These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CSM 8 Candidate Sort Dragon

Author
MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2013-02-20 14:34:31 UTC
ANOTHER inactive has-been wants a free trip to Iceland to talk about his accomplishments from 2006? No thanks... we've already given you Seleene.
Xander Phoena
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-02-20 15:13:18 UTC
Hey Sort, let me know when you want to arrange a Crossing Zebras interview and we'll make it happen (I'm @midi2304 on twitter btw - we spoke briefly last night).

www.crossingzebras.com

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-02-20 20:19:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
What's your opinion on supercapital proliferation and force projection in this matter?

What do you see could be done to change any aspects, if you desire any change?

EDIT:

What is your opinion on OTEC, and major power blocs currently forcing NIPs to preserve the cartel?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-02-21 14:46:58 UTC
No answer?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2013-02-21 15:04:44 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
No answer?

Ha! Did you really expect him to follow this thread? I'm actually shocked that his accounts are still subbed and that he remembered what his username and password is to login to the forums.

Vote for this guy if you want dudes, but it is a total waste of a seat for someone that only knows what he knows in Eve as it is told to him from the people he talks to on jabber. If you think that Eve would be benefited by it's nullsec representation consisting of a guy that hasn't been in a fleet, gotten a kill or even logged on for anything other than skill changes and tech tower management... then please, by all means support Sort.

Or, you can take it from me, and anyone else that's been in a PL fleet in the past 9 months... Sort doesn't play this game. He's busy playing Eve Online: Jabber. I don't think sort's gotten a kill since Retribution was released. 0.0 will only be benefited by someone that is in the trenches with us.

Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2013-02-21 16:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Sort Dragon
Vincent Gaines wrote:
What's your opinion on supercapital proliferation and force projection in this matter?

What do you see could be done to change any aspects, if you desire any change?

EDIT:

What is your opinion on OTEC, and major power blocs currently forcing NIPs to preserve the cartel?


My apologies last night was a night with the missus ie not eve or any games at all I like having some one warm to snuggle up to at night and people like Missbolyai see that as a weakness and like to see some one in the trenches with them. However no matter how much people try to derail and swear that i do not play I do play eve online I may not always do it on my PL chars but it is known by many that I still play the game sometimes more then i should...

Anyway now that I have gotten that out of the way your questions are interesting and deserve time taken to answer...

What's your opinion on supercapital proliferation and force projection in this matter?

I think the days of supercapital power projection are still around but not as big as before given that the nerf to the drone bay of supers and the nerf to titan guns means you absolutely need a sub cap fleet or at least a carrier based fleet to keep you safe from getting stuck and dying horrible. Do I think force projection is a good thing in eve online, yes I do it promotes evolution of other entities and springs up an arms race where all entities in eve do there best to equip themselves as well as they can.

What do you see could be done to change any aspects, if you desire any change?


This question is such a hard question to answer because of the fact that if i answer it and nothing of what i see could be changed isn't changed then I can be called on for promising something when in fact I am trying to be some one who works with both sides to get things accomplished. I am not trying to go to csm with 1 set thing I want to fix and then leaving everyone disappointed if I do not get it changed. So I cannot fully answer this question sorry.


What is your opinion on OTEC, and major power blocs currently forcing NIPs to preserve the cartel?

As one of the original people who sat at the table and created OTEC I can safely say I like it when myself Vile and a couple of others from PL sat down and made OTEC it was made to protect assets that we (ncdot at the time) had in the north so we could go and fight other entities that we saw fit to fight. The good things with deals like this is they are able to be broken to create great content in the game. NCdot much later after getting so much benefit from otec and filling the war chest decided to break the otec and managed to get a long and bloody war out of it. Right now a new cartel is developing in the south under the banner of NOTEC I am proud to say that I am apart of the creation of this cartel too and it will promote the raising of funds in the south to help create isk for many in the south so not all the wealth in the game can be found in the north...

I hope this answers your questions feel free to post more I do enjoy talking about eve even if i do tend to ramble on...
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-02-21 18:06:53 UTC
I'll accept your answers on agree to disagree on supers, and understandable about time away from Eve, been there myself.

Sort Dragon wrote:


As one of the original people who sat at the table and created OTEC I can safely say I like it when myself Vile and a couple of others from PL sat down and made OTEC it was made to protect assets that we (ncdot at the time) had in the north so we could go and fight other entities that we saw fit to fight. The good things with deals like this is they are able to be broken to create great content in the game. NCdot much later after getting so much benefit from otec and filling the war chest decided to break the otec and managed to get a long and bloody war out of it. Right now a new cartel is developing in the south under the banner of NOTEC I am proud to say that I am apart of the creation of this cartel too and it will promote the raising of funds in the south to help create isk for many in the south so not all the wealth in the game can be found in the north...

I hope this answers your questions feel free to post more I do enjoy talking about eve even if i do tend to ramble on...


From the point of view of someone who is not a part of OTEC, it is a different world and a corruption beyond any scale in Eve.

OTEC alliances control not only the T2 market, but also have enough passive income to enable free carriers to alliance members. It pays the sov bills of hundreds of systems with minimal effort (in comparison to a non OTEC entity).

This much capital coming in gives OTEC members a resounding advantage against anyone but themselves, and even then they would be stupid to turn down such an easy ploy to the game, as NC. discovered... the rest of OTEC would come down on them with a hammer.

For all that don't know about OTEC, it is an agreement between the largest nullsec alliances in the north to not invade each other to preserve passive Tech moon income. As such they have an uninterrupted supply in the billions every single day.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2013-02-21 18:21:04 UTC
Sort Dragon wrote:

My apologies last night was a night with the missus ie not eve or any games at all I like having some one warm to snuggle up to at night and people like Missbolyai see that as a weakness and like to see some one in the trenches with them. However no matter how much people try to derail and swear that i do not play I do play eve online I may not always do it on my PL chars but it is known by many that I still play the game sometimes more then i should...

Anyway now that I have gotten that out of the way your questions are interesting and deserve time taken to answer...


Last night... and every night since you got bored with eve over the last 9 months. If you've spent all the time you've not played eve with your gf, you'd be the father of twenty children by now. I'm not saying that you should sacrifice your social life for eve, but it is entirely possible to have both... I'm sure you've kissed shadoo's ring enough for him to share that secret with you. But since you've claimed that you play eve, allow me to retort:
http://i.imgur.com/oxFNx7O.png

The only character that you've logged on in a month is the one you with which you pay your weekly bills. But, ok. You play eve on other characters as "it is known by many" that you still play the game. Sounds fair... it is possible that people do multiple things with different alliances. Please do me the favor of identifying for us with whom you DO play the game (since it's not the alliance in which the corporation that you are the CEO of belongs). So, please... point those people out that can vouch for your activity.... Because this sure doesn't:
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=Black%20Saint
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=cold%20vendetta
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=fiat%20lux
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=sort%20dragon

War Khan
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2013-02-21 19:30:50 UTC
LOL @ MissBolyai
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#30 - 2013-02-21 21:03:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sort Dragon
MissBolyai wrote:


Last night... and every night since you got bored with eve over the last 9 months. If you've spent all the time you've not played eve with your gf, you'd be the father of twenty children by now. I'm not saying that you should sacrifice your social life for eve, but it is entirely possible to have both... I'm sure you've kissed shadoo's ring enough for him to share that secret with you. But since you've claimed that you play eve, allow me to retort:
http://i.imgur.com/oxFNx7O.png

The only character that you've logged on in a month is the one you with which you pay your weekly bills. But, ok. You play eve on other characters as "it is known by many" that you still play the game. Sounds fair... it is possible that people do multiple things with different alliances. Please do me the favor of identifying for us with whom you DO play the game (since it's not the alliance in which the corporation that you are the CEO of belongs). So, please... point those people out that can vouch for your activity.... Because this sure doesn't:
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=Black%20Saint
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=cold%20vendetta
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=fiat%20lux
https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_pilot.php?id=sort%20dragon



Wow moving on to personal insults now against some one who has not even presented themselves in my campaign is sad to see. Its sad to see when some one cannot keep a debate to facts and not try to drag people in who do not deserve it.

For all that should know I have between 10 to 20 accounts and with these accounts I am logged into eve quite frequently. Through these accounts I keep updated with what goes on in eve from within Pandemic Legion and from outside of Pandemic Legion. The sad fact is I play this game way too much and the reason I decided to go for csm is because I believed that my hobby should move to the next level and I should help make my hobby into something special. If you want to go back 9 months ago then sure 9 months ago I also started my own business IRL having this experience did take me away from eve for a small time but only a matter of weeks as I set up my company to be the thriving thing that it is now. I am successful IRL, I am successful in eve the reasoning for this is because I know what works in eve as i know what works in the business world. I want to bring these skills that I have into the csm and help benefit both parties I will represent like I would represent my company and my clients interests in the business world.

The fact is if you do not like my actions as running for csm in this election that is fine but if you believe you could do a better job maybe you yourself could run for csm and see how you hold up in the big world of politics. If not then I believe you are just another Paris Hilton propped up for way too long and when it comes down to the whistle being blown and time to put you foot on the line and stand up and mean something you won't. But the sad truth is like her you will like her probably forget to vote anyway.

As for your favor the answer is no I will not give you other people to bug and derail and try to drag through the mud like you have attempted here. Eve Online is not just about kills it is a thriving environment where all sides fight to survive that does not mean just killing that means survival through industry espionage and business and other aspects like are in the outside world, there is a reason why eve is unique and why it is more then a game where you login and shoot people. I run to represent not only the pvpers but the industrialists the spies the money makers the traders all the people that make the game of eve online what it is. You may rate a pilots wealth on how many people they have killed in this game but i value a pilots wealth on what they bring to this game not just who they shoot in it.

Good day to you sir.
Sameyaa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2013-02-21 23:29:15 UTC
Sort "t-rex" Dragon, best dragon!

Bump for best CSM canidate so far
Xander Phoena
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-02-22 01:08:18 UTC
I interviewed Sort as part of the Crossing Zebras CSM8 Election Interviews. You can all have a listen by clicking this here link:

http://c-z.me/csm8sortdragon

www.crossingzebras.com

Oxente
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-02-22 05:19:57 UTC
I would like it to be known that Sort Dragon does not have the support of the Pandemic Legion community. Our official candidate is BlueMajere, who will be making a bid soon.

We don't need more inactive players on the CSM.
MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Goonswarm Federation
#34 - 2013-02-22 05:33:29 UTC
Sort Dragon wrote:
words


There was no personal insult to Shadoo, and the fact that you think there was is a sound indicator of how detached you really are from eve. I brought up Shadoo as someone with a family that is arguably one of the three most influential people in this game, and he still has time to manage both. The fact that you have a girlfriend is commendable; however, it is a poor excuse for inactivity... as proven by Shadoo. You spend most of your time on our IRC stroking him off, I figure he'd tell you. RL and Eve can be tricky to manage.

You don't have to convince me, or anyone, that you are "logged into eve quite frequently." I know that you do, I see your bills come into the alliance wallet and you can't do that out of game. I agree, you do log in quite frequently. My contention is that you do not log in to do anything other than basic management of corp finances and that you do not actively participate in anything that the alliance you tried so hard to get into currently does. I get it. Eve is a tough game to keep interest in beyond certain points, and that disinterest can give way to general lack of desire to play. That is the exact same problem that Seleene faced. Unfortunately, you don't have the pedigree that propelled Seleene to the front of the ticket. Seleene has forgotten more about eve than you will ever know, and even he struggled to get a spot in the top 7. Inactivity matters, and your inability to speak to any activity other than logging onto your wallet char to distribute isk tells more than you want it to.

I am also happy that you're looking to take your "hobby" to the next level. When I hear you say that, it reminds me of the time you told me that you were going to develop a guide for PL supercap pilots on what the optimal fittings and fleet hierarchy should be in a supercap fight. You told me that you were looking for something to focus your attention towards and that this project would help the alliance since you were too inactive to help in game. A reminder from January 5th, 2013:

(11:44:12 PM) Sort_Dragon: hey mate you around?
(11:44:23 PM) MissBolyai: yap
(11:44:30 PM) Sort_Dragon: mind if i pick your brain a bit?
(11:44:40 PM) Sort_Dragon: you did the implant thing right?
(11:44:41 PM) Sort_Dragon: for supeers
(11:44:44 PM) MissBolyai: np
(11:44:46 PM) MissBolyai: yeah
(11:45:08 PM) Sort_Dragon: I am looking to do similar but with regards to fits and skills to actually effectivly use titans and supers
(11:45:13 PM) Sort_Dragon: like shield armor cap stuff
(11:45:24 PM) Sort_Dragon: I just spoke to thunk he gave me the stuff i need to do
(11:47:30 PM) Sort_Dragon: yea i feel I have nothing really to do ingame I like fcing but not much room for me now so wanted to do something that would help alliance ingame and supers is my specialty so wanted to do this
(11:47:43 PM) Sort_Dragon: as i think alot of our supers are probably lacking **** to actually be effective
(11:47:55 PM) Sort_Dragon: I wouldnt be suprised if alot of them canot use remote reps
(11:48:08 PM) MissBolyai: yeah
(11:48:10 PM) Sort_Dragon: or not have carrier 5 or fb5 and such
(11:48:15 PM) MissBolyai: it's actually kinda lollin
(11:48:23 PM) MissBolyai: seeing how bad our supers are collectively
(11:48:37 PM) Sort_Dragon: yea I just think would be good idea to do

How'd that project go? Oh that's right, you never did it. What that says to me is that you get grand ideas of projects and things that would be helpful, but when it comes time to put in the work, you go do other things. Which, again, is completely fine for anyone except someone seeking to represent the rest of us that actually do play this game, and that put time and effort into improving things in our own areas. It seems to me that you have, at best the beginnings of a pattern of biting off more than you chew, then instead of trying to swallow it or spit it back out, you just sit there with it in your mouth. That's hardly "leading from the front."

I'm glad you were successful IRL, and I'm glad that you think you're successful in eve. However, your knowledge of the business world has next to no bearing on your knowledge of a video game. In fact, I dare say that that is one of the most absurd connections I've ever heard someone make as the skill sets are not even in the same ballpark. I doubt I will ever hear Bill Gates say, "I built Mircosoft, so I'm probably pretty good at Starcraft." Do you think that the CEO of CCP could explain how titan's were imbalanced?

I'll leave you with this:

February 2nd:
(12:21:32 PM) Sort_Dragon: so i dunno if you like to troll or if i am just an easy target from time to time but the thing you said in the csm thread are you trolling or being serioes?
(12:22:07 PM) MissBolyai: I like a csm that's active in game
(12:22:26 PM) Sort_Dragon: I am not really inactive though i log in daily quite alot
(12:22:43 PM) Sort_Dragon: I just dont talk about it and i like people thinking i am inactive
(12:22:46 PM) MissBolyai: do you consider yourself active?
(12:22:51 PM) Sort_Dragon: yes
(12:22:55 PM) Sort_Dragon: i also dont shoot anything
(12:22:58 PM) Sort_Dragon: on fleets
(12:23:03 PM) MissBolyai: you'd get purged from snigg
(12:23:05 PM) MissBolyai: jfyi
(12:23:09 PM) MissBolyai: with that activity
(12:23:37 PM) Sort_Dragon: thats fair enough but i literally havent shot things in 3 years unless its a slow cat and i have to
(12:23:40 PM) Sort_Dragon: outside of cap kills ofc


Sorry dude. You're just not worth the votes.

#littup
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2013-02-22 06:58:08 UTC
You're correct then I guess the personal insults were based at me, my mistake.

This basically means you have no interest in anymore debate you just intend to keep dragging me through the mud so no matter what I say you will just keep going. I am still going to run for csm and no amount of a smear campaign or how much mud slinging you do will keep me from this, if you do not want to vote for me simply do not.

I leave you with logs from our alliance channel on IRC

[05:35] Dvomayn: MissBolyai dropping the ******* mic on sort's csm thread
[05:36] MissBolyai: Dvomayn: I'm sure I'll get pm'd about it
[05:36] MissBolyai: but maybe not now that I put logs

This is basically a way for Missboylai to get a raise out of me and after being told by multiple people higher in pl then himself to leave him alone and let the troll have time in the sun. I will not keep this up and will not reply to any more of this persons posts...
Oxente
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-02-22 07:28:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxente
You do not however refute your complete lack of eligibility for the post of CSM rep nor indicate what you would actually provide to the post as a permanently afk member of the EVE community (read nothing). The community at large has already sent Seleene repeatedly to the CSM and he hasn't done anything in eve since 2010, they don't want another.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-02-22 13:22:57 UTC
I'd like to nominate this thread for the best political trainwreck of 2013.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#38 - 2013-02-22 15:52:38 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
I'd like to nominate this thread for the best political trainwreck of 2013.


What about good ol'd Nocturnal Canine's?

http://www.wormholes.info

MissBolyai
ElitistOps
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2013-02-22 16:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: MissBolyai
Sort Dragon wrote:
You're correct then I guess the personal insults were based at me, my mistake.

This basically means you have no interest in anymore debate you just intend to keep dragging me through the mud so no matter what I say you will just keep going. I am still going to run for csm and no amount of a smear campaign or how much mud slinging you do will keep me from this, if you do not want to vote for me simply do not.

I leave you with logs from our alliance channel on IRC

[05:35] Dvomayn: MissBolyai dropping the ******* mic on sort's csm thread
[05:36] MissBolyai: Dvomayn: I'm sure I'll get pm'd about it
[05:36] MissBolyai: but maybe not now that I put logs

This is basically a way for Missboylai to get a raise out of me and after being told by multiple people higher in pl then himself to leave him alone and let the troll have time in the sun. I will not keep this up and will not reply to any more of this persons posts...

You can keep trying to make this about "Missbolyai is so mean to me," but the reality is that nothing I've said is incorrect whereas everything you've said is largely irrelevant. I'll take your failure to respond to a single assertion made about your activity level to indicate that you don't contest them.

I'll say it again, in case you haven't been able to grasp the message of my posts: you are not a good candidate for the CSM because you are not an active player of the game and because you like to take on big projects but fail to complete them. Speaking of which... how's that list of things you'd like to change or improve coming? I know it is a difficult thing to articulate, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing yours. More specifically, I'm looking forward to finding out who's ideas you have passed off as your own as you have next to no in game experience over the last year.

January 10th, 2013:
(3:09:48 PM) Sort_Dragon: kk np np when i am active again ill ask for them again
(3:11:34 PM) MissBolyai: why aren't you active now
(3:16:48 PM) Sort_Dragon: bored ****less right now and way to many active fcs right now
(3:17:15 PM) MissBolyai: no such thing m8
(3:17:43 PM) Sort_Dragon: also in november and december i was traveling alot
(3:17:57 PM) Sort_Dragon: and now days I just dont really know what to do I have no real focus
(3:18:05 PM) Sort_Dragon: I am kinda an objective kinda guy
(3:18:10 PM) Sort_Dragon: go take this region kinda thing
(3:19:20 PM) Sort_Dragon: so i will wait till hedliner burns out then run a campaign to **** on some one

I'd given you a project 5 days before that, and you still haven't done anything about it (almost 2 months later). Don't be ashamed, a lot of people get excited at the prospect of doing something until it's time to put in the work. I've yet to see anything from you to indicate that you are capable of anything other than flaking away from anything that takes real commitment. I hate spoilering things, but here's a spoiler: the CSM takes commitment.
Sort Dragon
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#40 - 2013-02-22 17:11:13 UTC
I apologies for the mud slinging gone on in this thread I am not running as a pl candidate Sala Cameron is the PL candidate who if both of us are elected I would love to work with as he has similar thoughts as I do...

Unfortunately I cannot remove the pl fanboys from this thread. I do not believe only kills give a pilots worth so I have nothing to say to anything these people have to say logs or not...

Thank you to those who still support my campaign...