These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Federal Hero denies Blood Raider rumours !

Author
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#21 - 2013-02-20 20:14:06 UTC
Anslo wrote:
You're really bitter Aldrith. So what if he picks and chooses based on emotion. It means he's human. We don't always have to be logical. Get off your high horse man, it doesn't suit you.

Hell yes I'm bitter. I, a father who wishes only for the safety and prospterity for his family and nation, take offense at being judged lower than a pack of psycopathic blood cultists that ****, toruture and kill because their society demands expressions of domiance over the 'weak'.

So no, I'm not going to let it go, just like Mr. Irixis cannot let go his own bitterness that keeps him from seeing good, decent people live in the Empire.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Anslo
Scope Works
#22 - 2013-02-20 20:20:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Anslo
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

Hell yes I'm bitter. I, a father who wishes only for the safety and prospterity for his family and nation, take offense at being judged lower than a pack of psycopathic blood cultists that ****, toruture and kill because their society demands expressions of domiance over the 'weak'.

So no, I'm not going to let it go, just like Mr. Irixis cannot let go his own bitterness that keeps him from seeing good, decent people live in the Empire.

But why do you care what someone else thinks? It's your life, who cares who judges you as whatever? You know you're good, your family knows your good, your colleagues know your good. Hell, I know you're a good guy.

Seriously, you're caring way too much about others opinions. Chill out.

And Andreus, stop being a tit. You're gonna give Aldrith an ulcer.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#23 - 2013-02-20 20:22:04 UTC
Anslo wrote:
But why do you care what someone else thinks? It's your life, who cares who judges you as whatever? You know you're good, your family knows your good, your colleagues know your good. Hell, I know you're a good guy.

When wealth is ubiquitous, it is meaningless.

The currency of the Capsuleer is not ISK. It is reputation.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#24 - 2013-02-20 20:24:38 UTC
Scherezad wrote:
Anslo wrote:

This cannot be stated enough. It should be drilled into the head of each and every capsuleer as soon as they come out the academy's doors.

Louella Dougans
Sovereign Hospitaller Order of Saint Katherine
#25 - 2013-02-20 20:26:56 UTC
It's a sad day when the Gallente jump into bed with the Blood Raiders.

Be a Space Nun, it is fun. \o/

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#26 - 2013-02-20 20:27:25 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

Is that because you feel the Empire is genuinely a more moral and reasonable entity, or is it because the Blood Raiders are simply a more honest version of your own religion? When you get right down to it, the entire spirit of the Reclaiming is that others are morally and spiritually "weak," and so the chosen - and that's exactly what your religion calls the Amarr - are obligated by their society to dominate them for their own good. Their own good is, conveniently, the greater good, and as such many individuals can safely be dispensed with via methods such as, just off the top of my head, ****, torture and murder if they cannot serve this greater good.

The Blood Raiders aren't shining beacons of morality, but at least they don't pretend to be righteous.

Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

I keep hearing about all these good, decent people in the Empire, and every time I do I can't help but think that someone is doing a very, very good job of hiding them under a strata of complete bastards.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Anslo
Scope Works
#27 - 2013-02-20 20:29:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Anslo
Scherezad wrote:

Aldrith's reputation isn't even questioned here, it's Andreus talking about all the Amarr. So as far as I'm concerned, he's still caring too much.

I'd say the same for a Gallentean. If a Caldari makes sweeping generalizations about my people, then meh whatever. Now if someone runs around saying I drink the blood of fallen enemies well..I might be a bit pissed off. But still...

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#28 - 2013-02-20 20:32:30 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
at least they don't pretend to be righteous.

I have no need to pretend to be Righteous.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#29 - 2013-02-20 20:34:06 UTC
Anslo wrote:
I'd say the same for a Gallentean. If a Caldari makes sweeping generalizations about my people, then meh whatever. Now if someone runs around saying I drink the blood of fallen enemies well..I might be a bit pissed off. But still...

What would you do if someone pointed to that blood-drinking bezark and publicly announced "I think that man is a better man than you are." ?
Anslo
Scope Works
#30 - 2013-02-20 20:37:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Anslo
Scherezad wrote:
Anslo wrote:

What would you do if someone pointed to that blood-drinking bezark and publicly announced "I think that man is a better man than you are." ?

I'd say "Kay." I don't care if someone screams that someone else is better than me. I'm not in some rat race. This isn't school where everyone's joining a popularity contest. I could care less if someone thought I was the greatest person around or a stupid egger who has no place in this society.

I am who I am. I have my opinions. They ain't changing to please someone else. I ain't changing to please someone else. Think of me what you want, I simply don't give two ****s, and I'm happier for it truth be told.

Less ego, more elation. Enjoy your life and your loved ones around you.

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#31 - 2013-02-20 20:38:27 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
Anslo wrote:
You're really bitter Aldrith. So what if he picks and chooses based on emotion. It means he's human. We don't always have to be logical. Get off your high horse man, it doesn't suit you.

If I might humbly suggest, sir... mister Ixiris's opinions aren't worth getting yourself upset over.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#32 - 2013-02-20 20:47:30 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
If I might humbly suggest, sir... mister Ixiris's opinions aren't worth getting yourself upset over.

Apparently they are.

Samira Kernher wrote:
Mister Ixirus, I have been nothing but polite. Your use of insults and accusations of delusion is very upsetting.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#33 - 2013-02-20 20:48:20 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Scherezad wrote:
Anslo wrote:

I'd say "Kay." I don't care if someone screams that someone else is better than me. I'm not in some rat race. This isn't school where everyone's joining a popularity contest. I could care less if someone thought I was the greatest person around or a stupid egger who has no place in this society.

I am who I am. I have my opinions. They ain't changing to please someone else. I ain't changing to please someone else. Think of me what you want, I simply don't give two ****s, and I'm happier for it truth be told.

Less ego, more elation. Enjoy your life and your loved ones around you.

Let me rephrase that then, since I think Scherezad phrased that too positively.

I, Tiberious Thessalonia, believe that you, Anslo, are a worse person than, say for instance, the entirety of the Angel Cartel. I believe that the things you do are so heinous that I would rather side with the Angel Cartel than I would with you.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#34 - 2013-02-20 20:48:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:

Apparently they are.

Samira Kernher wrote:
Mister Ixirus, I have been nothing but polite. Your use of insults and accusations of delusion is very upsetting.

And you will note that I disengaged from the conversation in light of that fact, mister Ixiris, as I am suggesting Commander Shutaq do now.
Anslo
Scope Works
#35 - 2013-02-20 20:49:27 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
I, Tiberious Thessalonia, believe that you, Anslo, are a worse person than, say for instance, the entirety of the Angel Cartel. I believe that the things you do are so heinous that I would rather side with the Angel Cartel than I would with you.

Kay.

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#36 - 2013-02-20 20:51:46 UTC
Anslo wrote:

Kay.

I see the issue here is that you have no pride in your reputation.

You should guard it very carefully, Anslo, lest someone take it away from you.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#37 - 2013-02-20 20:53:16 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
And you will note that I disengaged from the conversation in light of that fact, mister Ixiris, as I am suggesting Commander Shutaq do now.

The funny thing was that that conversation also heavily featured the theme of Amarrians and members of their various satellite factions not being able to confront uncomfortable truths.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Anslo
Scope Works
#38 - 2013-02-20 20:53:23 UTC

I know who and what I am Tibs. What some blow hards or big wigs think about me doesn't affect my life. Now if someone tried to ACT on those opinions and try to hurt me or any of the people I love, then I'd act in defense, violently.

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#39 - 2013-02-20 20:55:41 UTC
Anslo wrote:

I know who and what I am Tibs. What some blow hards or big wigs think about me doesn't affect my life. Now if someone tried to ACT on those opinions and try to hurt me or any of the people I love, then I'd act in defense, violently.

That isn't actually what this is about, Anslo. What this is about is your reputation.

In Aldrith's case, someone is attacking his reputation, and very harshly at that. It is understandable, considering the importance of reputation amongst the capsuleer class, that he would be upset by this.

One day, I hope you realize how important your reputation actually is.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#40 - 2013-02-20 20:59:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Those who jump to the defense of their reputation against every baseless attack against it frequently only damage it further, mister Thessalonia, because it demonstrates that they lack self-confidence and are overly sensitive to criticism.

A thick skin is often superior to a loud mouth.