These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Killrights broken?

Author
Uncle Donald
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-02-23 09:45:34 UTC
Hello!

I got a feeling the killright system is broken, i understand the machanics. But i seriously doubt this whas the idea behind it.

I pvp now and then, like most of eve.
And the other day someone had a killright on me. Ok no biggie, happend before...
But now they can make the killright avalable to all , and thats excacly what he did!
For 1m isk i could be ganked in any ship in HS plus my pod :)

I lost a caracal, but i could have just as easely been in a t3.
Dont u guys agree thats a bit much fun for just 1m isk? Plus if they had a trasher with sebo they could have gotten my pod aswell.

Plus when ppl activate the killright on u, NOT only can the ppl that activate it kill u but since u have suspect, NOW EVERYONE CAN!!

Since im warping from gate to gate there is little risk, but yesterday the jita gate was closed so i was stuck at the gate. This makes it even more broken!

Either u should make it more expencive/ship vs cost , put a limit on what u can engage, or just delete it all together imo, i dont maintain a positve sec status to be just engaged by everyone that can kill a rat and raise 1m isk
Kathtrine
My Dot Corp
#2 - 2013-02-23 09:48:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kathtrine
Welcome to the New eve.

Thank you for the Ganker Tears.

I have also Given kill right away for free. its fun to get the notification back and go check the kill mail sites for the kills.

EDIT: Its not broken, this is how it works now.

[b]If your griefing about EvE online and still paying for it, your hooked and CCP has done thier job.

Now go blow somebodies ship up and stop whining about whatever your are lacking.[/b]

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-23 09:51:57 UTC
Uncle Donald wrote:
someone had a killright on me more

Uncle Donald wrote:
more broken!

Ganker tears best tears.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-02-23 12:10:12 UTC
Kathtrine wrote:

I have also Given kill right away for free. its fun to get the notification back and go check the kill mail sites for the kills.

You should charge a small fee for the killright, or else the target can just grab the killright on an alt for free and kill himself in a cheap ship.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-02-23 13:16:06 UTC
Working as intended. Patch notes are your friend.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-02-23 13:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Alana Charen-Teng
If the killright fee is low, you can pay it and use an alt or friend to kill yourself in a rookie ship to remove it. I spent the better part of a day doing that. So no, there's nothing wrong with being able to pay 1 mil for a chance to kill your Tech3 ship, because it is so easy to avoid.
Uncle Donald
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-02-23 18:58:33 UTC
Kathtrine wrote:
Welcome to the New eve.

Thank you for the Ganker Tears.

EDIT: Its not broken, this is how it works now.

Lol guessed u missed the line were i said its just a caracal?:)

"" if the killright fee is low, you can pay it and use an alt or friend to kill yourself in a rookie ship to remove it. I spent the better part of a day doing that. So no, there's nothing wrong with being able to pay 1 mil for a chance to kill your Tech3 ship, because it is so easy to avoid."

@ Alana Charen-Teng: Thats ok and your right its easy to avoid, but i dont think it was indended that a "friend"activates it , and kill your rookie ship, then why have it in the first place?!

And then still, why the suspect timer (if u havent "engaged") so that everyone can attack u, doesnt that kinda makes the "paying 1m isk to activate the killright" obsolite?
Runeme Shilter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-02-23 21:27:08 UTC
You should do as I did: Skill up a dedicated ganker alt and embrace life on the run.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#9 - 2013-02-23 21:32:39 UTC
Guess you better go -10 to make the killright redundant, eh?
Zzarras
Spanfase Inc
#10 - 2013-02-23 21:40:27 UTC
a ganker moaning he can get ganked, love it!
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#11 - 2013-02-23 21:48:44 UTC
*munches popcorn*

Gawd I love the screaming.

Cool

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#12 - 2013-02-23 22:28:39 UTC
Yeah, just go -10 with an alt and gank all you want and laugh at the stupid gank victims who offer killrights on you.
Everything that CCP did to make life worse on 'criminals' has zero effect on dedicated criminal alts.
Or in the case of bounties - its a buff to the profession.

Killrights vs -10? Worthless.
Bounty vs -10? Ganker pockets it.

CCP wants you to have a -10 alt, so just do it and enjoy.
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#13 - 2013-02-24 23:22:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Astenion
This is too good to be true. I always thought the term "ganker tears" was just an expression, but now OP has proven that isn't the case.

So let's see what we've got here. You're QQing that since you ganked someone and the kill right system allows people to set your kill rights to be available to everyone, that you don't think it's fair, is that correct? CCP has finally fixed after nearly 10 years of what was essentially an awful system by allowing there to be consequences to your actions in high sec. Now finally people can pew in high sec. Don't want to get blown up for flipping cans? Don't fly through our gates in high sec. Big smile You CAN fight back, you do know that, right? Once you turn flashy, you're gonna have people all over you like mosquitoes, but that's working as intended.

Just get a ganker alt and don't worry about it. The new bounty system doesn't really let anyone profit unless you've got like 2 billion in bounties on your head. CCP is just making gankers go all the way instead of moonlighting with crimewatch. You either embrace it and live a life on the run or you stop doing it. If you don't like being a target, you should maybe get into something like mission running or mining in hi sec, because crimewatch and bounty hunting just got a whole lot more interesting.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#14 - 2013-02-25 05:19:48 UTC
Yes, it's great isn't it? By the way, does anyone know if you can set overview to label people with available kill rights?

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2013-02-25 06:31:05 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Yes, it's great isn't it? By the way, does anyone know if you can set overview to label people with available kill rights?

yes i know; yes you can
dark heartt
#16 - 2013-02-25 06:47:41 UTC
This thread delivers exactly what I thought it would: Tears.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#17 - 2013-02-25 07:18:59 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
yes i know; yes you can

Wow, look at that. It's even called "Pilot has a kill right on him that you can activate". Who'd have thought.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#18 - 2013-02-25 07:54:09 UTC
Guess you shouldn't be shooting people you shouldn't huh?
Lucy Oreless
Rise of Rephaim
#19 - 2013-02-25 09:20:38 UTC
Victims are still trying to sell killrights on me for the sum of 1m-5m a pop LolLol A few makes them for free also.. It just makes the gank even better imo Lol

Before this we had only tears and rage to make the ganks worth while... now there is tears, rage and stupidity Blink

WINNING!

I did not have sexual relations to THAT woman....

StoneCold
Decadence.
RAZOR Alliance
#20 - 2013-02-25 09:31:16 UTC
Wait. They killed you with fire?
12Next page