These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Free Damar Rocarion

Author
Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#21 - 2013-02-22 14:36:41 UTC
Free Damar!

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

flyingdank pocket
Doomheim
#22 - 2013-02-22 14:37:36 UTC
Free damar!
Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2013-02-22 15:02:45 UTC
So, let me see if I understood this: a man goes into a high-security system, kills several bystanders, and then is taken by police forces, no? And you're surprised police participated in it? I don't like the Federation, but a murderer is a murderer wherever he may be, and has to make up for his crimes.

I don't see a problem here, nor in Caine's improsionment.

Oh, and, by the way, the repeating of the same line once and once again doesn't prove a point.

Sepherim Catillah Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Liuteneant Ex-Imperial Navy Imperator Commander

Desiderya
Blue Canary
Watch This
#24 - 2013-02-22 15:14:25 UTC
Sepherim wrote:
So, let me see if I understood this: a man goes into a high-security system, kills several bystanders, and then is taken by police forces, no? And you're surprised police participated in it? I don't like the Federation, but a murderer is a murderer wherever he may be, and has to make up for his crimes.

Several things:
1) Bystanders means capsuleers. If CONCORD rules get violated CONCORD steps in as punishment.
2) It is hinted at that in this particular case 'bystanders' means TLF and FDU elements, which as you might know from your own RoE, or at least I hope so, are not limited to low-security space. Hostilities between militia pilots can and will break out even in high security space.

I suggest you report yourself in as a murderer then, too, or are you just part of the 24th IC in name and not deed?

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-02-22 15:26:55 UTC
I am aware of those facts, indeed, and I understand that they are the reason CONCORD didn't intervene. But if I were a security officer in the Amarr Empire, I'd surely take down those I could that have threatened peace in my space, without paying heed to CONCORD. Of course, this captain Damar will probably be freed soon for this, as the Federation holds no jurisdiction, but I still think it was positive.

We are not above the laws, we are not above the empires. And there is a valid war zone were we should focus our combats, and not just go around pointlessly killing anyone we like just because they're "on the other side". If he was so involved with the war, he should have been taking plexes in the war theater, where he'd done more good than attacking a few pilots in high-security space.

That's why I think he's a murderer: for his objective was not to further the cause of his side in war, but just to produce empty and needless deaths. And that's what differentiates us both, I remain in the war zone, thus I'm not a murderer but a soldier.

Sepherim Catillah Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Liuteneant Ex-Imperial Navy Imperator Commander

Flyingleanpocket
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#26 - 2013-02-22 15:30:05 UTC
Free Damar!
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#27 - 2013-02-22 15:39:44 UTC
Actually, Sepharim, the average capsuleer is exactly above the law. The worst thing that the law can do according to CONCORD is to blow up his ship... which is really more a death sentence to the capsuleers crew, and a fine for the capsuleer.

Other than that, the empire navies will occasionally chase you if you have either been exceedingly bad to other capsuleers, or if you have happened to sign up for one of the factions in the faction war that they don't happen to agree with. The punishment remains the same, however. Execution for your crew, a minor inconvenience for you.

Very, very rarely, CONCORD will revoke a pilots license, either temporarily or permanently, but I haven't the faintest idea of the rules by which they operate. Neither do you.
Sakkar Arenith
Kenmei Corporation
#28 - 2013-02-22 15:49:00 UTC
Free Damar!
Desiderya
Blue Canary
Watch This
#29 - 2013-02-22 16:24:27 UTC
Captain Sepharim,

I think telling Damar Rocarion to "go take complexes" is ludicrous, given the man's track record.
My personal advice is to fire your military advisor or whoever has trained you in these matters, because viewing the destruction of hostile vessels as 'pointless' is remarkably missing the point.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Jev North
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-02-22 17:06:00 UTC
Indeed. Shooting the other for no reason other than wearing the wrong uniform is why it's called war to begin with. If your reasons for witholding fire go beyond tactical, strategical, or basic humanitarian reasons, you're not fighting a war -- you're playing at one, or at best, doing some kind of police action.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a legitimate way to approach the militia conflict yourself -- I personally don't have as much affinity for the maximum-attrition style of warfare as I should, perhaps. It's just rather far-fetched to accuse Rocarion of malversations when he's simply fighting a declared enemy to the maximum extent of his insight, ability and the CEWPA. You may criticise him for where he goes beyond that framework, perhaps, although I've yet to hear exactly where and how he did so.

Even though our love is cruel; even though our stars are crossed.

Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#31 - 2013-02-22 18:28:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Seriphyn Inhonores
Damar Rocarion broke several CRC regulations. It's the usual tripe from him.

((ie. accusing people of sending him death threats, calling him a paedophile. Same stuff going on for around 4 years. Oh and calling people f***ers and all that))
Jev North
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-02-22 19:24:59 UTC
Ah, well. CRC trouble? That's on his own head, certainly.

Even though our love is cruel; even though our stars are crossed.

Seriphyn Inhonores
Elusenian Cooperative
#33 - 2013-02-22 19:28:11 UTC
I suspect because he has had his communications muted repeatedly by the CRC in the past (of which I can attest to personally being responsible for) is the only reason why they temporarily revoked his pilot license wholesale. I doubt it would have happened if he hadn't got previous CRC violations on his record.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#34 - 2013-02-22 20:14:41 UTC
Free Damar!

He's so entertaining.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Angelina Solette
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-02-22 20:15:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
***Unfortunately this message was scrambled beyond recognition by sudden energy emissions of unknown origin interfering with the subspace transmission frequency it was send on. We truly apologise for this inconvenience. ISD Ezwal.***
Rabugento
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-02-22 20:18:56 UTC
Free Damar!! Bear
Sihti
Nasranite Watch
#37 - 2013-02-22 21:47:21 UTC
Free Damar!
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#38 - 2013-02-22 23:13:12 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Am i missing something, whats the story behind this or some old news i don't remember because they are irrelevant.

Apparently they're handing out free Damars somewhere. I wonder if they have any strawberry ones left?

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Davlos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-02-22 23:41:51 UTC
Get your free Damar today! You may choose from your favorite corpsicle flavor including strawberry, Tears of Rage™, chocolate, Asperger's Enzyme™, vanilla, and the all-time favorite, Warp Core Stabilizer Glee™.

Get your free Damar in its glorious frozen stickiness, while stocks last!
Sepherim
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2013-02-23 01:43:57 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Actually, Sepharim, the average capsuleer is exactly above the law. The worst thing that the law can do according to CONCORD is to blow up his ship... which is really more a death sentence to the capsuleers crew, and a fine for the capsuleer.

Other than that, the empire navies will occasionally chase you if you have either been exceedingly bad to other capsuleers, or if you have happened to sign up for one of the factions in the faction war that they don't happen to agree with. The punishment remains the same, however. Execution for your crew, a minor inconvenience for you.

Very, very rarely, CONCORD will revoke a pilots license, either temporarily or permanently, but I haven't the faintest idea of the rules by which they operate. Neither do you.

True, that is so. Which doesn't mean I have to like it, nor do I have to consider it enough. CONCORD rarely works well, and specially when it mattered, it failed to prevent a war. So no, no love lost here for it, if the federation decides to police in a stricter way, I'll understand it. I certainly hope the Empire will do so too.

Desiderya wrote:
I think telling Damar Rocarion to "go take complexes" is ludicrous, given the man's track record.
My personal advice is to fire your military advisor or whoever has trained you in these matters, because viewing the destruction of hostile vessels as 'pointless' is remarkably missing the point.

I don't care for captain Rocarion's track record. I care for the war front. An enemy ship destroyed will be replaced, so it only weakens the enemy in a small and temporary fashion. Taking control of a system, or preventing an enemy from doing so, is what matters in war: not only does it boost your whole faction, it also is what measures where things stand and arranges who gets to manage the planet's population.

Ours is a war that is fought with deaths and killing, but the point is not to be the last one standing, but the one owning space.

Previous page123Next page