These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Retribution 1.1 Feedback

First post
Author
Linn Fangg
Fangg Holdings
#181 - 2013-02-20 02:01:31 UTC
tons of games ? The Is only one game, EVE online........................and screen shakes ? thats something you would find In ...............................oh dam, can I say It?.............................WOW.Evil
Bubbleboylol
Militia Federation
#182 - 2013-02-20 02:09:16 UTC
Hakaru Ishiwara wrote:
Jeinvay Kunsu wrote:
Banirtal Cadelanne wrote:
Cant update past 21.85MB. Tried on 4 different computers, I had the same problem with the last update, had to re-download the client manually and re-install. Loosing training time here! Last time lost 3 days, only received an apology. I have 15 accounts, if I loose time this time round I will cancel all accounts!

No. of people who care that you're leaving: Very few.
Then let your accounts go dormant.

The most powerful statement that you can make is to not give CCP your hard earned wages (or buy PLEX from some other punter to keep your accounts active). There's a ton of very entertaining games available for either a one-time fee or for free, these days. Check out one of those if you are an avid gamer.

Or go outside and breath fresh air whilst CCP does without your currency.

I'm thinking i might make another thread unless someone else does to see how many people will be willing to do this till they fix it.

this has happened before do not forget CCP. Remember who and what you are doing this game for! If not i look forward to some hub smashing again and petitions! http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/24/3754594/at-war-with-fans-eve-onlines-fall-and-rise-from-infamy

Asking to have more then one ( Option From CCP is like asking a chicken to cook it-self. )

BIackBeard
MotIey Crue
#183 - 2013-02-20 02:10:48 UTC
Wow CCP really ******up this one.

Patch basically broke the game.

That only applies if you are:

Miner, PVE (exploration) PVPer or....

Wait a sec....there is also the connection issues so that means that no matter your profession you are probably experiencing issues...

Man...someone should be firedSad
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#184 - 2013-02-20 02:13:53 UTC
minerboob wrote:
Update itself didnt go that well for me....

Update FAILED
Repair FAILED
Update #2 FAILED
Update #3 with "higher permissions" Failed

Deleted EvE and now re-downloading

not impressed. Cry

Same ****

Biggest issue, I live in Africa, where a ADHL line equates to a 56kb modem. This will take me days to download

Contact a USian to send you a UD3 hard drive with EVE updated.
It works for some Canadians I know.
Nadzieijko Andrastile
Dark Space Syndicate
Einstein-Rosen Bridge Trolls
#185 - 2013-02-20 02:15:16 UTC
DeeKz0r wrote:
Everything looks good with the exception of 1 thing.

- "With really good skills, NPC corp standing and a 50% base output NPC station you can now actually get a 100% refinery output."

That kinda irks me, as I just recently spent 150 million on an implant that will allow me to get 100% refining. Yes, 150 million isk is peanuts. But the fact that a previously neccesary item is now mostly obsolete seems quite silly. Why bother getting refining implants at all? The only people who will be worried about their refining rates enough to quibble over a few percentages will be people that have millions of ore to refine, and of those people probably 99.9% of them will be heavy industry skilled anyways.

Coles notes:
- Refining implants = useless.

Yep. I just did the same on my indy toon. How wonderful...
Bubbleboylol
Militia Federation
#186 - 2013-02-20 02:39:08 UTC
Bubbleboylol wrote:
Hakaru Ishiwara wrote:
Jeinvay Kunsu wrote:
Cant update past 21.85MB. Tried on 4 different computers, I had the same problem with the last update, had to re-download the client manually and re-install. Loosing training time here! Last time lost 3 days, only received an apology. I have 15 accounts, if I loose time this time round I will cancel all accounts!

No. of people who care that you're leaving: Very few.
Then let your accounts go dormant.

The most powerful statement that you can make is to not give CCP your hard earned wages (or buy PLEX from some other punter to keep your accounts active). There's a ton of very entertaining games available for either a one-time fee or for free, these days. Check out one of those if you are an avid gamer.

Or go outside and breath fresh air whilst CCP does without your currency.

I'm thinking i might make another thread unless someone else does to see how many people will be willing to do this till they fix it.

this has happened before do not forget CCP. Remember who and what you are doing this game for! If not i look forward to some hub smashing again and petitions! http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/1/24/3754594/at-war-with-fans-eve-onlines-fall-and-rise-from-infamy

I have made a separate thread, so you can tell how pissed off you really are? or is it something you will let pass? it is titled

Don't Forget why you you are making this game....

It is not meant to start anything bad but everyone needs to be heard and if we all ban together and you really do not like these problems then come voice them over here so it can not get passed over by CCP.

Asking to have more then one ( Option From CCP is like asking a chicken to cook it-self. )

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#187 - 2013-02-20 02:51:20 UTC
Or maybe fix whatever's wrong with your computer instead of blaming CCP.
Most people patched just fine.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Nadzieijko Andrastile
Dark Space Syndicate
Einstein-Rosen Bridge Trolls
#188 - 2013-02-20 02:54:33 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Or maybe fix whatever's wrong with your computer instead of blaming CCP.
Most people patched just fine.

Yep. Took me 3 minutes to update and clear cache files, reboot client. Not sure what everyone's issue is, maybe you should get your computers checked out.
StabThigh
Amarrshmellow
#189 - 2013-02-20 03:05:35 UTC
Quote:
The Log no longer clears after session changes such as jumping/docking etc.

I Love you, whoever you are
Galmalmin
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2013-02-20 03:09:34 UTC
What is, and just one of you reply please, an AAR?
Vodoss D'Morte
Talon Materials LLC
#191 - 2013-02-20 03:30:18 UTC
Well the update worked.
My Drake has less EHP and less Shield EHP/S.
It also takes longer (less damage/more ammo) to take down Serpentis BS Rat.

I don't like the think the screen shaking either.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#192 - 2013-02-20 03:34:26 UTC
Linn Fangg wrote:
Screen shakes? are you #$@#$%$# serious ?

Yes they're friggen serious, this was removed as a drawback to the missile update of inferno. Nice of them to get it back in in less than a year.

If you don't want ti so bad then turn off the shakes.....just like pre inferno.....derp

The Drake is a Lie

Ghar Atu'ur
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#193 - 2013-02-20 03:36:51 UTC
Personally, I think what was done to Battle Cruisers is shameful. The Battle from the name was ripped off ...only cruiser is left now.
Simply makes no sense. Battle Cruisers gained mass but lost a lot of EHP and turrets. Makes no sense at all. It seems now that with every Patch more and more ships and modules are nerfed. I personally no longer look forward to new updates because the first thing that comes to my mind is what will be nerfed instead of what new and wonderful items and improvements will be introduced. Update by update, my enjoyment of the game is lessening... I no longer am sure if I will sign up for another year.
The Summer Rebalancing of Ships fills me with dread...
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#194 - 2013-02-20 03:36:58 UTC
Galmalmin wrote:

See Armor Tanking 1.5 section: http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74270

The Drake is a Lie

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#195 - 2013-02-20 03:41:35 UTC
Ghar Atu'ur wrote:
Personally, I think what was done to Battle Cruisers is shameful. The Battle from the name was ripped off ...only cruiser is left now.
Simply makes no sense. Battle Cruisers gained mass but lost a lot of EHP and turrets. Makes no sense at all. It seems now that with every Patch more and more ships and modules are nerfed. I personally no longer look forward to new updates because the first thing that comes to my mind is what will be nerfed instead of what new and wonderful items and improvements will be introduced. Update by update, my enjoyment of the game is lessening... I no longer am sure if I will sign up for another year.
The Summer Rebalancing of Ships fills me with dread...

I for one and now happy they finally no longer represent such a large gap from cruisers. And besides the, hraby, drake, and brutix all got overall damage buffs.

Sure, the drake was pigeon holed even further into using kinetic damage but that's just because **** you lol

Vodoss D'Morte wrote:
Well the update worked.
My Drake has less EHP and less Shield EHP/S.
It also takes longer (less damage/more ammo) to take down Serpentis BS Rat.

I don't like the think the screen shaking either.

1) Good, that was the reason it was way over used
2) Use kinetic missiles, if you have BC trained to 4 or 5 then you either have equal or greater DPS with scourge missiles, serp's secondary weakness is kinetic anyway
3) Were you not here pre-Inferno? What did you do when missiles caused shakes back then?

The Drake is a Lie

Vjorn Angannon
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#196 - 2013-02-20 03:42:57 UTC
Galmalmin wrote:

Ancillary Armor Repairer (AAR)

first mod listed under Modules in the patch notes
Reven Karthen
Neo Terren Confederation
#197 - 2013-02-20 03:50:00 UTC
This is just really nit-picky, but I'm not very thrilled about my Myrmidon having an empty gap where my 6th turret/high slot used to be. Maybe some ship redesigns in the future to accommodate these changes?
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#198 - 2013-02-20 03:53:22 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
I have some solid (pre-nerf) Solo-WH Drake builds I must tinker-with now, to see if the changes suk or are tolerable. Fortunately, I don't rely on uber-tanking, so I may be OK there.

Edit:
Also - *still* awaiting patch to complete.. Glad I loaded long-skills.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

mr ed thehouseofed
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#199 - 2013-02-20 04:13:01 UTC
no problems for me Big smile . my drake lost a slot , got the same damage as before , just have to learn to fly it better Roll just gotta get used all the new stuff . have not checked everything out will let you know if there's a problem . lots of people whining a usual you gotta remember its just a game and games change all the time so just htfu worse problems in real life , than a ship being nerfed

i want a eve pinball machine...  confirming  CCP Cognac is best cognac

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#200 - 2013-02-20 04:23:40 UTC
Mother of god...
My DPS in my favored C2-Solo Drake build just went up by 50%.
Shocked

/Awe

Oh, and my EHP and speed have taken only minor hits.
I approve. Twisted

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc