These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Wormhole Primaries

First post
Author
Klarion Sythis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-02-14 16:04:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Klarion Sythis
Well, I look forward to that dev blog then. I hope the new system is capable of getting a wormhole candidate in even with the number of people running.

Speaking of which, the number of people running tells me that a lot of people are just doing this to feel important. If all of the candidates were actually just concerned with seeing W-Space's interests represented then I guess no one has faith in anyone else's abilities. I hope you guys realize the **** show you've volunteered for. You're almost certainly not going to be loved no matter what you do and your skin thickness should make a rhino feel inadequate.

Good luck.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#22 - 2013-02-14 16:21:02 UTC
But everyone loves me!

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#23 - 2013-02-14 16:25:37 UTC
Two step wrote:
But everyone loves me!


Bear
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#24 - 2013-02-14 22:26:25 UTC
Klarion Sythis wrote:
Well, I look forward to that dev blog then. I hope the new system is capable of getting a wormhole candidate in even with the number of people running.

Speaking of which, the number of people running tells me that a lot of people are just doing this to feel important. If all of the candidates were actually just concerned with seeing W-Space's interests represented then I guess no one has faith in anyone else's abilities. I hope you guys realize the **** show you've volunteered for. You're almost certainly not going to be loved no matter what you do and your skin thickness should make a rhino feel inadequate.

Good luck.


This isn't about me being on the CSM. This is about making sure people are represented--not just the C5/C6 crowd, but the C1-C4s as well. Hence my platform.

I also really wish WH primaries would happen (though it seems like they are not), because I'd have no problem stepping down, as long as there was a single candidate left that all of wormhole space would rally behind.

http://www.wormholes.info

Phaderift
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#25 - 2013-02-14 22:54:22 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Klarion Sythis wrote:
Well, I look forward to that dev blog then. I hope the new system is capable of getting a wormhole candidate in even with the number of people running.

Speaking of which, the number of people running tells me that a lot of people are just doing this to feel important. If all of the candidates were actually just concerned with seeing W-Space's interests represented then I guess no one has faith in anyone else's abilities. I hope you guys realize the **** show you've volunteered for. You're almost certainly not going to be loved no matter what you do and your skin thickness should make a rhino feel inadequate.

Good luck.


This isn't about me being on the CSM. This is about making sure people are represented--not just the C5/C6 crowd, but the C1-C4s as well. Hence my platform.

I also really wish WH primaries would happen (though it seems like they are not), because I'd have no problem stepping down, as long as there was a single candidate left that all of wormhole space would rally behind.



Then I guess its time to make them happen?

In all honesty they would be in our best interest as a community. Given the numbers two step managed to get behind him and the numbers it took to get a seat.. a properly created WH voting block could probably secure 2 seats on the CSM8, assuming we could all agree on 2 candidates.. I'll look to those who are running to setup some primaries as given the current number of choices split voting will probably run rampant, so having them will benefit the candidates across the board.

just a thought though
Klarion Sythis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-02-14 23:05:32 UTC
Splitting votes seems risky for us, and even riskier when there could be straggling votes for other CSM runners. A single assured candidate is enough imo since the CSM doesn't really vote on anything, they just provide feedback. Doubling our feedback doesn't help.
Omen Nihilo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-02-14 23:10:47 UTC
Keep in mind that last time Two Step got a lot of support from the broader community. Many bloggers supported him and his record was solid. Current candidates aren't as well-known to the outside world and won't even get close to the same amount of votes.

Also, I'm sick and tired of all the complaining about Two Step. It's funny how fast people take for granted corp bookmarks. Did he perfectly represent everyone's wishes? No, that would be impossible. But he worked hard and represented the w-space community well. I don't think any of the current candidates will do as well as him. As Klarion said, you better have thick hides.
Eugene Bugblatter
Goat Sects
#28 - 2013-02-14 23:36:03 UTC
i thought the drake was the primary in a wormhole.

Out and Proud sine Feb 14th 2013!

PAJB666
True Power Team
#29 - 2013-02-14 23:39:29 UTC
On the other had he successfully allowed CCP go with stop refit/reship while in aggression change. Also corp bookmarks in my opinion catered to mass-pvp crowd which was not exactly beneficial for wh pvp. POS changes got pushed deep into CCP backlog. Instead of adding more content to existing WH classes, CCP proposed adding more WH types catering to mass-pve. Comparing 0.0 explore and WH - 0.0 has certainly got more variety.
Glasgow Dunlop
The Dark Space Initiative
The Initiative.
#30 - 2013-02-15 12:37:29 UTC
Can I guestimate at either proportional reprisentation, Or the STV ( single transferable vote ) ?

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Director : Join 'TDSIN pub' for more info, Join today!

Glasgow EVE Meets Organiser

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-02-15 12:58:57 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Klarion Sythis wrote:
Well, I look forward to that dev blog then. I hope the new system is capable of getting a wormhole candidate in even with the number of people running.

Speaking of which, the number of people running tells me that a lot of people are just doing this to feel important. If all of the candidates were actually just concerned with seeing W-Space's interests represented then I guess no one has faith in anyone else's abilities. I hope you guys realize the **** show you've volunteered for. You're almost certainly not going to be loved no matter what you do and your skin thickness should make a rhino feel inadequate.

Good luck.


This isn't about me being on the CSM. This is about making sure people are represented--not just the C5/C6 crowd, but the C1-C4s as well. Hence my platform.

I also really wish WH primaries would happen (though it seems like they are not), because I'd have no problem stepping down, as long as there was a single candidate left that all of wormhole space would rally behind.


Do you feel that other candidates would misrepresent C1-C4 crowd? If yes why do you think so?

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#32 - 2013-02-15 16:32:13 UTC
Chitsa Jason wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
This isn't about me being on the CSM. This is about making sure people are represented--not just the C5/C6 crowd, but the C1-C4s as well. Hence my platform.

I also really wish WH primaries would happen (though it seems like they are not), because I'd have no problem stepping down, as long as there was a single candidate left that all of wormhole space would rally behind.


Do you feel that other candidates would misrepresent C1-C4 crowd? If yes why do you think so?


I'm not speaking for any particular candidate (such as yourself), but quite a few of the pilots that live in C5/C6s quickly pick up an elitist mentality, where they feel that C5/C6s are really what wormholes are all about, and the C1-C4 dwellers are just imposters. Consequently, they zero in on topics that affect only them directly.

Take the Moros blapping issue, for example. An important topic, to be sure. But what percentage of the total wormhole population does it affect? It affects those large enough to form fleets based around it, and to challenge fleets based around it, and I dare say that's a small percentage of subscription payers total.

Don't get me wrong, it should be addressed. But there are priorities. Alliance bookmarks, for example, would benefit a larger swathe of subscription payers, including the C5/C6 crowd. So would an ECM rebalance.

http://www.wormholes.info

Meytal
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-02-15 19:19:06 UTC
To be fair, the W-space population isn't large enough to convince CCP to do much of anything. A W-space CSM rep would likely have to be more creative and persuasive than, say, a Nullsec CSM rep due to the population difference and the fact that Nullsec is CCP's crown jewel, using arguments such as yours about Alliance bookmarks. But I think if anyone is up to the challenge, it would be our W-space community members.

While I do agree there is a tendency for C5/C6 residents to look down on C1-C4 residents and attempt to pursue ways to restrict their gameplay (*cough*POS size*cough*) or to treat them as entry-level W-space entities suitable only for new players, there is also the tendency for C1-C4 residents to disregard what life is like in C5/C6 systems, usually due to lack of experience. For example, Dread rebalancing is more relevant in C5/C6 than in C1-C4, while POS ECM rebalancing is more relevant in C1-C4 than in C5/C6. Both issues affect Lowsec and Nullsec, and have minimal (if any) impact in Hisec.


It's important that we have faithful representation on the CSM, because few other people will care about our needs. But we do need to avoid spreading out our votes, considering the masses of obedient minions that the Nullsec blocs can command.

For the good of the community, maybe each (W-space) candidate could re-evaluate why he or she wants to run for CSM and determine whether his or her platform and goal is distinct enough from that of the competition to warrant a separate ticket, or whether it might be possible to work with another candidate who has similar views and goals. Are you able to articulate yourself in person and on the forums better than your competition, and do you really have the respect and trust of the community without having to shove your point of view at everyone?

You can be sure that you would gain far more respect from the community if you dropped out because you wanted to ensure W-space representation than you would for staying in and splitting the vote, potentially causing us to have no one on the CSM who represents our needs; so maybe while you drop out for the greater good this year, another year might see you going to Iceland on our behalf.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#34 - 2013-02-15 19:26:14 UTC
Meytal wrote:
You can be sure that you would gain far more respect from the community if you dropped out because you wanted to ensure W-space representation than you would for staying in and splitting the vote, potentially causing us to have no one on the CSM who represents our needs; so maybe while you drop out for the greater good this year, another year might see you going to Iceland on our behalf.


I would like to state that I have no issue with dropping out to ensure that we get one or two very solid candidates on the CSM board. As of yet, however, the wormhole community has not come to any sort of consensus as to which candidates are the strongest. Plus, I think it's premature to be making any decisions before the DevBlog about the voting process.

(Also, to set the record straight, I was not referring to POS ECM rebalance, which I feel is one of the major deterrents to large groups steamrolling C1-C4 groups, but to ship ECM rebalance, which still smacks of all-or-nothing.)

http://www.wormholes.info

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#35 - 2013-02-15 23:19:33 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Chitsa Jason wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
This isn't about me being on the CSM. This is about making sure people are represented--not just the C5/C6 crowd, but the C1-C4s as well. Hence my platform.

I also really wish WH primaries would happen (though it seems like they are not), because I'd have no problem stepping down, as long as there was a single candidate left that all of wormhole space would rally behind.


Do you feel that other candidates would misrepresent C1-C4 crowd? If yes why do you think so?


I'm not speaking for any particular candidate (such as yourself), but quite a few of the pilots that live in C5/C6s quickly pick up an elitist mentality, where they feel that C5/C6s are really what wormholes are all about, and the C1-C4 dwellers are just imposters. Consequently, they zero in on topics that affect only them directly.

Take the Moros blapping issue, for example. An important topic, to be sure. But what percentage of the total wormhole population does it affect? It affects those large enough to form fleets based around it, and to challenge fleets based around it, and I dare say that's a small percentage of subscription payers total.

Don't get me wrong, it should be addressed. But there are priorities. Alliance bookmarks, for example, would benefit a larger swathe of subscription payers, including the C5/C6 crowd. So would an ECM rebalance.


To be fair, I have spent far more time talking on the forums/podcasts about the dread blapping issue than I have to CCP. It was literally a 10 second conversation at the summit, and another 5-10 minutes talking about it on Skype a week or so later. You also need to take into account that nullsec groups are running into it as well, which means it matters for far more people than you might think.

Alliance bookmarks are brought up by me just about every few months. They were brought up at the most recent summit during the nullsec part 2 session, in fact.

ECM is something that CCP is well aware of, and is something I was part of the discussion on when the small ECM tweaks that were part of Retribution were discussed.

Saying that I only bring up issues that effect me directly is simply not true. In fact, I have brought up suggestions that would directly nerf my playstyle several times.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#36 - 2013-02-15 23:24:08 UTC
Two step wrote:
Saying that I only bring up issues that effect me directly is simply not true. In fact, I have brought up suggestions that would directly nerf my playstyle several times.


I wasn't aware that anyone was accusing you of that specifically. We were discussing the different wormhole candidates and what I personally bring to the table.

http://www.wormholes.info

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#37 - 2013-02-21 12:32:41 UTC
Looks like we finally got our answer about how WH primaries will be run.

It's essentially what we were expecting, although the new "pre-election" vote will be interesting.

http://www.wormholes.info

Night Beagle
Beagle Inc
#38 - 2013-02-21 13:33:49 UTC
...and do not forget the 14 name to be put into a preference order.

So, what are the next WH candidates? ...up to 14.

LOL Bane you got my vote...and the Pudel too :)

The world needs you to stop being boring!

Previous page12