These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

James 315's "CSM Platform" May Begin The Decline Of the New Order

Author
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#81 - 2013-02-12 19:41:05 UTC
Vin King wrote:
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:

BREAKING NEWS! High sec players aren't playing EVE! Video at 11.

BTW, someone is gonna have to tell all the Incursioners, miners, industrialists, mission runner, explorers, station traders, lowesc PvP roamers, haulers and socialites that this whole time they haven't actually been playing a video game.

Wait, are you talking about the same LowSec PvP roamers that are going to quit if they have to go to LowSec? I'm not sure how your argument is expected to work, but I think I might be able to find a fatal flaw in it somewhere.

Erm, I was talking about "Incursioners, miners, industrialists, mission runners, explorers, station traders, lowesc PvP roamers, haulers and socialites."

To paraphrase your strange post, at the significant risk of feeding a lazy troll, I'll just say, "I'm not sure how your 'argument' is expected to work, but if it is an argument, the fatal flaw is that you seem to think that people who by definition are roaming in low sec are somehow not, actually, roaming in low sec."

I think you and a lot of the interesting folks in this thread seem to have lost all manner of perspective when it comes to this video game. I'd blame the public education system, but I have no idea where/if you (or anyone else) went to school.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Kainotomiu Ronuken
koahisquad
#82 - 2013-02-12 19:46:29 UTC
Erm, I was talking about "Incursioners, miners, industrialists, mission runners, explorers, station traders, lowesc PvP roamers, haulers and socialites."

Yes, and he's picking 'lowesc PvP roamers' out of that list as someone you said wouldn't want to go to lowsec. It seems like a fair enough point to me; why would lowsec players complain about having to go to lowsec?

To paraphrase your strange post, at the significant risk of feeding a lazy troll, I'll just say, "I'm not sure how your 'argument' is expected to work, but if it is an argument, the fatal flaw is that you seem to think that people who by definition are roaming in low sec are somehow not, actually, roaming in low sec."

I'm not sure if you know what paraphrase means, but this sentence made no sense at all to me.

I think you and a lot of the interesting folks in this thread seem to have lost all manner of perspective when it comes to this video game. I'd blame the public education system, but I have no idea where/if you (or anyone else) went to school.

Personally I went to a private school, so in fact it's probably my sense of entitlement and lack of respect for the working class that causes me to act in this deplorable way.
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#83 - 2013-02-13 00:19:36 UTC
Kainotomiu Ronuken wrote:
Yes, and he's picking 'lowesc PvP roamers' out of that list as someone you said wouldn't want to go to lowsec. It seems like a fair enough point to me; why would lowsec players complain about having to go to lowsec?

Erm . . . He's picking one item out of a lengthy list of someone I said what about?

He trolled the thread by stating that everyone in high sec is not "playing the game," attempting to imply that high sec living and high sec activities are wrong. No two ways to interpret that, and he's not the only one with such an idiotic mindset.

I responded with sarcasm (they must only teach that in public school) to highlight how lacking one's perspective must be to assume that nobody like doing any of those many activities. FWIW, low sec roamers in that list implies people who live entirely in high sec, and just occasionally go on roams to get their PvP on.

You might wanna see if your parents can get a partial refund on that education. I'm sure you're "entitled" to it. :)

Vin King
State War Academy
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-02-13 04:12:01 UTC

Erm . . . He's picking one item out of a lengthy list of someone I said what about?

He trolled the thread by stating that everyone in high sec is not "playing the game," attempting to imply that high sec living and high sec activities are wrong. No two ways to interpret that, and he's not the only one with such an idiotic mindset.

I responded with sarcasm (they must only teach that in public school) to highlight how lacking one's perspective must be to assume that nobody like doing any of those many activities. FWIW, low sec roamers in that list implies people who live entirely in high sec, and just occasionally go on roams to get their PvP on.

You might wanna see if your parents can get a partial refund on that education. I'm sure you're "entitled" to it. :)

No, I clearly replied in a mocking manner to someone who said players who had to go to LowSec would quit playing. You replied with some hilarity about people who PvP in LowSec are included in the list of people who would quit if they had to go to LowSec. You jumped into a conversation with a non sequitur, and I highlighted that fact.

Your demonstration of reading comprehension is a complete failure. Twice now it's been pointed out to you that you are arguing that people who PvP in LowSec would quit the game if they had to go to LowSec.

That said, I apologize if my statement regarding what I think of the majority of players who would rather quit than set foot in LowSec confused you.

PS: It appears you need to rethink the strategy of bragging about your education. It's not working.

Proud member of the New Order of HighSec

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2013-02-13 04:18:21 UTC
Congratulations to both of you.. the internet has made you stupid Straight

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#86 - 2013-02-13 05:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein

You really need to learn what a Public School is, where I live it's generally an old and established school that costs considerable amounts of money to attend, Eton and Harrow are examples. It's an oxymoron, welcome to the vagaries of the English language. The term you are actually looking for is State School, a school that is funded & run by the state.

Like Kainotomiu, I had the privilege of a private education, which bizarrely enough was funded by the state, once again an oxymoron, but under the circumstances, for myself and many other pupils at that school quite normal, 75% of the students were military brats with one or more parents stationed overseas in countries with no English educational structure.

Sarcasm is not something that can be taught, you either get it, or you don't.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#87 - 2013-02-13 18:13:35 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:

You really need to learn what a Public School is, where I live it's generally an old and established school that costs considerable amounts of money to attend, Eton and Harrow are examples. It's an oxymoron, welcome to the vagaries of the English language. The term you are actually looking for is State School, a school that is funded & run by the state.

Like Kainotomiu, I had the privilege of a private education, which bizarrely enough was funded by the state, once again an oxymoron, but under the circumstances, for myself and many other pupils at that school quite normal, 75% of the students were military brats with one or more parents stationed overseas in countries with no English educational structure.

Sarcasm is not something that can be taught, you either get it, or you don't.

Too off topic to bother, this thread looks about dead anyway. Laters! :)

Ginger Barbarella
#88 - 2013-02-13 21:45:11 UTC
There's a whole politcal schpiel I had ready to post, but it all comes down to this: people say whatever the f*** they will to get elected, then nothing whatsoever happens. Propose your grandiose plans, it means nothing unless CCP chooses to do something about it.

Period.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#89 - 2013-02-14 00:58:31 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
If you honestly want a solo nobody interact with me EVE style game, I recommend X3. Great game. Even has mining.

X3 is what got me into EvE. Big smile

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2013-02-14 01:13:21 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
There's a whole politcal schpiel I had ready to post, but it all comes down to this: people say whatever the f*** they will to get elected, then nothing whatsoever happens. Propose your grandiose plans, it means nothing unless CCP chooses to do something about it.

Period.

Here's what your portrait should be

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4565980652439035&pid=15.1

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Bing Bangboom
DAMAG Safety Commission
#91 - 2013-02-14 17:49:26 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:

Period.

I think one of the really strong selling points of James' CSM campaign is that James DID make something happen. He spelled out the whole New Order of Highsec and the New Halaima Code of Conduct when it was just him and his idea.

Today, Agents of the New Order are spread across all of highsec bringing the message of The Code to miners and bot aspirants everywhere. Love us or hate us, you cannot say you haven't heard of us or our message. By the end of today, 14 February, the Knights of the New Order will have destroyed over 1000 ships and pods, in February alone. 100 billiion ISK of non compliant miners assets "seized" in fourteen days. The Code is being enforced by bump and gank. This IS happening.

For those who want their CSM representative to have both a vision AND a track record of accomplishment, you cannot do better than James. In fact, most of the opposition to James comes from people who fear he can do what he says he will. Just like he changed what many people think can be done in highsec, he can change what the CSM means to Eve.

315 4 CSM8

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

By choosing to mine in New Order systems, highsec miners have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct.  www.minerbumping.com

Xanthe Isgar
Doomheim
#92 - 2013-02-14 18:06:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Xanthe Isgar
Bing Bangboom wrote:
I think one of the really strong selling points of James' CSM campaign is that James DID make something happen. He spelled out the whole New Order of Highsec and the New Halaima Code of Conduct when it was just him and his idea.

...Agents of the New Order are spread across all of highsec bringing the message of The Code to miners and bot aspirants everywhere. Love us or hate us, you cannot say you haven't heard of us or our message. [snip]

For those who want their CSM representative to have both a vision AND a track record of accomplishment, you cannot do better than James. In fact, most of the opposition to James comes from people who fear he can do what he says he will. Just like he changed what many people think can be done in highsec, he can change what the CSM means to Eve.

I will give credit where credit is due: the whole New Order manifesto is creative. James315 should be given props for coming up with all of that, implementing it, and having enough charisma and gusto to put it all into motion.

As for the "Agents", you're all just puppets. You're bored players looking for something to do, and since hisec suicide ganking is a "fun" and low-risk activity, it's become popular for kids who would otherwise be out in public tripping old ladies as they cross the street. The actual Code itself, along with all it's ridiculousness, is a large part for the attention it gets on the forums.

When it comes to having real in-game ramifications, the New Order isn't even a boil on the ass of the overall economy. You're less than pocket lint. I realize you all have delusions of grandeur, but by James315 turning all of this into some kind of political platform, it just undermines what he was trying to achieve in my opinion. It's gotten away from what it really is: amusement for the PvP-impaired, to an agenda to fundamentally change the game.

Even if James315 is elected (which I doubt), CCP is not going to implement changes that alienate a large portion of their player base. To think otherwise is beyond foolish, it's just plain stupid.
Syds Sinclair
StratsCo
Pretenders
#93 - 2013-02-14 21:31:14 UTC
Xanthe Isgar wrote:
..As for the "Agents", you're all just puppets. You're bored players looking for something to do, and since hisec suicide ganking is a "fun" and low-risk activity, it's become popular...

..Great observation Xanthe! While I prefer the term "Missionaries" rather than "Puppets", I agree with this statement of yours!

It is true that James 315 and The New Order has created a fun, popular, and extremely risk free emergent gameplay.

What better endorsement for James 315 and his CSM candidacy? Thank you Xanthe for your support of James 315 wih this stunning show of honesty and support!
Bing Bangboom
DAMAG Safety Commission
#94 - 2013-02-14 22:54:27 UTC
Xanthe Isgar wrote:

As for the "Agents", you're all just puppets. You're bored players looking for something to do, and since hisec suicide ganking is a "fun" and low-risk activity, it's become popular for kids who would otherwise be out in public tripping old ladies as they cross the street. The actual Code itself, along with all it's ridiculousness, is a large part for the attention it gets on the forums.

When it comes to having real in-game ramifications, the New Order isn't even a boil on the ass of the overall economy. You're less than pocket lint. I realize you all have delusions of grandeur, but by James315 turning all of this into some kind of political platform, it just undermines what he was trying to achieve in my opinion. It's gotten away from what it really is: amusement for the PvP-impaired, to an agenda to fundamentally change the game.

Botslayer Goblin
In the Ice field
With the lead pipe, I mean, the Catalyst

Despite what the forum warriors (is this respectable pvp?) say about us, bumping and ganking are not the point of the New Order. Enforcing The New Halaima Code of Conduct is the point. And we are doing it. When we say we control a system we mean we can stop any player from mining that we choose to. And we do. Whether its knocking him across an ice field or blasting his ship into little pieces we make THAT player do as we say.

We don't need the respect of some hipster **@* poster on the forums. We don't even actually want anyone's respect. We want them to UNDERSTAND why its happening, but they don't have to like it. We want them to RECOGNIZE that they can't stop us exactly because of the changes to highsec they demanded. We want to SHOVE the consequences of the EHP buff, the ore hold expansion, CRIMEWATCH II and every other nerf to highsec pvp down their throats until they strangle on it.

That's why we don't mind insults, in the forums, in the blogs and in local. Every bump hurt miner is that much closer to realizing the truth. Every raging, meltdown in local is proof of their futility. Every threatened wardec that doesn't materialize is another chip into their willful ignorance of what Eve is supposed to be and what it is becoming. You think you are feeling disdain, anger, contempt. What you are really feeling is fear.

If you think James has now turned this into something different... well, this is just you finally recognizing what it was all along.

So, look at where the New Order was a few months ago. And look at us now. We are winning.

315 4 CSM8

Bing Bangboom
Belligerent Undesirable

By choosing to mine in New Order systems, highsec miners have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct.  www.minerbumping.com

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2013-02-14 23:35:13 UTC
Bing Bangboom wrote:
Xanthe Isgar wrote:

Botslayer Goblin
In the Ice field
With the lead pipe, I mean, the Catalyst

Despite what the forum warriors (is this respectable pvp?) say about us, bumping and ganking are not the point of the New Order. Enforcing The New Halaima Code of Conduct is the point. And we are doing it. When we say we control a system we mean we can stop any player from mining that we choose to. And we do. Whether its knocking him across an ice field or blasting his ship into little pieces we make THAT player do as we say.

We don't need the respect of some hipster **@* poster on the forums. We don't even actually want anyone's respect. We want them to UNDERSTAND why its happening, but they don't have to like it. We want them to RECOGNIZE that they can't stop us exactly because of the changes to highsec they demanded. We want to SHOVE the consequences of the EHP buff, the ore hold expansion, CRIMEWATCH II and every other nerf to highsec pvp down their throats until they strangle on it.

That's why we don't mind insults, in the forums, in the blogs and in local. Every bump hurt miner is that much closer to realizing the truth. Every raging, meltdown in local is proof of their futility. Every threatened wardec that doesn't materialize is another chip into their willful ignorance of what Eve is supposed to be and what it is becoming. You think you are feeling disdain, anger, contempt. What you are really feeling is fear.

If you think James has now turned this into something different... well, this is just you finally recognizing what it was all along.

So, look at where the New Order was a few months ago. And look at us now. We are winning.

315 4 CSM8

Bing Bangboom
Belligerent Undesirable

o7

Alonzo Harris
Feminist Vegan Riot Squad
#96 - 2013-02-14 23:50:52 UTC
Bing Bangboom wrote:
Enforcing The New Halaima Code of Conduct is the point. And we are doing it. When we say we control a system we mean we can stop any player from mining that we choose to. And we do. Whether its knocking him across an ice field or blasting his ship into little pieces we make THAT player do as we say.

no you dont. been waiting a week, i was promissed t3 bc ganks, and you never delivered Cry

Power to the People! http://freehighsec.wordpress.com/

Xanthe Isgar
Doomheim
#97 - 2013-02-14 23:58:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Xanthe Isgar
Bing Bangboom wrote:
We are winning.

You in particular, BBB, since you are one of the more vocal proponents of the "New Order". What did you do in Eve before all of this came along? Were you just another hapless nobody? Were you just spinning ships and considering cancelling your sub? Where would YOU be without the New Order and James315?

You sound like you've just attended some faith revival and now you're "saved" and must preach to the masses.

Because that's all this really is. It's something for people to do. You're just a sheep, and content to follow the herd. You've found a higher calling and have heeded that call. It's amusing that you don't see that you are exactly what you are supposed to be fighting against. Just another mindless drone.

ANYONE can stop a miner from mining. ANY small fleet can lock down a system of non-combat ships. You are not a special snowflake just because you're backed by a blog and some phony doctrine. The angst-riddled nonsense about the hisec way of life is cute, it sells movie posters and t-shirts and creates a buzz. But don't delude yourself into believing that your "cause" is actually accomplishing anything.
Nathalie LaPorte
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2013-02-15 01:07:18 UTC
Xanthe Isgar wrote:

Because that's all this really is. It's something for people to do.

So basically what you're saying, Xanthe, is that EVE isn't real, it's just a game, and we should put down our mice and walk outside into the sunlight?

Firstly, EVE is real, and I hate you I hate you I hate you. I haven't left my computer in 7 years, how dare you say EVE isn't real?

Secondly, your quote about "that's all this really is, It's something for people to do", while it applies 20% to what you're talking about, the new order, and 38% to EVE online itself...it applies 99.2% to posting on EVE-O forums. Hoist by your own petard!

Xanthe Isgar wrote:
ANYONE can stop a miner from mining. ANY small fleet can lock down a system of non-combat ships. You are not a special snowflake just because you're backed by a blog and some phony doctrine. The angst-riddled nonsense about the hisec way of life is cute, it sells movie posters and t-shirts and creates a buzz. But don't delude yourself into believing that your "cause" is actually accomplishing anything.

I agree completely, anyone could do what the New Order is doing, even the miners themselves. You have concisely and clearly demonstrated that anyone criticizing the New Order for attacking defenseless miners is incorrect, as those miners are free to do everything that the New Order does themselves and therefore are equal in potential to them. They just choose to continue to play afk and get blown to smithereens. Thank you for your wonderful efforts posting on behalf of the New Order!
Xanthe Isgar
Doomheim
#99 - 2013-02-15 01:53:54 UTC
Nathalie LaPorte wrote:
....mindless drivel....

As illustrated by your own points, the New Order is pointless. AFK miners will simply return to the keyboard to find themselves in a medical station. They'll simply reship and go out and do it again.
Agent Eunoli
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2013-02-15 01:56:27 UTC
Xanthe Isgar wrote:

You are correct ANYONE can stop a miner from mining or form up a small fleet to lock down a system but most people just talk about it and don't do it.

The "cause" is actually accomplishing something: it gets people to interact and is increasing awareness of what actually happens in highsec.

There are multiple threads that are on-going on the EVE Online forums, there are players who are trying to band together to "defeat" the New Order of Highsec, there are more players each day who embrace the movement and participate, and there is a lot of discussion over the merits of Highsec AFK mining.

In other words the New Order of Highsec is actually accomplishing something.

Even your post proves just that.

Cinematic HD EVE Movies: http://www.youtube.com/user/EveEunoli/