These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Those little Drone things.

First post
Author
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#1 - 2013-02-19 15:24:23 UTC
I would like to ask CCP for somethings to be sorted in a future patch with drones, while i wont bother reiterating the whole npc agro and drone interface as this has already been discussed enough tho without feedback from CCP i have noted there are other minor and easily correctable issues.

Lack of drone Implants, while there are many implants for the 3 other damage systems there seems to be a complete lack of drone implants of the equivalent.

The inability to overload drones unlike other weapon systems, while this is minor and many drone boats do tend to use guns/ missiles as well i do find it annoying in a way.

The Drone Damage Rig ONLY effecting sentry drones, this seems rather odd given that there are rigs that effect all damage types of a specific on-board weapon system, there also should be added small and med damage rigs for drones that effect all drones.

It would also be nice to be able to use nanite paste on your drones while they are in your drone bay.

One thing id like to see to drone control is have them on aggressive to select the style of aggressive, ie target EW first or Highest Dps, and so on.

Just a few thoughts that i hope will be taken aboard
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-02-19 15:55:53 UTC
Drones certainly need more love, though I think CCP is considering updating them in the future as they are adding more and more droneboats, even for Amar ships.

That or they have absolutely no idea there is a problem with drones, which would be rather bad.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3 - 2013-02-19 17:00:49 UTC
All I want for drones is the ability to drag the launch/recall function to a slot. That is all.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jack Mayhem
Kaer Industries
#4 - 2013-02-19 17:11:21 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
All I want for drones is the ability to drag the launch/recall function to a slot. That is all.

You do know there is keyboard shortcut for recalling drones?
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2013-02-19 17:15:47 UTC
Jack Mayhem wrote:

You do know there is keyboard shortcut for recalling drones?

Should have expanded on that. I want the ability to drag GROUPS of drones launch/recall to the slots. having the ECM drones launch/recall on an F1-F8 key would be nice. Or you can then right click on that button and select another group of drones.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

RichtPaul
Shadow Industries I
#6 - 2013-02-20 00:00:05 UTC
We need guns that fire drones that fire bullets.
The Troll Bridge
#7 - 2013-02-20 00:03:50 UTC
RichtPaul wrote:
We need guns that fire drones that fire bullets.

How about a Erebus with guns that shoot Algos that spew Drones that shoot bullets?

Weaponception.

Mire Stoude
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-02-20 00:25:46 UTC
What we really need are drones that don't take 30 seconds (gross exageration) to turn off their MWDs to settle into an orbit before they are able to finally start applying full damage.
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#9 - 2013-02-20 00:38:50 UTC

This would seriously rock

Oderint Dum Metuant

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2013-02-20 00:53:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Drones that can agree on what target to focus fire upon.

Ka'plah! (wait for the drone part)
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#11 - 2013-02-20 01:11:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Gianath
An 'attack closest enemy' command on drones so you don't have to target something for them to be help when you can't target things. Meanwhile watching my drone boat slowly be whittled down cause I can't lock those scrams through a perma-jamming is fun.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#12 - 2013-02-20 03:57:43 UTC
I agree there should be implants like there are for other weapons systems. And that sentry drone damage rig only affects sentries is probably because the race specific skills already give damage boosts to the light, medium, and heavy drones and not sentry drones.
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#13 - 2013-02-20 11:58:21 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:
I agree there should be implants like there are for other weapons systems. And that sentry drone damage rig only affects sentries is probably because the race specific skills already give damage boosts to the light, medium, and heavy drones and not sentry drones.

Your quite correct i hadnt noticed that there was no skill for increasing sentry drone damage, there are skills that effect the damage of all on board weapons systems so why has this one been missed, it would be like having no skill for large hybrid guns O.o

Signal11th
#14 - 2013-02-20 12:41:03 UTC
Gianath wrote:
An 'attack closest enemy' command on drones so you don't have to target something for them to be help when you can't target things. Meanwhile watching my drone boat slowly be whittled down cause I can't lock those scrams through a perma-jamming is fun.

That wouldn't work, All that would happen is when the frigs were orbiting you your drones would just attack one that got closer to you and then disenage and attack another and so on and so on.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Irya Boone
The Scope
#15 - 2013-02-20 12:43:54 UTC
I would be nice ... but

CCP don't give a S... about Drones and armor tanking and Hybrid turret... gallente doctrine in a word So forget about It and Skill
shields and caldari ships as soon as possible.

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Signal11th
#16 - 2013-02-20 12:46:40 UTC
To be honest I'm hoping CCP just leaves things alone for the forseeable future.
Everytime they change/balance something it usually just means it's going to take me longer to do the same thing as I did before.

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#17 - 2013-02-20 13:27:28 UTC
hmm just thought of something else, it would be really nice to actually see the stats of my drones after skills and mods have been applied.
Signal11th
#18 - 2013-02-20 14:18:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Decaneos wrote:
hmm just thought of something else, it would be really nice to actually see the stats of my drones after skills and mods have been applied.

you can already, exit station click on one of the drones in you drone bay check stats. Although I have only used this in my carrier but there is no reason it chouldn;t work for other ships.

Josef Djugashvilis
#19 - 2013-02-20 17:43:27 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Drones certainly need more love, though I think CCP is considering updating them in the future as they are adding more and more droneboats, even for Amar ships.

That or they have absolutely no idea there is a problem with drones, which would be rather bad.

I suspect CCP test the new drone AI on hi-sec courier missions and then find that, 'our logs show nothing'

This is not a signature.

Abannan
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#20 - 2013-02-20 18:02:09 UTC
I Love Boobies wrote:

What, apart from Sentry Drone Interfacing?
12Next page