These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Capitals in a WH

Author
Massey Don
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-02-20 23:27:57 UTC
I have been living in a C4 for about 5 months. There's talk about moving up to a C5. I've heard that dreads (esp. Moros) are used in PvP in the higher class wormholes. I've also heard capitals are used in running sites to get escalations. How do you get these capitals into the WH? My assumption is that all the capitals flown in WHs are constructed there.

Do all the corps and alliances flying caps have the ability to manufacture them? I know people buy lower class systems with the cap already there (mainly carriers, I guess). Does anyone buy and sell caps and somehow fly them between systems?

I've been doing a little research on capital construction. Is there a guide somewhere or blog posts on how it's normally done in w-space? I'm assuming little of the minerals are mined in the home system or even in w-space. My assumption is that using something like 425 Railsguns for compression is used and the minerals are shipped in. Do people bring capital BPO into w-space? Or just research/copy them in hi-sec and bring those down? Does it even make sense to invest in BPO for a wh industrialist? Can you make enough ships for in corp/alliance consumption to break even vs. contracting BPC?
Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-02-20 23:39:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Gnaw LF
Massey Don wrote:
I have been living in a C4 for about 5 months. There's talk about moving up to a C5. I've heard that dreads (esp. Moros) are used in PvP in the higher class wormholes. I've also heard capitals are used in running sites to get escalations. How do you get these capitals into the WH? My assumption is that all the capitals flown in WHs are constructed there.

Do all the corps and alliances flying caps have the ability to manufacture them? I know people buy lower class systems with the cap already there (mainly carriers, I guess). Does anyone buy and sell caps and somehow fly them between systems?

I've been doing a little research on capital construction. Is there a guide somewhere or blog posts on how it's normally done in w-space? I'm assuming little of the minerals are mined in the home system or even in w-space. My assumption is that using something like 425 Railsguns for compression is used and the minerals are shipped in. Do people bring capital BPO into w-space? Or just research/copy them in hi-sec and bring those down? Does it even make sense to invest in BPO for a wh industrialist? Can you make enough ships for in corp/alliance consumption to break even vs. contracting BPC?

In c5 and c6 class system you have k-space connections that have enough mass and jump able mass to accommodate up to three capital ships. The K162 from Null and Low Sec, Z142 and C140 wormholes allow dreadnoughts and carriers to be brought through.

Stop with the research on constructing caps in w-space, its far easier and cheaper to build or buy them in k-space and bring them in using the null or low sec k-space wormholes.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2013-02-20 23:39:34 UTC
Massey Don wrote:

Capitals can fit through C5 and C6 wormholes.
Grizzly Kreyszig
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-02-21 01:16:20 UTC
Massey Don wrote:

Don't buy the BPOs. You'll have to pay a billion or more per component BPO, and after you've bought them all you have to research them for 6 months or so. Just buy the BPCs if you're going to build the capital yourself.
ROSSLINDEN0
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#5 - 2013-02-21 02:10:49 UTC
I'm a well known wormhole 3rd party for capital transactions please convo me for more details and prices
Iq Cadaen
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-02-21 11:22:33 UTC
Is he trolling? Please tell me he's trolling!
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-02-21 21:45:31 UTC
Iq Cadaen wrote:

he's in aquila... what do you think?

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#8 - 2013-02-21 21:52:55 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:

its ross... what do you think?

fixed it for you
Craggus
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-02-21 23:45:20 UTC
What they are trying to say is yes, Ross is a trustworthy and legitimate business person.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#10 - 2013-02-22 00:05:41 UTC
Jack Miton made an excelent guide about capital scalation. Please, check it. I'm not too fond of the search option in this forum, but give it a try.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#11 - 2013-02-22 00:52:14 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Jack Miton made an excelent guide about capital scalation. Please, check it. I'm not too fond of the search option in this forum, but give it a try.

Running Sites Carriers + Dreads with Loki web/painter and off-grid booster:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=144954&find=unread

Running Sites Carrier + Battleships (off-grid booster optional but recommended):
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=144953&find=unread

I have both posts favorited :p

Svo.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#12 - 2013-02-22 02:16:55 UTC
They should be sticky.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#13 - 2013-02-22 03:22:11 UTC
Oh you guys *blush*

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Iq Cadaen
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-02-22 08:18:55 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:

I was actually referring to the OP, I'm quite familiar with :troll: :P
Massey Don
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-02-25 18:25:44 UTC
Iq Cadaen wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:

Yea, sorry. I wasn't trolling. I didn't realize the C5/6 holes were larger and would randomly spawn to null/low. I live in a C4 and do chain mapping with Siggy, but I guess I didn't think about it more.

It seems the only valid reason to do industry in w-space is because you want to. If you're not really interested in doing industry, there's nothing that motivates you to do it in w-space. It's easy enough to always ship in what you need. I had kinda thought that in the higher class systems the logistics might be challenging enough to warrant in system industry.
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-02-25 19:32:21 UTC
Massey Don wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Iq Cadaen wrote:

Yea, sorry. I wasn't trolling. I didn't realize the C5/6 holes were larger and would randomly spawn to null/low. I live in a C4 and do chain mapping with Siggy, but I guess I didn't think about it more.

It seems the only valid reason to do industry in w-space is because you want to. If you're not really interested in doing industry, there's nothing that motivates you to do it in w-space. It's easy enough to always ship in what you need. I had kinda thought that in the higher class systems the logistics might be challenging enough to warrant in system industry.

From what I have heard (and can tell from my own experience scanning in foreign C5 chains), you get enough nulls and lows in C5 space that its actually often easier to get a K-space route out of a C5 than a C4. Now, whether that K-space route is useful is a completely different question...