These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New ships and modules - what do you think of them ?

Author
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#61 - 2011-10-27 13:24:49 UTC
Zoe Alarhun wrote:

You are the one mentioning LSE buffer.
You are the one mentioning 50% greater dps.

Thanks for letting me know what i posted bro. Honestly done with responding to this drivel. If you're unwilling to use more than an ounce of that brain stew you got upstairs then this debate is done. GL running the numbers and eating your foot.

Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#62 - 2011-10-27 13:33:54 UTC
Good riddance.

Stepping away from Battlecruisers for the moment - is anyone else excited about T2 probe launchers and T2 Drone modules ?

Also what the heck is this ?

[+] Data Subverter I
[+|n] hackOrbital
[+|n] medPower
[+|n] online
[+] accessDifficultyBonus: 15.0
[+] capacitorNeed: 20.0
[+] capacity: 0
[+] cpu: 20.0
[+] duration: 10000.0
[+] hp: 40.0
[+] mass: 0
[+] maxRange: 5000.0
[+] metaLevel: 0
[+] power: 1.0
[+] requiredSkill2: 21718.0
[+] requiredSkill2Level: 1.0
[+] techLevel: 1.0
[+] volume: 5.0

It looks like some kind of hacking module, I see it mentions orbital in one of the lines. Perhaps it's something that allows you to hack Planetery Custom's offices and temporarily switch off the taxes, or steal a portion of the taxes. What do you guys think it's for ?
Bull Eramix
Tir Capital Management Group
#63 - 2011-10-27 14:02:49 UTC
Zoe Alarhun wrote:
Compare a thorax to a stabber - thorax has higher IM. but the stabber is more agile - It's due to the increase in mass over stabber. If you look at all the high speed frigates they have IM stats over 4.

EDIT - I realize that fitting I stabs in game brings the modifier down. I 'm looking at it from the info dump perspective where high value = better.

I don't understand where you reach that conclusion from. The agilities in the info dump correspond to the existing inertia modifiers in game. Lower inertia numbers mean a better acceleration when everything else is the same. The Stabber is more agile because is has a higher max velocity, and a lower IM. If the thorax is plated the stabber may also receive the mass advantage.

The reason the frigates have higher IMs is to actually slow them down relative to their low mass, and high max velocities. IM's can't be compared between hull sizes due to the huge mass differences.

I also ran some numbers on base stats to see what the effects would be, speeds from 0 in .5 second intervals
DISCLAIMER: I realize these numbers aren't final, but it was a good exercise in how the numbers impacted things.

Formula form the WIKI

Vt = Vmax * (1 - e^(-t * 10^6 / (I*M) )
MATHS:
Thorax Thorax w/o speed change New Thorax Stabber

V Max 170 170 180 231
IM (agility) 0.585 0.61425 0.61425 0.48
M 11280000 11280000 11280000 11400000

time (s) velocity
0 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
0.5 12.41 11.84 12.53 20.17
1 23.91 22.85 24.19 38.58
1.5 34.57 33.09 35.04 55.38
2 44.45 42.62 45.13 70.72
2.5 53.61 51.49 54.52 84.72
3 62.10 59.74 63.26 97.49
3.5 69.98 67.42 71.38 109.15
4 77.28 74.56 78.95 119.79
4.5 84.04 81.21 85.98 129.50
5 90.31 87.39 92.53 138.36

Summary: Without the top speed changes the new thorax would be slower, however, with them, they will get a slight boost to their speeds at any given time. Granted I'm not sure how turning works and the impact of the higher IM here. It also looks like they will be slower to align out since the 75% of max velocity is the warp point. The stabber still travels 40% faster after 5 seconds, so you wont be wanting to drag race any of them.

I apologize for the formatting, it should be exportable to excel as space delimited however.
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#64 - 2011-10-27 14:11:08 UTC
Bleh I shouldn't post in a hurry. I got some of the numbers mixed up.

Thorax less mass, higher IM.
Stabber More mass, lower IM.

Either way you might be right - as far as I can discern the info dump higher = better. But what you are saying makes sense so it's possible I'm wrong. Either way I think the change benefits gallente. I wonder what the heck that data subverter is for - hacking that can affect enemy ships ?
steave435
Perkone
Caldari State
#65 - 2011-10-27 14:39:21 UTC  |  Edited by: steave435
Zoe Alarhun wrote:
Bleh I shouldn't post in a hurry. I got some of the numbers mixed up.

Thorax less mass, higher IM.
Stabber More mass, lower IM.

Either way you might be right - as far as I can discern the info dump higher = better. But what you are saying makes sense so it's possible I'm wrong. Either way I think the change benefits gallente. I wonder what the heck that data subverter is for - hacking that can affect enemy ships ?

Yeah, you're wrong. Multiply the mass of th Thorax with its IM and then do the same for the Stabber. The result for the Thorax is 6 598 800, while the Stabber gets 5 472 000, that is why the Stabber is more agile.
These changes will mean that it can reach a certain speed while fighting much faster, but it will take a while to turn around and start burning in the other direction. Personally, I'd welcome going further with this. For example, if pushed far enough, you could have a Deimos with the top speed of a Vagabond so that it's very good at burning in a straight line at the enemy to get in blaster range, or burn away from something to stay at sniper range, but the much worse agility would mean that it can't go faster then it can now if it's trying to maintain an orbit at 20k or so like the Vaga can.
Minmatarr would be able to zip around on the field, turning fast in addition to going fast to maintain range, while the Gallente would burn in a straight line either in towards the center of the fight or away from it to decrease/increase range depending on its weapon type.
Alexei Orlov
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#66 - 2011-10-27 15:02:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexei Orlov
Zoe Alarhun wrote:

I think this is the key part.
Some sort of amplifying module for Codebreakers or Analyzers... or both?

Edit: Since there's also a range stat in there maybe I'm way off. Since I'd probably have seen that if I were awake, I think I'll crash now.
Happy speculating!
Naso Gomez
#67 - 2011-10-27 15:24:59 UTC
Zoe Alarhun wrote:
Perhaps it's something that allows you to hack Planetery Custom's offices and temporarily switch off the taxes, or steal a portion of the taxes. What do you guys think it's for ?
I think your on the right track, but It's prob just to see if there is anything good inside there.
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#68 - 2011-10-27 15:45:22 UTC  |  Edited by: FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Zoe Alarhun wrote:
Good riddance.

Stepping away from Battlecruisers for the moment - is anyone else excited about T2 probe launchers and T2 Drone modules ?

Also what the heck is this ?

[+] Data Subverter I
[+|n] hackOrbital
[+|n] medPower
[+|n] online
[+] capacitorNeed: 20.0
[+] capacity: 0
[+] cpu: 20.0
[+] duration: 10000.0
[+] hp: 40.0
[+] mass: 0
[+] maxRange: 5000.0
[+] metaLevel: 0
[+] power: 1.0
[+] requiredSkill2: 21718.0
[+] requiredSkill2Level: 1.0
[+] techLevel: 1.0
[+] volume: 5.0

It looks like some kind of hacking module, I see it mentions orbital in one of the lines. Perhaps it's something that allows you to hack Planetery Custom's offices and temporarily switch off the taxes, or steal a portion of the taxes. What do you guys think it's for ?

Looks like something to hack rogue drones imo....

Maybe dreaming though....
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#69 - 2011-10-27 16:25:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Deerin wrote:
Tefries Lurgoyf wrote:
Goose99 wrote:

What's with all that eccms? Dude, your onerios fails.Lol

2 are projected eccms.

You can post a better oneiros fit too :) gohead dont be shy man.

For small armor gangs with mandatory MWD, the "Lonely Medic" Oneiros

[Oneiros, Solo Logi Oneiros]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II

Large 'Solace' I Remote Bulwark Reconstruction
Large Remote Armor Repair System II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

For larger armor fleets, the "Free of Chains" Oneiros

[Oneiros, Free of Chains]
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

10MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

I'm not claiming that it is better than Guardian. But it is a viable alternative that although lacking in ECCM it makes up for it by being independent of chains, thus being able to disengage without endangering logistics energy chain core.

Now this looks like what I call "fits", not the lol stuff full eccm and EM energised platings...seriously who's the ****** and/or stupid fc who brings oneiros to remote eccm and rep guardians....

Let me guess: "in vangard sites this works well" .....holly god...
Tefries Lurgoyf
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2011-10-27 19:18:18 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Deerin wrote:
Tefries Lurgoyf wrote:
Goose99 wrote:

What's with all that eccms? Dude, your onerios fails.Lol

2 are projected eccms.

You can post a better oneiros fit too :) gohead dont be shy man.

For small armor gangs with mandatory MWD, the "Lonely Medic" Oneiros

[Oneiros, Solo Logi Oneiros]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II

For larger armor fleets, the "Free of Chains" Oneiros

[Oneiros, Free of Chains]
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

10MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

I'm not claiming that it is better than Guardian. But it is a viable alternative that although lacking in ECCM it makes up for it by being independent of chains, thus being able to disengage without endangering logistics energy chain core.

Now this looks like what I call "fits", not the lol stuff full eccm and EM energised platings...seriously who's the ****** and/or stupid fc who brings oneiros to remote eccm and rep guardians....

Hi man.

Let me see here...

Shield tank oneiros *cute. no other comment*

The other one.. is not bad... Until you realize it doesnt bring anything to the table besides repping like the Guardian. And then gets COMPLETLY SMASHED int he FACE with ECM and Neuts. Something REALLY UNCOMMON for sure. Im sure you will pull distance from those neuting ships however with your plate and AB.

Oh were talking about fail FCs now.. Well for one, Carbon Fury and Viper Siz something zle (PL FCs) field the projected ECCM version with great success :)
Deerin, a lot of BUSA members were formely Hull Miners who flew with those FCs in cry havoc. Its possibly they only time a member of BUSA flew an oneiros in a actual non-LOL mannar. *IRONY* hehe

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#71 - 2011-10-27 19:32:00 UTC
Carmen Martino wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Not convinced on the blaster changes - #1 : Since when has fitting been the primary issue?.

As far as #2 goes, the 20% tracking buff, to put it into context you have to recall the 400% change that occured with QR in 2008 and the way the tracking formula works up close. Once you do that, you see it really doesn't change much at all...

*sad face*

Have you ever flown ANYTHING that uses hybrids? My guess is no.
My friend, I've flown nothing but Hybrid ships (and by that read: mostly blaster boats) since 2004 - there were indeed fitting issues back '04-06 ish but those were resolved (e.g. Megathron powergrid boost, CPU reduction on blasters e.t.c).

Fitting is not the core issue for blasters today.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#72 - 2011-10-27 22:32:10 UTC
Tefries Lurgoyf wrote:
stuff

Ok. I understand now why those Oneiros are so badly used/fitted Lol

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2011-10-28 01:09:06 UTC
Hasn't been seen yet i think, but i am REALLY looking forward to the Naga!

just crafting on EFT with a Scorpion (as it also has no damage bonus), the Naga SHOULD have:

8 highs, 8 launcher turrets, 4 lows.

That means T2 sieges, 4 x CN BCUs, 1 T2 loading bay accellerator + T2 torps (not that anyone uses them) = 1268 DPS without implants

With a 6% RoF implant, that goes up to 1350... that is a lot.

I was training up Hybrids but gonna continue on missile skillz now :D

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Desudes
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2011-10-28 02:00:12 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Carmen Martino wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Not convinced on the blaster changes - #1 : Since when has fitting been the primary issue?.

As far as #2 goes, the 20% tracking buff, to put it into context you have to recall the 400% change that occured with QR in 2008 and the way the tracking formula works up close. Once you do that, you see it really doesn't change much at all...

*sad face*

Have you ever flown ANYTHING that uses hybrids? My guess is no.
My friend, I've flown nothing but Hybrid ships (and by that read: mostly blaster boats) since 2004 - there were indeed fitting issues back '04-06 ish but those were resolved (e.g. Megathron powergrid boost, CPU reduction on blasters e.t.c).

Take a look at this:

5x meta neutrons on a thorax with max skills leaves you with 105ish pg, t2 leave you with 70ish pg

7x meta neutrons on a brutix leaves you with 150ish pg, t2 leaves you with 100ish pg

the megathron stands alone with its blaster brothers as it has 5000pg after meta neutrons, it can fit something worth a damn

the Hyperior is a tighter fit then mega, only having 3200ish pg

the domi has minus 1000pg with a rack of meta neutrons, forget t2

Blasters usually come with MWDs, reppers, cap boosters and plates, all requiring pg that only the mega can somewhat spare if its going to go with good dps.

Reducing fitting requirements works with the hallmark of Gallente close range ships: high DPS with heavy tanks.

Excuse me, but what the f*ck are you desu?

Tanaka Sekigahara
United Space Marine Corp
#75 - 2011-10-28 06:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanaka Sekigahara
Zoe Alarhun wrote:
In this link: http://altruist.azual.co.uk/2011/10/new-battlecruisers-and-balance-changes.html

You can see some of the potential changes to ships. In all I love many of the changes, especially the destroyers. What do you guys think about the hybrid and ship rebalancing ? I think CCP gone and done good.

I agree that CCP has done good.I am happy with them overall, but like most players I would like to see a tweak or two that benifits me and my playstyle.

i can't help but notice that while Gallente hybrid boats got a speed and agility buff, Caldari only got agility.Many ships in general got speed tweaks, except for Caldari.

The problem with this is simple:If the advantage that Caldari has is range, it is negated by the fact that its ships do not have the speed to dictate the range. Therefore, it is no advantage at all after the opening moments of the engagement.
They are already about the slowest in game, and now the gap has widened further.

Another question I have is this: If, on average, the change to tracking speeds for gallente ships is ~ 20%, is that a greater benifit than the 10% increase in damage that the rails are getting???Not really whining, but I would have liked it more if they had done a little better by Caldari as far as speed goes. They don't need to be the fastest, but being the slowest may take away the chance that rails may have had to be of more significance in the future at a time when subcaps are of increasing importance, and I don't think that's what the devs really intended.I hope they give this some consideration.

Overall I think the changes are significant and exciting. I think the net effect will be to make this into the wargame that I came to play in the first place.No more will fleets be able to just drag out their moms and titans and neglect all other ships types and dominate the battlefield.
It is my opinion that subcaps will play a huge role in fleets fights in the future, to the extent they may determine victory, and whether or not the capitals even enter the field.

Going forward, it seems the battlefield will now have to be prepped, or " shaped" ( in military parlance).Sub capitals will enter the field first, and try to establish a superiority independent of what the capitals do, as when the capitals enter the fray they will be subject to being tackled and held by subcaps in a way they have not been previously. A mom or a dread will be able to do little against a tackling ceptor. Cruisers and AFs will have to deal with them. BCs will attempt to eliminate the cruisers, and the battleships will become relevant again as they enter the field and try to win the subcap fight.and the moms will be deployed only when that fight has been largely settled.Carriers will be important as they will have to try and kill the heavy cruiser to BS sized ships attacking the moms and dreads.From here on in there will be real risk in deploying supercaps as they wont be able to logoffski and wont be able to effectively defend themselves from smaller subcaps any longer.

The dreads will resume their intended role as primary installation attackers, and secondarily will go after the battleships to clear them or drive them off, and the carriers will be obliged to defend the dreads when they become imperilled. Moms will go after the other caps once they are engaged and the titans will be deployed to decide the issue in the role they were probably originally intended for.

The engagements will be longer, and take longer to develop, as only the most foolhardy of FCs will deploy his caps at the outset of the engagement.Morale will become a factor as the engagement drags on.Courage will become an issue for FCs as they decide whether or not they have the goolies to deploy their titans. The risk of losing them will be higher than before, and the net effects of engagements will be more decisive, as when it goes **** up for one side they will lose caps that in the past they could simply log off in.

Tempo, an oft overlooked aspect of combat will become one of major importance, as commanders decide when they want to deploy their BS and the caps, then supercaps.

Individual effort and achievement will be of relevance as the subcaps once again have a role, and a role of great importance.
Surviving subcaps on the field towards the end of the fight may make a dif in caps kills overall as there may be that many more tackled on the field waiting their turn to die like so many trapped Romans at Cannae.Individual surviving ceptors and cruisers will make a difference of a couple of bil for each one left on the field,as there will be that many more caps tackled, and their absence will mean one more carrier or mom the enemy is able to get away with to live to fight another day.

Communications beyond calling primaries will assume even greater significance. The ability of individual FCs will be decisive, even moreso than now, as the situation on the battlefield will not be as important as what the opposing commanders think it is. What they beleive the situation to be will be all important as to when they decide to deploy the supercaps.If they deploy them on a field where the subcap fight is lost, or soon will be lost, those ships may be doomed the moment they enter the battle.
Tanaka Sekigahara
United Space Marine Corp
#76 - 2011-10-28 06:29:52 UTC
Even ships that got no tweaks or changes will have a specific role, the possibilities for tactical applications and combinations of ship types and how they are used will be limited only by the imaginations of the commanders.overall composition of the fleet and how it is commanded will assume more importance in relation to simply the total overall size of the fleet.
Some alliance out there is gonna be the first to put a major emphasis on what ships they bring and in what proportions, and the smart ones will develop a staff devoted to that, and coming up with a general battle plan, leaving the FC to implement it on the engagement. The days of one ship fits all roles is over, and the same applies for one man being bale to handle everything, and just issuing a call to arms and simply leading them onto the field. Preparation and planning will assume greater significance, as will leadership in general.

In short i think the planned changes will bust the game wide open and in fact make it fun again.Increased DPS for dreads mean shorter sieges on POS' ,eliminating some of the boredom with POS takedowns.The skill of subcap pilots may well be decisive.
Arthur Frayn
V.O.F.L IRON CORE
#77 - 2011-10-28 11:47:17 UTC
I just noticed the base hitpoints of the new battlecruisers. Roughly half of what the tier 2 BC's have. It's like CCP designed these ships with the specific role of being nuked in one shot by anyone in an insta-lock tempest with 1400s.

A triple trimarked, triple 1600 rolled tungsten + EANM and damage control will be the only remotely survivable fit for the Talos and Oracle. The Tornado can rely on numbers and sensor boosters/amplifiers in every slot that can't fit a gun in order to kill targets before it even gets locked. The Naga is **** out of luck.
Songbird
#78 - 2011-10-28 13:22:21 UTC
Caldari are the slowest but only before the fits go into the ships.

Both gallente and amarr are armor tankers - plates and armor rigs will slow them down.

Caldari otoh only fear bloated signature.
Cambarus
The Baros Syndicate
#79 - 2011-10-28 15:08:31 UTC
Tefries Lurgoyf wrote:
Tanya Powers wrote:

Hi man.

Let me see here...

Shield tank oneiros *cute. no other comment*

The other one.. is not bad... Until you realize it doesnt bring anything to the table besides repping like the Guardian. And then gets COMPLETLY SMASHED int he FACE with ECM and Neuts. Something REALLY UNCOMMON for sure. Im sure you will pull distance from those neuting ships however with your plate and AB.

Oh were talking about fail FCs now.. Well for one, Carbon Fury and Viper Siz something zle (PL FCs) field the projected ECCM version with great success :)
Deerin, a lot of BUSA members were formely Hull Miners who flew with those FCs in cry havoc. Its possibly they only time a member of BUSA flew an oneiros in a actual non-LOL mannar. *IRONY* hehe

TBH the only oneiros fit I've ever flown is the shield tanked one, but the idea of using it as an ECCM platform makes sense. That said, assuming it works (which tbh it should, not sure why there's so much eccm hate here given that ecm is pretty much the only counter to logis in small-medium gangs), it basically means that the oneiros has 2 useful setups:
1 entails being fast, agile and cap-independant, useful for smaller gangs that insist on armor tanking
1 entails being an eccm provider to help keep the guardians going/stop the cap chains from going down.
BOTH require an abundance of midslots to be viable
BOTH will be nerfed should they move a mid to a low.
Magosian
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2011-10-28 15:43:45 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:

^ Is this Alex? If it is, hi Alex <3

ANYHOW...!

Agreed. Fitting issues were not a major complaint, at least not that I am aware. Not to mention, if fitting issues really existed, it would make a lot more sense to tweak the ships which are geared to use those turrets (which IS what they did a few years back).

If I read the data right, the summary of proposed changes by CCP to make hybrids viable includes:

-making Gallente ships slightly faster (which are still considerably slower than anything sporting autos)
-reducing cap requirements per shot (although autos still require no cap)
-tweaking fitting requirements for hybrids (what??)
-slightly increasing railgun damage (yet range wasn't addressed, hybrids as a whole are still ineffective, thus unappealing)

Projectiles will remain vastly superior. Why? Artillery provides alpha, which further provides the pilot and his friends with extra planning dynamics, such as alpha fleets and suicide ganking. Autocannons are not the kings of dps, but this is often overshadowed due to the flexibility in choosing three of the four damage types available through changing ammunition. Projectiles altogether do not require cap, making them a viable choice for any ship or fleet who relies heavily on buffer tanks or to those who would be otherwise concerned about cap restrictions.

Lasers, while not quite as grandios as projectiles, have enough benefits to also put them significantly above hybrids in terms of preference and effectiveness. Scorch crystals provide what is largely considered the most effective t2 ammo in the game. The instant swapping of crystals only plays to the advantage scorch provides: a very high and linear rate of damage can be applied at ranges outside the norm of short range turrets. Should anything close the gap, the ability to swap from scorch to conflag/faction-multi is HUGE, allowing [pulse] laser turrets the incredible capability to change its effectiveness and dictating combat dynamics instantly. Just as important, lasers happen to have the most significant relationship to racial ship type, as Amarr vessels specialize in armor tanking. Armor is significantly better than shields for large engagements simply because augmented armor buffers often double the effective hitpoints of their shield counterparts. This alone makes lasers the weapon of choice for large fleet engagements. Scorch and instant ammo swapping is just icing on the cake.

So, what does this all mean?

In my eyes, hybrids will still be the red-headed step-child of turrets because they do not answer fundamental questions when fitting ships and planning for combat. Some of those more common questions are below:

alpha? projectiles (artillery)
reducing cap usage? projectiles
flexible damage types? projectiles
compliment/negate neutalizers/repair? projectiles
capital turrets? lasers
prolonged sieging/fleeting? lasers
least logistical headaches? lasers

Specifically speaking to the changes proposed in the OP's link, I get a strong impression CCP still does not understand the underlying weaknesses of hybrids. They are:

-Blasters need to be practical. They either need improved ranges which will allow them to compete with autos and "scorch'd" pulses or they need to be on the fastest ships. It's that simple.

-Railguns, and to a certain degree blasters, need something which fits a niche. Most of the questions every pilot/gang/fleet asks themselves when fitting a ship is, how is using weapon-type X going to give me an advantage on the field? In most cases (shown above), the answer is amost always projectiles or lasers. Hybrids need to be the answer to at least a couple of these questions. Presently, they do not.