These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

James 315's "CSM Platform" May Begin The Decline Of the New Order

Author
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#121 - 2013-02-17 07:24:13 UTC
For the record, our company does not sell Catalysts on the open market.

Neither should yours.

Make these turds have to mine & build their own damn suicide ships and laugh at the irony.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#122 - 2013-02-17 12:06:36 UTC
Leonardo Esil wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

No, they just made it harder for you to canflip. You can still canflip, you just don' want to take the risk. You only want to canflip targets you know you can beat, and thus satisfy your risk-averse style of pvp. Man up and live up to the Order's "Risk vs Reward" sermons.

Find them some miners that are still jetcan mining and they'll flip them, since the exhumer changes it's very very rare to find people mining into cans.

You don't have to flip a can, you can also flip a wreck they killed.

Yes, because a miner is going to attack a flashy over belt rat loot. The linchpin of can flipping was that the miner had to either flag themselves for battle or lose some ore.

It does, and still, happens. Not every miner understands the mechanics, and will try and engage you when you go flashy. If it isn't working for you as often, then go scan down some mission runner and loot their vital mission completion loot.
Leonardo Esil
Miner Pinball INC
#123 - 2013-02-17 12:38:00 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:

Neither should yours.

Make these turds have to mine & build their own damn suicide ships and laugh at the irony.

Thank you for not competing with me?

Guide to making catalysts:

1. Buy materials from Jita
  2. Set up red frog contract to a station 2 jumps from Jita.
  3. Click manufacture.
  4. Wait a week.
  5. Red frog catalysts to market.
  6. Profit

Time required to do this: less than writing this post.

Captain Death1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#124 - 2013-02-17 14:01:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Death1
Fabio Bittar wrote:
Alright, I'll bite.

I can think of a few ways to re-balance "Risk vs Reward", make low and null sec space more attractive and at the same time not ruin the life of high sec pedobea-- carebears. Mind you, I've only put 5~10 minutes of thinking into this, but I believe it has merit. As I am sure a lot of people will read this and go berserk (and call me names, say how these changes would kill EVE, how they'd quit the game if anything like this ever happened, threaten to kill me, accuse me of raping children et cetera), I kindly ask for all future reply to include at least a modicum of mature criticism. Anyway, here goes my list of suggestions:

• Remove level 4 & 5 agents from High Sec. These agents should operate at the fringe of empire space (low sec); buff the rewards if you must, but have them operate where it makes sense. WHY would a level 4 agent operate out of Funtanainen (2 jumps from Jita) is beyond me. People are farming L4 missions to buy PLEX while sitting in High Sec. Where's the risk vs reward in this?
  • Remove all minerals with the exception of veldspar from High Sec. Empire space is where you learn the ropes, not a convenient place to hide and AFK mine, oblivious to the sandbox, farming PLEX while sitting in High Sec. Where's the risk vs reward balance in this?
  • Remove all exploration sites (not anomalies, but the ones requiring active probing to be found) from High Sec. The proliferation of carebear explorers is a serious threat to the economy. People are purchasing PLEX sitting in High Sec. Where's the risk vs reward balance in this?

The consequences are many, and re-balancing will promptly ensue in the form of self-policing and crime watch (and the consequences of being either an outlaw or a bounty-hunter) having actual meaning and usefulness in the context of the game. EVE will flourish again, the economy will be strengthened, subscriptions will go up (regardless of the eventual player quitting for not being able to purchase PLEX while sitting comfortably in carebear land anymore), and we will all be happier for it.

If the bulk of the playerbase is introduced to concord-less space, these players will find their way to ensure their safety and make life a living hell for outlaws. And the outlaws will love it. Numbers, specially large numbers and the NEED for valuable minerals and mission agents, will unite these bears-- people into meaningful, powerful alliances. And the carebears will find their game to be SO much better this way in the end. And they will thank me. Haha.

These are my 2 cents. Pirate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------this is a troll if i ever seen one game would run out of cash if they did what you wanted lol
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#125 - 2013-02-17 14:03:19 UTC

Neither should yours.

Your loss, the Catalyst market is absolutely booming right now, they've got a design fault, they seem to explode when within spitting distance of a mining vessel.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Captain Death1
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#126 - 2013-02-17 14:09:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Death1
you know they moved l5 out of high sec no one dose them same thing will happen with l4 most would just drop sub
in the end they would just have to change it back then players resub Twisted

its just the way it is nothing you can do but lose money are make more money i am sure witch one ccp is picking its easy to ask the game to do things that lose money when its not your money.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#127 - 2013-02-17 18:43:25 UTC
Or they could just go back and nerf the mission payouts in highsec, and buff the payouts in lowsec and null. I personally don't like the L5 missions because the majority of them are against the 4 major factions. Who the hell wants to do a L5 and then have to loot the tags just to make a profit off of them? Longer you are in the mission site, the more likely you will get ganked.
Lin Suizei
#128 - 2013-02-17 21:18:21 UTC
Captain Death1 wrote:
you know they moved l5 out of high sec no one dose

Just because highsec carebears don't do them doesn't mean "no one" does them.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2013-02-17 22:06:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Alana Charen-Teng
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Neither should yours.

Your loss, the Catalyst market is absolutely booming right now, they've got a design fault, they seem to explode when within spitting distance of a mining vessel.

Haha, "design fault" - I like to think of it as a "feature"!

I'm always amused by the seething anger behind all of Katran's posts about the New Order.
Agent Eunoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2013-02-18 01:44:35 UTC
Alana Charen-Teng wrote:

I'm always amused by the seething anger behind all of Katran's posts about the New Order.

While you are amused I am always amazed at the response of the people who are against the New Order of Highsec. The amount of swearing, rudeness, obnoxiousness, and all around hate-spewing is crazy.

The New Order of Highsec is nothing but a force for good in Highsec. Our family operates with great decorum, openness, politeness, and respect while the people who oppose the New Order are the complete opposite.

I have some advice for the opposition although, chances are, they may ignore it - you present a better point when you don't resort to name-calling, swearing, rudeness, or ridiculously over the top negativity.

Cinematic HD EVE Movies: http://www.youtube.com/user/EveEunoli/

Manny Moons
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2013-02-18 18:54:32 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

Yesterday I actually made it back to station with my Catalyst intact. Don't worry, it was pilot error, no fault of the ship.

Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#132 - 2013-02-19 01:02:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Karrl Tian
Xanthe Isgar wrote:
Bing Bangboom wrote:
You see, what I wanted was to somehow make my target do something he really didn't want to do...No, he had to make a decision between several choices, none of them desirable.

The miners didn't want to make those decisions so they demanded CCP make it for them. So now, I can't manipulate my target.

I highlighted the important parts, because this is really what is at the heart of the issue. For you, and everyone like you. It's all about control and conditions that favor you more than your target. Again, I will point out that over 70% of the map is open to the style of play that you desire. You're free to gank low and null sec miners all day long. The killmails are bigger. The tears are still there. The rewards are greater. So what's the problem? Here's the answer, and there's really no way of getting around it:

Because you're afraid to take the risk. Because low and null sec don't tip the odds heavily in your favor. Every single one of you "agents" prattle on about growing a pair and moving out of hisec. Follow your own advice. Being a hisec miner carries with it about as much risk vs reward as being a hisec ganker.

The victims of can-flipping had more control than the perpetrators. They literally decided when and if the fight would start. They could switch to a ship they knew would win. They could call in 100+ guys from their corp to kill the offender because he was flagged to all of them. Hell, if they were clever and familiar enough with game mechanics, they could snag the loot and warp away before the server even recognized it and flagged them.

But all that wasn't good enough. CCP more or less admitted with orebays and Crimewatch that miners were too antisocial and utterly clueless to learn the same mechanics as those who preyed on them (and NPC corp alts). So now we have Mackinaws and Retrievers and the Order. Bumping miners out of belts for ransom was unheard of a year ago because there were better alternatives like can-flipping and suicide ganking.

Personally, I'm sad that the Order exists. It's a sign of how much we've truly lost that this is the best highsec piracy besides corp theft and corp killing----and there's no telling how long the latter will be around now that CCP is adding dueling.

"Coming this Summer: War Games! No more corp flagging necessary!"
Eniarc
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#133 - 2013-02-19 11:15:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Eniarc
enterprisePSI wrote:
EVE is real.
In real life you have risks. The more the risks the more the rewards.
Fortune favours the bold.

His cause is just.

There seems to be a common misunderstanding amoungst the ranks of EVE players here.. i've noiticed. James is nothing more than an intelligent sociopathic showpony. Your mere words/arguement give him rise. He has done nothing more than take advantage of lesser minded people to wreak slow, but continuous and forethought havoc on players of EVE. Are you all truely that far behind this bloke's mentality..? I can do nothing, but shake my head, in shame. I'm embarrasing the average human by even having to point out the obvious of this bloke. Wake up... (slap slap) ;)

Ye, of little mind... tell me, can you drag your knuckle's, any closer to the ground..? hehe ;)
Manny Moons
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#134 - 2013-02-19 12:52:32 UTC
Eniarc wrote:
...I can do nothing, but shake my head, in shame...

And yet you accuse others of lacking intelligence.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#135 - 2013-02-19 19:17:07 UTC
Xanthe Isgar wrote:
Bing Bangboom wrote:
We are winning.

You in particular, BBB, since you are one of the more vocal proponents of the "New Order". What did you do in Eve before all of this came along? Were you just another hapless nobody? Were you just spinning ships and considering cancelling your sub? Where would YOU be without the New Order and James315?

You sound like you've just attended some faith revival and now you're "saved" and must preach to the masses.

Because that's all this really is. It's something for people to do. You're just a sheep, and content to follow the herd. You've found a higher calling and have heeded that call. It's amusing that you don't see that you are exactly what you are supposed to be fighting against. Just another mindless drone.

ANYONE can stop a miner from mining. ANY small fleet can lock down a system of non-combat ships. You are not a special snowflake just because you're backed by a blog and some phony doctrine. The angst-riddled nonsense about the hisec way of life is cute, it sells movie posters and t-shirts and creates a buzz. But don't delude yourself into believing that your "cause" is actually accomplishing anything.

True. Anyone can do it. But James DID it. BBB is a special snowflake not because he is backed by a blog, but because he interacts and DOES things as a part of that same community rippling across highsec into lowsec and into nullsec.

EVERYONE knows about it. Viral marketing at its best. Word of mouth.

Not because someone said something, or advertised it. But because someone in a non combat fitted stabber bumped some rock crushers and politely reinforced why he did it. With a system.

The point to ANYONE being ABLE to do it, is quite simply, the point.

The person who DOES do it is the special snowflake, not the other way around.

Enjoy your game.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#136 - 2013-02-19 19:24:06 UTC
Elinarien wrote:
CCP should just bow down to the demands of Goons & JamesXYZ or whatever his name is and just nerf high sec. I would also include in this change all other highsec money making opportunities such as trading and manufacture so that the economic focus is shifted entirely away from highsec.

That way we would see once and for all exactly what the impact would be...

1. If it works and the game flourishes then Goons etc are proven right and what we get is a tightly pvp-oriented game where there is a strong correlation to risk vs reward, high barriers to entry but significant opportunities to makes one's presence felt.

2. The game dies through irreversible and catastrophic loss of revenue.

Only way we will ever find out.

You know, funnily enough, the game would suffer less loss if all the null and lowsec population upped and left because highsec remained the same.

Food for thought.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Marlon Darmazaf
e-L00T Ltd.
#137 - 2013-02-19 20:26:56 UTC
Posting in a political debate about Interwebz spaceship policies. I guess we tired of Republicans and Democrats.

http://www.hark.com/clips/chsqkglsfk-the-more-they-overthink-the-plumbing

So... um... yeah!

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#138 - 2013-02-20 22:49:57 UTC
Karrl Tian wrote:
----and there's no telling how long the latter will be around now that CCP is adding dueling.

Duel scamming has started.

Join the New Order, buy your permit today, and follow the code.

www.minerbumping.com