These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Corax PVP

Author
Saer Fasire
#1 - 2013-02-19 00:34:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Saer Fasire
_____

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Limited 1mn Microwarpdrive I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Episilon Warp Scrambler I
Medium F-S9 Shield Extender

Ballistic Control II
Damage Control II

Anti-EM
Ancillary Current Router
Bay Loading Accelerator

_____

This is what I'm currently using. How does this Destroyer compare to the others? What other fits would you recommend?
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#2 - 2013-02-19 01:53:45 UTC
Adaptive invuln over the web imo

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#3 - 2013-02-19 02:13:03 UTC
Work with the ship's strength....DPS and mobility. Stick with the Web. Invuln would have been better if you used all shield tank rigs. You could also switch out to an AB granted you have decent frig tackle.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#4 - 2013-02-19 02:49:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarnak Wulf
I like how everyone right before the new destroyers came out was saying that the Corax was OP and the Algos was horrible. It really hasn't worked out that way.

If you want to use the rocket Corax make sure you take some bursts or bantams with you.
Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#5 - 2013-02-19 11:09:38 UTC
Buy a caracal, fit RML, disruptor and MWD Now you have 4 times the range, 1.5 times speed, and 5 times tank, with more DPS and better projection.

All for less than 20 mill.

I love the corax, but there is nothing it can do better than a caracal. Except if you are a 500k SP newbie doing L1 and the sister arc.
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-02-19 11:28:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Valleria Darkmoon
I like the light missile Corax actually.

High:
7x Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Mids:
Limited 1MN MWD I
Faint warp disruptor I
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution Script

Lows:
Internal Force Field Array I
Ballistic Control II

Rigs:
Small Ancillary Current Router I
2x Small Core Defense Field Extender I

For rigs I actually use only one extender and sub in 1 warhead calefaction rig but it needs perfect fitting skills and CA-1/CA-2 implants to work, the above fit will fit without any implants provided decent fitting skills.

The goal here is simple, you have 950 scan res and can often lock frigates faster than they lock you, that first volley lands and they're either in a pod or in structure and not interested in fighting anymore, volley number 2 will finish the job. Even the heaviest tanked frigates will be down very fast. The EHP is low but it doesn't really matter when your target is either dead or on the brink before they even lock. Your missiles are also essentially unkiteable as well since they move at 8.7km/s. Even with furies the ship bonuses put your explosion radius at a mere 50m and your target painter pretty much handles the rest.

EDIT: So in response to the above post, what does the Corax do that the Caracal does not? It almost instalocks, if you have boosts your scan res goes up over 1k and locks a frigate in less than 2s on average and can activate the gate on a small FW plex in low sec to gank the frigates inside.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#7 - 2013-02-19 11:40:10 UTC
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:

EDIT: So in response to the above post, what does the Corax do that the Caracal does not? It almost instalocks, if you have boosts your scan res goes up over 1k and locks a frigate in less than 2s on average and can activate the gate on a small FW plex in low sec to gank the frigates inside.

You know, you can still get almost the same scan res than a Corax in the Caracal If you fit two SEBOs while still being faster and with a LSE for thank. With just one SEBO, you have almost 600 scan res. Enough to lock frigs in less than 3 secs.

I agree about the low sec FW gate. But is very situational.
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-02-19 11:50:34 UTC
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:
I like the light missile Corax actually.

High:
7x Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Mids:
Limited 1MN MWD I
Faint warp disruptor I
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution Script

Lows:
Internal Force Field Array I
Ballistic Control II

Rigs:
Small Ancillary Current Router I
2x Small Core Defense Field Extender I

For rigs I actually use only one extender and sub in 1 warhead calefaction rig but it needs perfect fitting skills and CA-1/CA-2 implants to work, the above fit will fit without any implants provided decent fitting skills.

The goal here is simple, you have 950 scan res and can often lock frigates faster than they lock you, that first volley lands and they're either in a pod or in structure and not interested in fighting anymore, volley number 2 will finish the job. Even the heaviest tanked frigates will be down very fast. The EHP is low but it doesn't really matter when your target is either dead or on the brink before they even lock. Your missiles are also essentially unkiteable as well since they move at 8.7km/s. Even with furies the ship bonuses put your explosion radius at a mere 50m and your target painter pretty much handles the rest.

^this
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-02-19 11:57:49 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:

You know, you can still get almost the same scan res than a Corax in the Caracal If you fit two SEBOs while still being faster and with a LSE for thank. With just one SEBO, you have almost 600 scan res. Enough to lock frigs in less than 3 secs.

This is all true but seeing as I live in an active part of faction war space, the situation I described arises often.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#10 - 2013-02-19 12:17:57 UTC
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:

This is all true but seeing as I live in an active part of faction war space, the situation I described arises often.

Then enjoy your Corax :). I live in null so I had never found any real application for this little ship. Even if I like the design and the sound of a full rocket broadside.
Denuo Secus
#11 - 2013-02-19 12:43:51 UTC
Otrebla Utrigas wrote:
Buy a caracal, fit RML, disruptor and MWD Now you have 4 times the range, 1.5 times speed, and 5 times tank, with more DPS and better projection.

All for less than 20 mill.

I love the corax, but there is nothing it can do better than a caracal. Except if you are a 500k SP newbie doing L1 and the sister arc.

True. Same can be said about Algos vs Vexor fitting 1-2 nav computers. Also Dragoon vs. Arbi. Only the Talwar has an extra role because of the MWD sig bonus - something the Bellicose cannot replicate.

Since I don't want the anti-frig capabilities of t1 cruisers nerfed, I'd really wish those destroyers would have ~something~ special - a reason to fly them instead of the cruisers.