These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Question for high-SP vets.

Author
Dessau
The Scope
#1 - 2013-02-21 18:33:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Dessau
Did you ever stop playing Skill Queue Online?

In about 270 days, this character will be 'done' training, meaning that all skills pertaining to my interests in EVE will be at trained to V. Due to some periods of sub lapse, this will give me roughly 50M SP on a 3 year character. I don't consider 50M to be high-SP, but it's all I will need, apparently.

The only thing I can think to do at that point is use an empty slot to raise an alt for the Bazaar, but it feels odd that my main will not be training anything.

Anyone else reach this point and care to comment?
BOBHOPE
#2 - 2013-02-21 19:10:41 UTC
Dessau wrote:

but it's all I will need,

Roll
MuteTork
Infantry Division
#3 - 2013-02-21 19:58:11 UTC  |  Edited by: MuteTork
So your saying all support skills and everything is all at 5 and there is no other skills you would ever be interested in training or training for stuff they might release in the future?

You can always create an alt and start training him.
Ze4K DK
Sweet Action
#4 - 2013-02-21 20:00:57 UTC
Im at 111 mil SP and i don't see myself running out of things to train anytime soon.

Whatever you find fun right now, might not be as fun in 6 months.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#5 - 2013-02-21 20:46:18 UTC
Yeah, my main is at 120mil and I have over a year on the current remap planned out. My next map is also at least another year.
Dessau
The Scope
#6 - 2013-02-21 21:14:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dessau
MuteTork wrote:
So your saying all support skills and everything is all at 5 and there is no other skills you would ever be interested in training or training for stuff they might release in the future?

You can always create an alt and start training him.

The first sentence sums it up pretty well, and yeah, selling an alt for ISK was my initial conclusion also. There is the caveat of CCP introducing new Navigation or Defense skills which would give me cause to 'unpause', so point taken.

Ze4K DK wrote:
Whatever you find fun right now, might not be as fun in 6 months.

This is true, but I won't ever be able to 'afford to lose' anything larger than BC, anyway.

I do have to admire the commitment of you gents who have skilled up that much.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2013-02-21 22:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Dessau wrote:

My friend Aandaan (161m) started one day after Dr Caymus (212m), but has 50m less SP as he hasn't always been training (was a hassle pre-skill queue).

Aandaan has been chasing certificates for about a year now, after training to pilot every ship up to titan (those skills are a bit silly in cost).

It drives me batty that he doesn't round-out his skills and get them to at least 4, before say training everything in Electronics and Engineering to 5, but Aandaan tells me he doesn't care, because he doesn't need all those skills anyways; there is a very small set of skills he uses regularly. Aandaan is currently mapped for charisma, chasing some leadership and trade certificates. I was really hoping he'd go through Mechanics instead.

So training may go on, but that doesn't really mean anything once you have all the skills you need to have fun.
Drahcir Nasom
Independent Manufacturers
#8 - 2013-02-22 00:05:12 UTC
I've just passed 200M SP, I still have skill plans totaling over 3 years of optimised training for skills I still want and need. ATM I can't fly capitals, jump freighters, marauders, logistics, exhumers, black ops or command ships, I want to get my leadership skills up and I want to improve my ECM skills.

My second account has 184M SP and there is even more I need to train on him than on this char.

To a certain extent I have been playing Skills Online because this character has always tried to be top of the lvl 5 skills list and my second account is chasing the Eveboard global ranking crown, but I have also tried to train skills I need for my everyday play as well.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#9 - 2013-02-22 02:53:53 UTC
I have 169 mil and still no where near done with combat related skills.

Not sure how you can be done at 50 tbh. You must have very limited needs.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#10 - 2013-02-22 03:14:46 UTC  |  Edited by: RavenPaine
What I would caution against, is at some point, haveing a 5 or 6 year old character with only 50 million SP. I think you might find yourself wondering "What was I thinking?"

I have 3 accounts. All over 100 mil SP, And I train them on quite different skill paths. Many times I find myself thinking that I can do everything in EVE and do it pretty darn well, but i definately still get satisfaction from level V's in many categories.

I have sold a couple of character in the market. I would say , I liked the ISK from the sales, BUT I wouldn't do it very often. For me, the lost training time is more valuable than the ISK I got from the characters.
Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#11 - 2013-02-22 03:18:24 UTC
Drahcir Nasom wrote:
I've just passed 200M SP, I still have skill plans totaling over 3 years of optimised training for skills I still want and need. ATM I can't fly capitals, jump freighters, marauders, logistics, exhumers, black ops or command ships, I want to get my leadership skills up and I want to improve my ECM skills.

My second account has 184M SP and there is even more I need to train on him than on this char.

To a certain extent I have been playing Skills Online because this character has always tried to be top of the lvl 5 skills list and my second account is chasing the Eveboard global ranking crown, but I have also tried to train skills I need for my everyday play as well.

Mag's wrote:

I'd be very curious to see your skill sheets. Would you be ok posting them?
Dessau
The Scope
#12 - 2013-02-22 03:23:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Dessau
Mag's wrote:

This is spot on, actually. I'm low maintenance.

RavenPaine wrote:
What I would caution against, is at some point, haveing a 5 or 6 year old character with only 50 million SP. I think you might find yourself wondering "What was I thinking?"

Good point. In my particular case, while I may grow a bigger bankroll in that time, my position as a player amidst the community will not change, and thus neither will my needs.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#13 - 2013-02-22 03:25:49 UTC
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Drahcir Nasom wrote:

Mag's wrote:

They are indeed ok with it:

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Drahcir_Nasom

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Mag%27s
Inkarr Hashur
Skyline Federation
#14 - 2013-02-22 03:35:39 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Drahcir Nasom wrote:

Mag's wrote:

Why did google-fu never occur to me? Thanks!
Drahcir Nasom
Independent Manufacturers
#15 - 2013-02-23 01:57:28 UTC
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Inkarr Hashur wrote:
Drahcir Nasom wrote:

Mag's wrote:

Why did google-fu never occur to me? Thanks!

And my second account http://eveboard.com/pilot/Batack

Death ToU
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2013-02-23 11:27:08 UTC
Kind of in the same position as you. I only fly frigates don't want to fly anything bigger really, although I can fly plenty Lol

Death ToU

Just setting V's I guess for for however long I can be bothered playing.
Dr Caymus
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#17 - 2013-02-24 00:13:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Dr Caymus
Dessau wrote:

Never! SQO was thrilling. SQO2 became a little less fun and challenging when they added the automated skill queue system, but still a pretty good game and I kept playing! Blink

Dr Caymus
-=ATI=-
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#18 - 2013-02-24 04:53:58 UTC
I stopped even caring if my skill queue ran out occasionally around 15 or 20 mil SP.

Then , everything above the cruiser size category, and even most of that, bores me to tears. So I'm probably the exception there.

(Actually kind of on break at the moment, finally put BS V in the skill queue on principle.)
Riato Hamill
The Old Republic Syndicate
#19 - 2013-02-26 12:34:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Riato Hamill
I don't understand the OPs point at all, or what he is getting at....

EVE is a sandbox that allows you to train skills without physically being in the game,..

The entire thread is pointless to me. This game does not require you to be logged in and killing things to obtain skills and levels so why would you not have anything in your queue. ????
Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#20 - 2013-03-06 23:12:20 UTC
As I have no plans to do capitals on this character I have a feeling "done" will be at around 190m SP so another 2 years to go.
12Next page