These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rail Tengu???

Author
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-02-18 02:43:16 UTC
So I was flying around in my Tengu, and something came to my mind...

"Wait a second! This ship actually has a Hybrid subsystem! Do people ever use it?

And so I come here. Do people ever use rails on that ship, or even blasters for that matter?

So the question is, are Rail and/or Blaster tengus effective at anything? I'd imagine that if they were, more people would certainly use them.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Ave Kathrina
My Ass Is On Fire
#2 - 2013-02-18 02:52:26 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

"Wait a second! This ship actually has a Hybrid subsystem! Do people ever use it?

And so I come here. Do people ever use rails on that ship, or even blasters for that matter?

So the question is, are Rail and/or Blaster tengus effective at anything? I'd imagine that if they were, more people would certainly use them.

Prepare for the screaming.
I've done some really stupid shit in this game.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-02-18 03:05:16 UTC
Ave Kathrina wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Prepare for the screaming.

I personally wouldn't use a rail or blaster tengu, but I want to see if anyone ever experimented with such a potentially horrible idea.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Kasutra
Fleet Angel's Security Corporation
United Federation of Conifers
#4 - 2013-02-18 03:06:21 UTC
The rails sticking out of the hull provide much better radio reception than launchers do.

Okay, fine. Serious answer!
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

No, people never use it because the boat is just plain better with missiles.
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
Quantum Inquisition
#5 - 2013-02-18 05:37:44 UTC
Honestly, the best Hybrid Tengu is the shield nano Proteus. It sounds like a troll, I know, but a handful of pilots swear by it.
Cephelange du'Krevviq
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-02-18 05:59:20 UTC
I briefly considered giving it a try...but there was just shy of a 100 DPS advantage of a HAM set-up over Blasters. You also get a range advantage with HAMs.

"I am a leaf on the...ah, frak it!"

BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#7 - 2013-02-18 07:55:26 UTC
I've messed around with the blaster Tengu and while it is fun the Hamgu is better in every way
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-02-18 08:34:24 UTC
No, there's better (and a hell of a lot cheaper) options for a blaster platform and medium rails are just horrible.
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-02-18 12:07:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
Blaster tengus are awesome, rails not so much.
here's how I fit mine:

Quote:
[Tengu, Blasters]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Corelum C-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
True Sansha Warp Scrambler

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Tengu Defensive - Supplemental Screening
Tengu Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Tengu Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
Tengu Offensive - Magnetic Infusion Basin
Tengu Propulsion - Gravitational Capacitor

ony real issue on it is cap, which is horrible.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-02-18 16:10:05 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Nah, use the Nage for rails. And Gallente, maybe new ferox, for blasters.

They are simply better at the role.
Lili Lu
#11 - 2013-02-18 17:22:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Lili Lu
Sidus Isaacs wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Nah, use the Nage for rails. And Gallente, maybe new ferox, for blasters.

They are simply better at the role.

Yes, because the Brutix will be flying with one bonus. Gallente and Amarr in the suck atm. So much so that folks like you call the Ferox a Gallente ship?Straight

Gotta love the new active armor reppers and the same old active armor bonuses. They're gonna be so awesome just like the ASBs! It's totally gonna shake up . . aw forget itUgh

Edit - Ok maybe you were just suggesting the use of Gallente and/or the Ferox. Anyway, that Ferox will see more use in a blaster role than the Brutix will. Resist bonus and range bonus and nanos instead of plates better than cap dependant tank and guns and less mobility because can't nano and probably plated slug (see above about new AARs).
Nimrod vanHall
Van Mij Belastingvrij
#12 - 2013-02-18 18:17:50 UTC
There is one great use for the tengu hybrid sub system.
That is in ........ Armor tanked ECM tengus
Not that those ECMgu's actually use guns. But at least get they are used in W-Space to break guardian cap chains