These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

CCP player gathering in Boston, March 23rd

First post First post
Author
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-02-22 10:39:05 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Pilots and Mercs,

CCP will be at PAX East (booth 936) and we're inviting players in the area to join us for a gathering at Jillian's Lucky Strike at 20:00 local time on Saturday March 23rd.

Please sign up on our Eventbrite site so we can keep a tally of attendees. Also let us know if you're coming here in the thread so we know which space heroes to expect!

As we have limited space, we'd like to ask you to please only sign up on Eventbrite if you are likely to show up.

There will be snacks and drinks and devs (only some of those are for consumption).

Our friends at Razer will be giving some of their great products to a lucky few.

Devs in attendance include:
CCP Unifex - Executive producer for EVE Online
CCP Guard - EVE Community Developer
CCP Dolan - Community Representative
CCP Frame Eterne - DUST Community Representative
CCP Menzo - Director of Corporate Communications

Local directions

Non-local directions

See you there!

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Sir HappyPants
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-02-22 11:22:05 UTC
Signed up! Also, are we allowed to bring +1? My wife will be with me, but she does not play Eve.
Member of the #TweetFleet   @thisurlnotfound
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#3 - 2013-02-22 11:44:25 UTC
I'll be there. I wonder if CCP Unifex and I can run this place out of booze like we did at Gorillan in December?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Morwen Lagann
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#4 - 2013-02-22 12:38:08 UTC
Won't be going to PAX, but I can definitely make this. :3

Morwen Lagann

CEO, Tyrathlion Interstellar

Coordinator, Arataka Research Consortium

Owner, The Golden Masque

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2013-02-22 13:47:57 UTC
Sir HappyPants wrote:
Signed up! Also, are we allowed to bring +1? My wife will be with me, but she does not play Eve.


Bring her along but I'll have a 30 day trial code for her :)

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Gah'Matar
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-02-22 14:45:55 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Bring her along but I'll have a 30 day trial code for her :)


Devs get 30 days trial codes? So unfair.
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#7 - 2013-02-22 14:49:29 UTC
Probably will be there, seeing whether we can have 4 people or more from SOUND there (most of my corp is from Boston).

I fight for the freedom of my people.

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2013-02-22 16:09:11 UTC
Morwen Lagann wrote:
Won't be going to PAX, but I can definitely make this. :3


Just so it's clear, you don't have to be a PAX attendee to join us for this. Just be an EVE bro or a DUST bro.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Ethan Revenant
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#9 - 2013-02-22 17:32:41 UTC
It's party time!
Callic Veratar
#10 - 2013-02-22 17:38:31 UTC
Ticket bought!
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#11 - 2013-02-22 17:39:59 UTC
Ethan Revenant wrote:
It's party time!


http://nedroid.com/2009/05/party-cat-full-series/

Burseg Sardaukar
Sardaukar Merc Guild
General Tso's Alliance
#12 - 2013-02-22 17:48:12 UTC
I'll be there. Finally, a game at PAX I give a damn about, so I don't feel like I paid 60 bucks just to see the Protomen. (which is ALMOST worth it, but still...)

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#13 - 2013-02-22 18:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Sir HappyPants
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-02-22 19:18:28 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Sir HappyPants wrote:
Signed up! Also, are we allowed to bring +1? My wife will be with me, but she does not play Eve.


Bring her along but I'll have a 30 day trial code for her :)


Excellent! Thanks!

Also, will we be able to buy Eve swag at the booth at PAX? Very happy that you guys have a booth this year! Previous years had a distinct lack of CCP on the floor! Probably too late for a panel, but I know tons of people who ::want:: to play Eve, but they are overwhelmed by the learning curve (cliff) that people feel Eve has. Would be great to have a "This is Eve" panel for people who are interested in the game to go and ask questions!
Member of the #TweetFleet   @thisurlnotfound
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2013-02-22 19:42:48 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Sir HappyPants wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Sir HappyPants wrote:
Signed up! Also, are we allowed to bring +1? My wife will be with me, but she does not play Eve.


Bring her along but I'll have a 30 day trial code for her :)


Excellent! Thanks!

Also, will we be able to buy Eve swag at the booth at PAX? Very happy that you guys have a booth this year! Previous years had a distinct lack of CCP on the floor! Probably too late for a panel, but I know tons of people who ::want:: to play Eve, but they are overwhelmed by the learning curve (cliff) that people feel Eve has. Would be great to have a "This is Eve" panel for people who are interested in the game to go and ask questions!


We won't be able to arrange an EVE panel but we may be involved in other panels, more on that soon ;)

But anyone who wants to learn about EVE or DUST can come by the booth and pick our brains and see what we have to show. We'll have plenty of time for the New Eden curious :)

Regarding $wag, I doubt we'll have a running store because we're in the process of setting up with a new partner at the moment, but I don't want to knock it off the table. I'll find out and get back to you or someone else will jump in and confirm or deny.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Callic Veratar
#16 - 2013-02-22 20:55:19 UTC
Just did a quick look, it seems that the shuttle to the Hilton Boston Bay Back will be the easiest way to get there from the convention center:

Linky

It's a 10 minute walk, but better than a $30 cab.
Sir HappyPants
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-02-22 21:26:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir HappyPants
Callic Veratar wrote:
Just did a quick look, it seems that the shuttle to the Hilton Boston Bay Back will be the easiest way to get there from the convention center:

Linky

It's a 10 minute walk, but better than a $30 cab.


Or you could walk from the convention center to South Station. Hop on the Red Line inbound to Park. Transfer to any green line outbound train except E Line and get off at Kenmore Square. From there, walk over to Fenway Park and Jillians is next door.
Member of the #TweetFleet   @thisurlnotfound
Czernobog Eriker
Chronos Evolution
#18 - 2013-02-24 15:57:43 UTC
I'll be there, and probably will be bringing my SO with me .
Sayyadina Drain
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2013-02-26 19:16:37 UTC
RSVP'd Big smile
EchoZer0
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2013-02-26 20:42:40 UTC
Rsvp'd +1 for my friend (although she doesnt currently play eve), my corp ceo may also be present for this.
123Next pageLast page