These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Planetary Interaction

Author
Omegon Aleutinus
Ascon Research
#1 - 2013-02-22 13:19:03 UTC
How much transport capability is necessary for say 6 planets which make P3 goods? How difficult is logistics going to become if these are in lowsec? Will Blockade Runners suffice?
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#2 - 2013-02-22 13:33:24 UTC
Omegon Aleutinus wrote:
How much transport capability is necessary for say 6 planets which make P3 goods? How difficult is logistics going to become if these are in lowsec? Will Blockade Runners suffice?

Yes. It will suffice, however, the finer details depend on how often do you go there. A typical blocade runner is approx 10 000 m3. So about the same size as your launchpad.

For a larger operation it would really help to just dump the stuff into central station in the system and haul once a month with jump freighter or such.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Nina Buuren
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-02-22 14:41:01 UTC
It really depends on your P3 production planet setup and which P3 you are making. Some P3 products require just two materials and others more.

Let's say with two materials, 24 hour operation of one P3 factory requires 720m3. Multiply this by how many P3 factories you have installed. So if you will be importing ready P2 goods to produce P3, it will be roughly one trip per planet daily.*

If you will be importing P1 materials to produce P2 and then P3 on the same planet, it will be two trips per planet daily.*

*The trip calculations are done with 10,000 m3 cargo hold.

Omegon Aleutinus
Ascon Research
#4 - 2013-02-22 16:41:53 UTC
There is also the fact that I would prefer to put other modules rather than cargo expanders. That is low sec after all.
Toku Jiang
Jiang Laboratories and Discovery
#5 - 2013-02-22 17:34:10 UTC
I guess it really depends on your cycles and PI setup and how often you need to visit your planets. I only tend to mine once a week, but it caters to my setup. I use cloaked blockade runners to do my business.
Mire Stoude
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-02-22 22:37:43 UTC
Lowsec P3's w/ 72 hour cycles takes 2 trips a week (3 planets each) to keep up with it. It's very doable in a blockade runner.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#7 - 2013-02-22 22:48:40 UTC
Keep in mind if you are dumping your output into a customs office for monthly pickup, there's a chance that customs office might get popped and replaced in that time if you are in unsafe space. I get so burned out after a week of PI though that I usually couldn't care less at that point though.