These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Let characters war-dec other characters :)

Author
Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-02-26 00:16:44 UTC
That'd solve all this dropping from corp to avoid wars nonsense, and it'd make for another isk-sink which is ++ double-win for CCP.

pwetty-please Twisted

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#2 - 2013-02-26 00:24:30 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
This was part of a very old suggestion I made back in the days of dec scraping and other stuff even more broken than the current system. I proposed "sticky" wardecs that you could assign to any entity, including characters. Those wars would then be projected onto anyone related: a character could carry a war into an entire alliance, for example. It would need some tweaking to make it balanced, but something like that would solve a lot of problems...not to mention open up NPC corps to warfare on a very limited and expensive basis.

edit: which of course opens up some interesting options. At war? Join a merc corp and give them free war targets for the duration.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-02-26 00:30:34 UTC
I admire your honesty o7

forums.  serious business.

Big Jim Slade
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-02-26 00:32:54 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
edit: which of course opens up some interesting options. At war? Join a merc corp and give them free war targets for the duration.

Yeah, that thing that DecShield brought to light and was nullified in retribution... yeah lets just toss that back in there.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2013-02-26 00:33:03 UTC
Show me on the doll where those filthy miners refused to touch you...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#6 - 2013-02-26 02:21:35 UTC
Uhm UAE, isn't that supposed to be 'Tell me how the ebil piwate touched your Hulk'?

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#7 - 2013-02-26 02:31:44 UTC
Big Jim Slade wrote:

Yeah, that thing that DecShield brought to light and was nullified in retribution... yeah lets just toss that back in there.

Except that this wouldn't allow you to subsequently escape the wardec, like DecShield did.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#8 - 2013-02-26 03:03:08 UTC
Hint: if you want to shoot whoever you feel like, get the **** out of highsec.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-02-26 03:19:32 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Hint: You don't have to leave highsec if you want to shoot whoever you feel like shooting.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#10 - 2013-02-26 04:47:26 UTC
Big Jim Slade wrote:

Not the same thing.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Mon Diddies
Indigo Generation
#11 - 2013-02-26 04:55:58 UTC
love these threads that never ever go anywhere. why even bring them up anymore. heres a idea, if you think you have a good post for the forums. wait about 3 weeks, think it over. if its still good to you dont post it. chances are in the 10 years eve has been around its been brought up and trashed. at least 100 times already. since i started eve in 06 i see the same threads week in week out, month after month, year....... so please just stop posting

Dont believe anything you read, and only half of what you see. To be fair dont trust what you hear either.!!!!!!! TINFOIL ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!

AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#12 - 2013-02-26 05:21:42 UTC
Ris Dnalor wrote:
That'd solve all this dropping from corp to avoid wars nonsense, and it'd make for another isk-sink which is ++ double-win for CCP.

pwetty-please Twisted

no
Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-02-26 05:36:09 UTC
Mon Diddies wrote:
love these threads that never ever go anywhere. why even bring them up anymore. heres a idea, if you think you have a good post for the forums. wait about 3 weeks, think it over. if its still good to you dont post it. chances are in the 10 years eve has been around its been brought up and trashed. at least 100 times already. since i started eve in 06 i see the same threads week in week out, month after month, year....... so please just stop posting

but... but... but.... then whatever would you do with your time? Twisted

• Qolde
Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-02-26 05:38:18 UTC
AFK Hauler wrote:
Ris Dnalor wrote:

pwetty-please Twisted

no

+1 for apropos character name :)

• Qolde
No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#15 - 2013-02-26 05:39:55 UTC
Ris Dnalor wrote:
That'd solve all this dropping from corp to avoid wars nonsense, and it'd make for another isk-sink which is ++ double-win for CCP

You are free to violence someones boat anywhere at anytime except in station or a pos

Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-02-26 05:43:28 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Ris Dnalor wrote:
That'd solve all this dropping from corp to avoid wars nonsense, and it'd make for another isk-sink which is ++ double-win for CCP

You are free to violence someones boat anywhere at anytime except in station or a pos

see, now you're thinking. if WiS had hand grenades and trip-wires, it would've been such a success!

• Qolde
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#17 - 2013-02-26 05:55:51 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:

Hint: You don't have to leave highsec if you want to shoot whoever you feel like shooting.

You do for totally free funtime. No stupid mechanics or hurdles to jump through.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#18 - 2013-02-26 07:12:10 UTC
Mon Diddies wrote:

This explains why I've never seen you post before now. P
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Dave Stark
#19 - 2013-02-26 07:39:10 UTC
i can just imagine every freighter that undocks from jita 4-4 getting a wardec before the session change timer has even expired, if not every ship that undocks from 4-4.
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#20 - 2013-02-26 08:20:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Brooks Puuntai
Ris Dnalor wrote:

pwetty-please Twisted

This would open the door for massive griefing, which would be a bad thing for CCP with loss subs, which I would think is more important to CCP then isk sinks.

If you want the ability to shoot anyone at any time without consequences, then I suggest you pick targets elsewhere.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

12Next page