ganking. The markets shot up as the cost of loot reached new all time highs as players used refined loot to make ships instead of mined minerals. What was CCP’s answer to this they cut the amount of loot being gathered from missions and rats in general. CCP actively tried to force players to go mining again. But it did not work……..

Fast forward to recent times. CCP have given the whole mining ship situation a buff. We all know of the many changes made which has very much improved the mining situation in high sec, making it harder to gank many mining ships. BUT! Where are we today, well I will tell you…….

Hordes of macro miners roaming about the belts freely sucking away at the newly re-spawned tiny specks of asteroids currently in the belts of high sec. Yes folks we have come FULL CIRCLE.

CCP I have got to ask how could you be so short sighted as to not see this coming, I mean seriously this has to be the worst form of game management I have ever seen.

I have roamed the high sec systems until I have gone almost blind and there are no belts worth mining left any where……..Don’t take my word for it go look your self.

I fully expect the flamers to bark that there are many fat belts around the place or that I should go mining in low sec or null but that’s not how I wish to play. I really have been far and wile and there is nothing worthy out there to mine in high security space.

Is this game over for the many players who simply wish to log on and spend a few quiet hours making isk. CCP are you going to scrifice these players for the sake of macro miners AGAIN?!
Whitehound
#2 - 2013-02-26 14:45:45 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
I fully expect the flamers to bark that there are many fat belts around ...

Bla bla bla.

You need to realize that there is not enough room for everyone in every system and that you need to search away from the market hubs. This means you need to move your ship more than 10 jumps.

Making a stand on the forum and throwing a little rant is cute and also accusing all miners of being botters - just you are not one - is cute, too.

My serious advice to you: HTFU.

The forums are not a place to cry yourself out over your lack of success.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Azami Nevinyrall
#3 - 2013-02-26 14:46:47 UTC
You can still gank in Highsec with great ease, the 15 Barges I exploded yesterday is proof. It's just a TAD bit harder, 1 Catalyst per Barge, 3 per Exhumer. With crimewatch in place, if their drones engage you, you can POD them without any further sec hit!

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#4 - 2013-02-26 14:50:33 UTC
Huh. When I want to mine (about once a year, admittedly), I never have any problems finding enough rocks to violence that my hold may overflow with the mangled corpses of innocent and blameless space-boulders.

All it requires is the willingness to move around a bit. Lazy miners get to suck up the scraps.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#5 - 2013-02-26 14:50:59 UTC
So, following your claim of empty belts, I undocked from the station two jumps from Amarr in a busy system.

Warping to a random belt, I found it full of rocks.
Warping to another belt, it was full of rocks.
Warping to a third belt, it was full of rocks.

"Can't be" I said to myself and jumped to Amarr.
Warping to the top belt there I found it....
... full of rocks.

Either I am on a different server, or your scope is very limited.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-02-26 14:52:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentamon
I too cannot find full belts within 1 jumps of a market hub.

True story m8.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Quit Whining
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-02-26 15:00:17 UTC
So essentially, you're saying that the hisec mining areas are overpopulated...but you don't want to mine in the bountiful belts located in losec/0.0...

What would you like CCP to do then good sir? Provide never-ending belts in Hisec so you wouldn't be required to engage in any form of potentially risky but profitable behavior?

You don't hear traders/industrialists whining when the market for a particular product drops out, forcing them to search for more profitable endeavors...
Whitehound
#8 - 2013-02-26 15:02:29 UTC
Quit Whining wrote:

I like your name! You need to post more often.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

enterprisePSI
#9 - 2013-02-26 15:03:00 UTC
Remember not to mine without a mining permit.

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psi©

Owain GIyndwr
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-02-26 15:03:50 UTC
well at least the flamers are predictable LolLolLol
S'Way
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-02-26 15:06:33 UTC
How to find rocks in high sec ?
Systems without stations far away from market hubs.

Take a look around the bleak lands (there's at least one system there with 50 belts it's rare to see a miner in due to no station), khanid, devoid, solitude, derelik etc.

Or you could just remove the opposition miners ships with some friends in catalysts and mine where you want.
Selene Nask
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-02-26 15:06:55 UTC

I regularly mine in high sec. Mostly near a market hub (not Jita). Even if I decide to mine a few hours before reset I've never had a problem finding belts. At that time the belts nearer the hub tend to be picked over of some of the best stuff but that is to be expected. A couple of hops away and there are belts that have never been touched that day.

I can see how some areas experience what you're seeing but to say it's all of high sec is laughable. It's not. Far from it from my experience.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-02-26 15:08:50 UTC
the answer is always you need to move further and you shall find the rocks. you shall also lose the griefers.

forums.  serious business.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#14 - 2013-02-26 15:15:17 UTC
Your entire post is spot on, except for all of it.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-02-26 15:16:46 UTC
I don't mine regularly, but I know people who do. There are plenty of belts in hi sec avaiable if you know where to look.

Like Mili for example.

Secondly, I would argue if you look at mineral prices (which are quite higher than they were a year ago), one could argue that there is not enough minerals to go around to build all the ships that need to be built to satisfy the demand of all the mission runners and incursioners.

In that regard, people who want cheaper ships should want more mining to go on.

I mean its hard to pew pew in PVP all day when your losses are too much to replace.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Manny Moons
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-02-26 15:21:52 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
...Hordes of macro miners roaming about the belts freely sucking away...

Solution: Kill the macro miners. Join the New Order. Or if you prefer, do it independently. If you aren't part of the solution, well, you could be.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#17 - 2013-02-26 15:25:18 UTC
Owain GIyndwr wrote:
A few years ago to combat the macro mining and RMT epidemic in Eve CCP reduced the amount that asteroids re-spawned after down time resulting in macro miners completely draining the high sec belts until finally there was nothing but specks of asteroids re-spawning after each down time which then got quickly sucked up by the macros shortly. Then Ganking came into the game in a big way and reduced the numbers of miners and macros until finally Hulkaggendon arrived which then made mining almost a none event except a few brave soles like my self mining in very out of the way places, about this time or not long after, CCP made a stand against RMT and got rid of many macro mining accounts.

There is so much wrong with paragraph I'm not even going to start, so.....

I have no problem finding tons of ore to mine any day of the week.

Perhaps one should move away from the Gallente/Jita Route ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-02-26 15:27:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
And here I thought this would be another "conspiracy" thread about how all miners are just alts of Null characters, or that James 315 was "being mean" to someone.

Sigh.

I ask you where is the drama and scandal these days, to sooth my aching bones, before the booze kicks in ? We need more drama and scandal... and meatballs of questionable origin. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Lady von Baroness
Mizara's Dollhouse
#19 - 2013-02-26 15:35:08 UTC
Get out of Caldari space. In Amarr, Ammatar, Khanid and the southern portion of the Gallente space, there are plenty of rocks to chew on. Entire blets full of even the most popular rocks like Scordite, including the +5 and +10 variants, that are 50k units or larger, and 100k+ units of all forms of Veldspar.

Even in Caldari space I've seen full belts, simply by going to out-of-the way systems. I know of a few dead-end systems, with no stations and only a single warp gate, that rarely see all of their belts drained, let alone depleted.

Try looking around for once. If Dotlan is too difficult for you, spend a few hours in a shuttle and scout some area other than Jita or the trade hubs.

Donations of any doll items are graciously accepted anywhere in the universe of EvE!

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#20 - 2013-02-26 15:36:30 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
And here I thought this would be another "conspiracy" thread about how all miners are just alts of Null characters, or that James 315 was "being mean" to someone.

Sigh.

I ask you where is the drama and scandal these days, to sooth my aching bones, before the booze kicks in ? We need more drama and scandal... and meatballs of questionable origin. Blink
Been shopping Swedish, have you?

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

123Next pageLast page