These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

A Question for the Candidates

Author
SojournerRover
Explorer Corps
#1 - 2013-02-20 17:13:58 UTC  |  Edited by: SojournerRover
Cipreh, Chitsa Jason, James Arget, Ayeson, Nathan Jameson,
are all from C5/C6 and what are their main concerns?

POS mechanics
I run a corp so I care about this and hope something is done. It seems easy enough to fix though. Just make it so the corp divisions can be assigned to only one pilot. If you have 8 pilots then you need another corp array. Run out of power on your tower, then you need another tower. Have all pilots keep their expensive ships in their division. How hard is that?

Dred blapping
We know rebalancing ships is already in the works so this seems to be a non issue to me. Yet it only really effects the C5/6 WH'ers so there is no end to it's discussion.

No Self destructing in pos's.
Well, I know something about this because apparently I have a habit of ticking people off.
If this is something you advocate then what is there to prevent every large WH corp and alliance from taking down as many pos's as they can just to see what they can get? They will of course go after all of the small corporations in lower class holes because they very rarely fight one another. What does this mean? It means you would create the very thing you are trying to change, not enough pilots to shoot.

You all say you would represent all of WH space but the main issue I hear you talking about is pointed directly at the upper class WH's and corporation CEO's

Nathan Jameson is the only one who says he truly would represent the lower class holes but he advocates no self destructing in pos's which clearly everyone says is a deterrent from POS bashing, because of the grind with no loot. Yet Talocan United is known for pos bashing lower class holes.

We know you all want the same things for the upperclass holes and you are all from that space so the parody is not unexpected. I love you man!

My question is what do you see that will benefit the lower class holes and what would you advocate as a priority for the run of mill pilot that is the backbone of eve?

I would ask this of Night Beagle as well, but before the first CSM meeting the software would of already of compiled a list of what the main concerns were of everyone in WH space.

Please lets try to keep the trolls to a minimum even if I grate on your every nerve.
Thanks

[b][u]ROVER[/u] (REDRUM)[/b]

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-02-20 17:19:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Chitsa Jason
What would benefit the C1-C4 crowd is fixing damn POSes. It will attract more people to whs because CEO and directors don't have to deal with corp theft possibility all the time.

Not CSM thing but more meta gaming will attract more people into wh space. More people helping EVE UNI wh camp is one of those things.

Also please fix the title of the post as it does not reflect the post itself.

As far as Night beagle goes he has not been regarded as strong candidate due to his inability to be there before even CSM election campaigns started. All other candidates have been strong community supporters way before.

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-20 17:22:25 UTC
There are no "upperclass" and "lowerclass" holes in the way you describe them. Only different styles of play, aside from the odd k-space diver into a C1.

These CSM candidates may live in a C5/6 however all have lived in all classes. All have been in plenty of C1-3s. All have fought and died in those classes as well.

Just as a nullsec candidate wouldn't be judged solely on where in the galaxy he/she lives, neither should a w-space candidate. Of all the things to worry about regarding the nominees, this is a rather moot point.

Every discussion with Two-Step (C6 dweller) has taken mass restrictions of C1-3 holes into account.

Every. Single. One.

This won't change with the next CSM.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Chitsa Jason
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-02-20 17:24:11 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
There are no "upperclass" and "lowerclass" holes in the way you describe them. Only different styles of play, aside from the odd k-space diver into a C1.

These CSM candidates may live in a C5/6 however all have lived in all classes. All have been in plenty of C1-3s. All have fought and died in those classes as well.

Just as a nullsec candidate wouldn't be judged solely on where in the galaxy he/she lives, neither should a w-space candidate. Of all the things to worry about regarding the nominees, this is a rather moot point.

Every discussion with Two-Step (C6 dweller) has taken mass restrictions of C1-3 holes into account.

Every. Single. One.

This won't change with the next CSM.



QFT

Burn the land and boil the sea You can't take the sky from me

Malception
Dutch Rudder Trading Company
#5 - 2013-02-20 18:00:57 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:

Dred blapping
We know rebalancing ships is already in the works so this seems to be a non issue to me. Yet it only really effects the C5/6 WH'ers so there is no end to it's discussion.

No Self destructing in pos's.
Well, I know something about this because apparently I have a habit of ticking people off.

If this is something you advocate then what is there to prevent every large WH corp and alliance from taking down as many pos's as they can just to see what they can get. They will of course go after all of the small corporations in lower class holes because they very rarely fight one another. What does this mean? It means you would create the very thing you are trying to change, not enough pilots to shoot.

[...]

My question is what do you see that will benefit the lower class holes and what would you advocate as a priority for the run of mill pilot that is the backbone of eve?

I would ask this of Night Beagle as well, but before the first CSM meeting the software would of already of compiled a list of what the main concerns were of everyone in WH space.

Please lets try to keep the trolls to a minimum even if I grate on your every nerve.
Thanks


Dread-blapping is not an issue specific to class 5 and 6 wormhole systems. Your argument is invalid.

The answer to your second question is very simple. Nothing, which is exactly what prevents "every large WH corp and alliance" from doing that very thing right now.

Any sufficiently-manned and skilled WH entity can roll up to a POS and destroy it. The concern of people who SD inside the POS bubble is clearly not about losing ships. It's not even about denying kills. If that was the concern they wouldn't even go into wspace since everyone who is there has either been told or experienced first-hand that "you WILL lose ships," so anyone truly desiring to deny kills wouldn't be in wspace in the first place.

I'll tell you the true goal of SDing inside the POS bubble: to be a d!ck. It's the space-finger of last resort. The passive-aggressive spitting in the eye of the aggressors. In a game where every tactic has a counter, SDing inside the POS bubble is the preferred counter of the weak and cowardly.

The weak and cowardly have no place in Anoikis. It is the realm of chaos and surprise butt-sex.

Ahh, I almost forgot. NighBeagle will never be elected to the CSM. Abandon your obviously blind and sad support of his non-platform. I'm so certain of his total and unmitigated failure that I will SD every ship I own at a sun (or POS) of his choosing should he be elected.
Bernie Nator
BO-LD Tournament Team
Lollipops.
#6 - 2013-02-20 19:07:41 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:
Cipreh, Chitsa Jason, James Arget, Ayeson, Nathan Jameson,
are all from C5/C6 and what are their main concerns?

POS mechanics
I run a corp so I care about this and hope something is done. It seems easy enough to fix though. Just make it so the corp divisions can be assigned to only one pilot. If you have 8 pilots then you need another corp array. Run out of power on your tower, then you need another tower. Have all pilots keep their expensive ships in their division. How hard is that?

Dred blapping
We know rebalancing ships is already in the works so this seems to be a non issue to me. Yet it only really effects the C5/6 WH'ers so there is no end to it's discussion.

No Self destructing in pos's.
Well, I know something about this because apparently I have a habit of ticking people off.
If this is something you advocate then what is there to prevent every large WH corp and alliance from taking down as many pos's as they can just to see what they can get? They will of course go after all of the small corporations in lower class holes because they very rarely fight one another. What does this mean? It means you would create the very thing you are trying to change, not enough pilots to shoot.

You all say you would represent all of WH space but the main issue I hear you talking about is pointed directly at the upper class WH's and corporation CEO's

Nathan Jameson is the only one who says he truly would represent the lower class holes but he advocates no self destructing in pos's which clearly everyone says is a deterrent from POS bashing, because of the grind with no loot. Yet Talocan United is known for pos bashing lower class holes.

We know you all want the same things for the upperclass holes and you are all from that space so the parody is not unexpected. I love you man!

My question is what do you see that will benefit the lower class holes and what would you advocate as a priority for the run of mill pilot that is the backbone of eve?

I would ask this of Night Beagle as well, but before the first CSM meeting the software would of already of compiled a list of what the main concerns were of everyone in WH space.

Please lets try to keep the trolls to a minimum even if I grate on your every nerve.
Thanks

Exactly how many "Vote Night Beagle" threads do you plan on making? Especially since his "platform" id the weakest of all yhe candidates.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#7 - 2013-02-20 19:21:14 UTC
Malception wrote:


I'll tell you the true goal of SDing inside the POS bubble: to be a d!ck. It's the space-finger of last resort. The passive-aggressive spitting in the eye of the aggressors.



THIS

No trolling please

QT McWhiskers
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#8 - 2013-02-20 21:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: QT McWhiskers
Rover/Beagle Its time to drop this farce. We all know that you are the alt of Night beagle. This post is just a sad attempt to try and cause the unwashed masses to agree with your non existent point of view. Your entire candidacy has been nothing but restating everything that has already been said with your own twist.

Posting on your alt as rover instead of beagle is nothing more than a lazy attempt to garner support for your... well I would say cause, but you seem to just copy paste every other candidate out there.

I have zero faith in your ability to do anything at all other than bleed members and lose more WHs. I will vote for whatever WH candidate is chosen amongst the ones you listed... but I will not vote for you.

Do not take these words as anything other than mine. They do not reflect my corps or Ayeson's views.

And in the off chance that rover isnt actually your alt, then beagle tell him to stop posting on these forums. He is only hurting your candidacy.
Carla Messer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-02-20 21:31:38 UTC
Where exactly on the doll did he touch you? Getting a little vicious there.
Cipreh
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-02-20 23:24:36 UTC
Rover if you're going to attack the candidates, at least get your facts straight.

I don't live in a c5 or c6, I live in a c2.

Blog: http://lostwithoutlocal.blogspot.com Twitter: @Cipreh I am also available on Skype, details available upon request. Feel free to contact me via any of the above methods,or in-game.

bubble trout
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-02-21 00:28:22 UTC
Malception wrote:

The weak and cowardly have no place in Anoikis. It is the realm of chaos and surprise butt-sex.



This brought a tear to my eye.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#12 - 2013-02-21 01:24:07 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:


POS mechanics
I run a corp...


You lost me at your first baseless allegation.
Sushi Nardieu
The Generic Pirate Corporation
#13 - 2013-02-21 05:23:41 UTC
All I see now is personal attacks on CSM competition.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Night Beagle
Beagle Inc
#14 - 2013-02-21 09:34:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Night Beagle
@all

It is common knowledge the fact that I am not Rover. All those who spoke with him on TS can easily distinguish the difference from my podcast on Crossing Zebras.

http://crossingzebras.com/post/43036348761/csm8nightbeagle

I believe that every person who had the courage to candidate deserves respect and the campaigns until now have shown that at least the candidates are mature enough to observe a minimal courtesy among themselves. While I have been attacked by members of other candidates corps, I did not put that on the candidates behalf so, please do not try to bring the discussion into that.

I am troll resistant so I invite you to discuss with me in my campaign topic.

Also, the issue that was raised by the OP is a valid one and deserves an answer from the candidates.

The world needs you to stop being boring!

Iq Cadaen
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-02-21 11:51:03 UTC
SojournerRover wrote:

No Self destructing in pos's.
Well, I know something about this because apparently I have a habit of ticking people off.
If this is something you advocate then what is there to prevent every large WH corp and alliance from taking down as many pos's as they can just to see what they can get? They will of course go after all of the small corporations in lower class holes because they very rarely fight one another. What does this mean? It means you would create the very thing you are trying to change, not enough pilots to shoot.

Confirming that you know a lot about SDing your ships in POSes.
Here's an idea though: if this were to be implemented people might be more likely to put up a fight to protect what they've claimed as their own instead of just giving everyone the finger. SDing ALL the things is also a sure-fire way of guaranteeing that your hole is razed to the ground.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#16 - 2013-02-21 12:15:33 UTC
I was considering posting an honest, thoughtful response to the OP, but now I'm not so sure... What?

http://www.wormholes.info

Sorany
Farmhouse.
Simple Farmers
#17 - 2013-02-21 12:34:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Sorany
Cipreh wrote:
Rover if you're going to attack the candidates, at least get your facts straight.

I don't live in a c5 or c6, I live in a c2.

clearly, you are mistaken.

Night Beagle wrote:
I am troll resistant so I invite you to discuss with me in my campaign topic.

no one here is trolling you, we really do think you are laughably pathetic. Cool
QT McWhiskers
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#18 - 2013-02-21 21:08:49 UTC
Sorany wrote:
Cipreh wrote:
Rover if you're going to attack the candidates, at least get your facts straight.

I don't live in a c5 or c6, I live in a c2.

clearly, you are mistaken.

Night Beagle wrote:
I am troll resistant so I invite you to discuss with me in my campaign topic.

no one here is trolling you, we really do think you are laughably pathetic. Cool


Not empty quoting
Rengas
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#19 - 2013-02-21 21:24:41 UTC
Beagle is actually my alt and you all just got trolled hard.

Phaderift
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#20 - 2013-02-21 21:32:42 UTC
Rengas wrote:
Beagle is actually my alt and you all just got trolled hard.




O well in the case Rengas alt for CSM +1
12Next page