These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Leopold Caine found guilty of all charges by Shandian Iu court.

Author
Khanton Angka
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-02-21 18:51:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanton Angka
Today in a court on the Shandian Iu, Jotun; Leopold Caine plead guilty to all charges today at 1800 Standard time.

He was found guilty of; Desecration of a Shandian Iu holy site, enslavement of Republic Citizens including; 1 Starkmanir, 3 Shandian Iu, 19 Vherokior, 12 Krusual and 8 Thukker, armed assault on a minor trade station resulting in the deaths of Many of the Minmatar, aiding the Angel Cartel; a known enemy of the Republic and people trafficking.

In order to help reduce the risk of attack, Leopold Caine is to be moved to an undisclosed location.

Due to the immortality of capsuleers, he was sentenced to a life sentence until death by illness or age claims his evil soul.

During the court session he came out with such whining as;

[ 2013.02.21 17:58:16 ] Khanton Angka How do you pleade on all charges?
[ 2013.02.21 17:59:17 ] Leopold Caine > /emote looks over at the observer, then shrugs with a light smile. "Would you allow me to tell you a story instead, your honour?"
[ 2013.02.21 18:00:04 ] Khanton Angka > No. We wish to hear whether you pleade guilty, helpless or innocent to each charge.
[ 2013.02.21 18:00:04 ] Leopold Caine > "Do you know what a rabbit is?"
[ 2013.02.21 18:00:38 ] Leopold Caine > /emote grins. "Just shut the **** up and listen to my story... please?"

[ 2013.02.21 18:01:27 ] Khanton Angka Mr Caine, you will speak with respect in this court and answer questions as they are asked. No exceptions.
[ 2013.02.21 18:01:48 ] Leopold Caine > I AM STILL TALKING.

[ 2013.02.21 18:20:25 ] Leopold Caine > "I am the Domination Malakim of Fua, and you and your henchmen can go **** themselves."

We are glad to have had the opportunity to bring this Cartel dog, slaver this Nidhoggur to justice before our clan, for the good of New Eden.
Khazarn Areth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-02-21 18:54:37 UTC
Im sure Mr Caine's imprisonment wont last too long.

Bloody Omir's coming back Monsters from the endless black Wading through a crimson flood Omir's come to drink your blood

Cynthia Gallente
Phoenix Foundry
New Eden Syndicate
#3 - 2013-02-21 19:05:13 UTC
The court was a circus, I can't believe this is being upheld.

Post with your lick™

Khanton Angka
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-02-21 19:09:54 UTC
Your behaving like a child and having to be forcibly removed, did not help. Cynthia.
Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#5 - 2013-02-21 19:11:08 UTC
Angka, this will likely end with a round between your eyes. You might consider getting your friends and family some place safe.

I doubt Caine will be feeling merciful when he's out.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Alizabeth Vea
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-02-21 19:12:42 UTC
Sentencing a capsuleer to death is . . . well there is not much point to it.

Retainer of Lady Newelle and House Sarum.

"Those who step into the light shall be redeemed, the sins of their past cleansed, so that they may know salvation." -Empress Jamyl Sarum I

Virtue. Valor. Victory.

Safai
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-02-21 19:27:47 UTC
Alizabeth Vea wrote:

Which is why Lord Caine was sentenced to lifetime imprisonment and not a death penalty. The idea being to detain him—alive, that is—for as long as possible. The best one could do, really; at the least it will test his patience.

Poke holes in that plan instead, but it sounds far more grim to me than a simple removal from New Eden entirely.
Khanton Angka
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-02-21 19:30:28 UTC
Safai wrote:
Alizabeth Vea wrote:

Which is why Lord Caine was sentenced to lifetime imprisonment and not a death penalty. The idea being to detain him—alive, that is—for as long as possible. The best one could do, really; at the least it will test his patience..

This is why he will live out his days on suicide watch with a medical team on standby. The Shandian Iu have members reaching 170 years of age, if there's something we do well, it is prolong life.
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#9 - 2013-02-21 19:51:13 UTC
Maybe I'm behind a bit on current technology but in the absence of a Transneural Burning Scanner, I believe a death penalty would be quite effective.

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#10 - 2013-02-21 19:56:51 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Maybe I'm behind a bit on current technology but in the absence of a Transneural Burning Scanner, I believe a death penalty would be quite effective.

Only in terminating that instance of Leopold. Another copy would awaken with memories until his last backup.

You idiot.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Cynthia Gallente
Phoenix Foundry
New Eden Syndicate
#11 - 2013-02-21 20:00:18 UTC
Khanton Angka wrote:
Your behaving like a child and having to be forcibly removed, did not help. Cynthia.

That doesn't make your court any less of a circus.

Post with your lick™

Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#12 - 2013-02-21 20:11:33 UTC
Silas Vitalia wrote:
Edaine Numenor wrote:

Only in terminating that instance of Leopold. Another copy would awaken with memories until his last backup.

Only if the Cortex Reconstructor technology has changed.

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Gosakumori Noh
End Of Mankind
#13 - 2013-02-21 21:17:49 UTC
Has it been established that this Shangri La'La is not just another subsidiary of the Cartel? It seems like an awfully effective way to acquire product. Hmmm. Maybe I should set up a juvenile hall on Sebbie Prime....
Lucius Vindictus
Arachnos
#14 - 2013-02-21 21:26:21 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Only if the Cortex Reconstructor technology has changed.

Indeed. I doubt the prison cell includes convenient amenities such as a device to make a brain scan at the moment of death.

You just made me realize how shockingly little I truly understand about the cloning process. Especially now that we see all these mercenaries running around with tech that works similar but not the same as our own.

I will assume that the moment mister Caine last left his capsule as his 'true self', his new experiences stopped being transmitted to his 'clone self'.

I don't doubt that it is possible... to force-activate his 'clone self' in the state it was on the exact moment Leopold was arrested and forced to leave his pod as his 'true self'. I wonder though... would his clone contract allow the activation of the clone through any other way than a transneural scan?
Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#15 - 2013-02-21 21:31:01 UTC
My point children,

is that when a capsuleer meets an unlikely death out-of-capsule, CONCORD is notified, and the next available medical clone is activated. Said clone only contains memories up-to the point of the last backup.

This is an entirely different situation than your typical pod-destruction/death transmission.

So our dear imprisoned Mr. Caine, should he live in prison for 50 years and then be killed.... the activated medical clone will have no knowledge of the previous Leopold in prison. Savvy?

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
#16 - 2013-02-21 22:02:04 UTC
All this focus on suffering and punishment seems to miss one of the most important function of imprisonment: reform and rehabilitation.

Give me mr. Caine for 50 years, and I'll make a new man and more morally sound man out of him.

Lasairiona
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2013-02-21 23:31:31 UTC
Having attended, I have to say, Mr. Caine plead guilty. The court can hardly be a circus if the accused admits to his acts.
Gosakumori Noh
End Of Mankind
#18 - 2013-02-22 00:39:50 UTC
Anyway, if the transcript is to be believed, I think I know what all this is about, then. I've been dabbling in informorphology since the middling of Arek'Jambalaya. My quartet of research agents has... oh my goodness, that's a lot of data! Now, I've been using sheep (Athran karakul to be exact, just the cutest little balls of fluffy white wool, if ever my boys would leave them alone... don't make mummy get the hose!), instead of pirates, but where was I? Fornication, Sebiestor underwear models, debauchery, oh yes...

Infomorphology.

Leo can charm the piercings out of a Gallente homecoming princess. What you've got there is some hapless schizophrenic sod jumper cabled into one the devil's old clones.

Meanwhile, another dangerous madman is anonymous and on the lose in the cluster - exciting!
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#19 - 2013-02-22 00:40:49 UTC
I hope he's well guarded.
BloodBird
Plutonia Authority
#20 - 2013-02-22 01:42:08 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
I hope he's well guarded.

You don't like competitors, Angel?

123Next page