These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Preload Ammo while the gun or modul still shuts down

Author
SMOGMAN
Very Drunken Eve Flying Instructors
Brotherhood Of Silent Space
#1 - 2013-01-16 22:48:57 UTC  |  Edited by: SMOGMAN
Hello Eve-Forum,

what do you thing about the idea to specify the type of ammo you want to load next into your gun, before it runs out of it? I think this idea could maybe make PVP a little bit less intense for experienced PVP Players but maybe a bit easier to controle for hectic PVP beginners. This will also help you to minimize the time a module is not activ in a fight because you turned it off a few seconds before and havent been able to load the gun quick enough. In an hectic fight these few seconds spared could determine of win or loss of the game.

I hope you like this idea and leave a bit of feedback.

Regards

Smogman
Mole Guy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-01-18 16:04:37 UTC
so, if i understand you, you're asking for a feature to allow you to right click on a gun, after its shot and is on its down time inbetween shots, and click to change to a different type of ammo so that when the last shot occurs, itll load a different ammo?

that might take a while, in the mean time, switch to amarr lasers. crystals take 1/2 a second to change..=)
Luc Chastot
#3 - 2013-01-18 17:34:15 UTC
It'd work if all it did was to queue the ammo change, so that when the turret cools down you get the ammo change timer.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Mole Guy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-01-18 19:17:53 UTC
it would save you 10 seconds and during pvp, thats a long time without dishing out the pain.

or u could switch to amarr, we dont run out of bullets.. =)
SMOGMAN
#5 - 2013-01-20 19:03:31 UTC
Luc Chastot wrote:
It'd work if all it did was to queue the ammo change, so that when the turret cools down you get the ammo change timer.

Thats what im talking about ^^
SMOGMAN
#6 - 2013-01-23 21:10:24 UTC
I hope the reason why i get such less feedback is not because its so terrible or useless.
SMOGMAN
#7 - 2013-02-23 09:46:29 UTC
push?
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#8 - 2013-02-23 11:16:24 UTC
I'd like to see this. It's really annoying when you fire the last shot and want to change ammo but you've not stopped it in time and it reloads the same ammo, before you can change... It can be worked around quite easily as it is but it would be nice to see implemented.