These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Things aren't always what they seem

Author
Malcolm Khross
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2013-02-19 15:25:21 UTC
von Khan wrote:
I never denied this, all it took to destroy my life was a long trip, a kiss and a slap in the face. You know what hurt my most is not Silas rejection, but that of my friends.

Your life is hardly destroyed, lad.

Pick up the pieces of your shattered reputation and begin rebuilding, learning from your mistakes and guarding your heart and mind more carefully in the future. You quite literally have an eternity to repair that which has been broken, don't cast it all away in a morose fit of despair and defeatism.

~Malcolm Khross

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#42 - 2013-02-19 16:25:50 UTC
Next time you might just want to choose your friends and your potential love interests more carefully.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Natalcya Katla
Astropolitan Front
#43 - 2013-02-19 17:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Natalcya Katla
von Khan wrote:
I never denied this, all it took to destroy my life was a long trip, a kiss and a slap in the face. You know what hurt me most is not Silas rejection, but that of my friends.

That's a valuable insight, Captain von Khan, one that I'm sure you'll find was worth the embarrassment, once the immediate hurt and indignation fade.

You'll find that it's much safer to invest emotionally in those who are honest about wanting you dead or disgraced. They can never truly betray you.
Vaari
Imperial Pharmacy
#44 - 2013-02-19 17:12:01 UTC
You should think joining the Imperial Pharmacy. Altough your membership is not guaranteed. If you wish to inspect that possibility, your views about faith and the legality of her majesty must be seen trough before joining.

We are industrial corporation in Providence and we live in humble life. Im sure you might fit well in Iphar.

Fear the God and honor the Empress!

-House Valius battle shout.

Shalee Lianne
Triquetra Combined Arms
Khimi Harar
#45 - 2013-02-19 23:08:08 UTC
Nah. You should join In Exile. I'll be looking for your application.
http://amarrian.blogspot.com/  ~ Roleplay blog. http://sovereigntywars.wordpress.com/ ~ Faction War blog.
Gottii
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2013-02-19 23:29:25 UTC
Amarrian courtship rituals seem quite.....complicated.
Aldrith Shutaq
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#47 - 2013-02-20 00:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
von Khan wrote:
What I find interesting from this “Cirque du Silas” is where others show empathy, friends turned their back. Such is life, the price for kissing a witch.

von Khan wrote:
I never denied this, all it took to destroy my life was a long trip, a kiss and a slap in the face. You know what hurt me most is not Silas rejection, but that of my friends.

No von Khan, we did not turn our backs on you, you turned your back on us. Out of all the people you have wronged I feel the bitter disappointment all of PIE is feeling the most personally. Do you not remember asking the Praetorians for advice about Silas? Do you not remember that I opened up, telling you of my own painful personal experiences in the hopes that you would not repeat them? Well, in case you have forgotten, I will send the account to you again:

Quote:
"I have been meaning to speak with you about this matter, von Khan. I was once like you, believing that everyone who sought redemption deserved it, so long as they sought it. Almost three years ago I actually left PIE to found my own corporation partially based around that idea. It was called the Knighthood of the Merciful Crown, and it thrived for two years until I grew tired of the ugly world of capsuleers and sought to retire, in order to concentrate on my family and the pursuit of personal peace. When I did so I became more happy than I ever had been, or could ever be, as a capsuleer.

What caused me to retreat from this world of murderers, liars, profiteers and conspirators? Simply put, my idealism had run dry. Like I said, I once was like you, hopeful and happy, wishing to spread light and truth to the dark corners of the galaxy. However, that does not happen in the world of capsuleers. Here, I had been betrayed, insulted, defied, and hurt so many times I realized that capsuleers are, for the most part, not worth trying to save. Freedom from death also means freedom from responsibility to one’s fellow man, and each day a capsuleer remains immortal their humanity slips away just a little bit more. Their arrogance grows and they become more assured in the absolute truth of their own corrupted perceptions. Most descend completely into the disease known as ‘capsuleer dementia’ and no longer believe themselves to be human. The rest tend to have varying degrees of the sickness, usually manifesting itself as mild narcissism and megalomania. Some, however, become so depraved they murder, thieve and **** with wanton glee, free from justice and not having to consider anything outside of their own twisted desires.

Trying to fight this madness in the capsuleer community is like trying to put out a burning building with little more than a wet blanket. You might snuff one flame after a great deal of effort, saving a small bit of the home you are trying to protect, but as soon as you move on to fight the fire in another area the flames creep back and reclaim what you thought had been saved. And some fires rage so bright and hot you cannot get near them without being destroyed yourself. That is what the object of your poem has become, von Khan. She has descended into such a frenzy of moral abandon that she will utterly consume you if you try to approach her. I assure you she cannot be saved, and nor will you be if you get lured into her domain.

Please, do not think me a dismissive cynic, because I am not. I learned these lessons most painfully, von Khan, and I would not be telling you this unless I knew them to be true. You do not yet understand the nature of the world you have joined; the ruthlessness, the casual violence, the complete disregard for humanity. In this world you can find the purest embodiments of evil you could possibly see as a human being, and I know this because I have found a few of them. During my time as a capsuleer I have been tortured, killed, deceived, manipulated, crushed and rebuilt only to be crushed again. I have seen these same things happen to the few friends I have made as well, and I do not want to see it happen to you. And yet, something tells me you will only learn if it does. I just pray it does not ruin your own mind as well.

I know your heart is in the right place von Khan, but please listen to this warning. If you go to Silas Vitalia on a mission of peace, she will laugh and brush your cheek with her burning finger, amused at the pathetic little fool who has come to 'save' her. Whether you burst into flame yourself is up to you, but be prepared to face the darkness that may cause you to do so. It is much more seductive than you seem to think, and I have seen better men than you fall to it before."

You saw this. You said you would heed this. You did not. I even held my tongue, not belittling your rediculous attraction to Silas, even though I find her and her ilk to be amongst the most disgusting examples of corruption in the world of capsuleers. And that is saying a lot.

Do not dare to turn around and say that we rejected you. Your lecherous desires and misguided arrogance thinking you could get the better of a demon are what betrayed you, not us. We tried to help you, especially me, but you chose to ignore all of that and instead ended up embarrassing everyone who flies under the PIE banner and putting our reputations, our operational security and our personal safety in danger.

If you figure out what you did wrong and prove that you will never repeat something like this, you might find your way back to our ranks. However, until then, good luck out in the cold with the wolves. You are going to need it.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Merdaneth
Angel Wing.
#48 - 2013-02-20 00:30:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Merdaneth
von Khan wrote:

I am grateful and devoted servant of the Empire, but I owe a greater obedience to God; and as long as I draw breath and have my faculties I shall never stop practising philosophy, which is the pursuit of truth. To those that claim to be righteous. Are you not ashamed that you give your attention to opinion, and similarly with reputation and honor, and give no attention or thought to truth and understanding?

Holding one's loyalty to God above all other loyalties is good.

Thinking one can determine by oneself what loyalty to God should imply is arrogant and folly.

To understand one should be prepared to listen. Not just to one's own counsel, but to the counsel of their brothers and sisters, to the counsel of one's superiors and one's elders.

To stand here and say you were pursuing truth, while simultaneously trying to hide another truth from your brothers and sisters is contradictory. Before you demand truth from others, before you demand truth from the world around, start by demanding truth from yourself.

Did you seek counself from your brethren and from your elders? Did you disclose the full truth of your actions and intentions to them? Did you take their advice to heart?
Kelly Rabbit
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2013-02-20 02:35:05 UTC
Suffer not the witch to live. This is a perfect example of why we utter this maxim.

Better to die for the Empress than live for yourself.

Previous page123