These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

James 315 - An Apology and an Appeal

Author
Dyjal'Ryn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#101 - 2013-02-14 21:30:39 UTC
What is this...
I don't even...
Frying Doom
#102 - 2013-02-14 21:39:51 UTC
Well there you have it

James 315's RvB alt.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#103 - 2013-02-14 21:53:21 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

... Subscriptions doing nothing but increase (not counting the incarna fiasco) ...

Incarna would have been a success if we were allowed to gank other players in station.

"Nice implants ya got there, miner-boy ..." ( sets phaser to deep fry )

Join the New Order, buy your permit today, and follow the code.

www.minerbumping.com

Miss Spent Youth
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2013-02-14 21:53:29 UTC
or you could, ya know, go outside in the yard and pull the legs off spiders.
Josef Djugashvilis
#105 - 2013-02-14 21:54:46 UTC
I have two characters, both of whom live hi-sec, but I sure as hell do not consider myself a hi-sec player....

Sorry, Mynnna, I could not resist.

Your post just made me smile.

This is not a signature.

Agent Trask
Doomheim
#106 - 2013-02-14 21:55:08 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Well there you have it

James 315's RvB alt.

We are all Spartacus James 315!

www.minerbumping.com

Vin King
State War Academy
Caldari State
#107 - 2013-02-14 22:00:57 UTC
Miss Spent Youth wrote:
or you could, ya know, go outside in the yard and pull the legs off spiders.

We do. It just so happens that our yard is HighSec, and the spiders that inhabit it are called "miners."

Proud member of the New Order of HighSec

Infamous ElGuapo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2013-02-14 22:02:19 UTC
Drama...conflict....interweb spaceships... lol

Continue..... you amuse me.
Agent Trask
Doomheim
#109 - 2013-02-14 22:11:01 UTC
Infamous ElGuapo wrote:
Drama...conflict....interweb spaceships... lol

Continue..... you amuse me.

o7

We live to serve!

www.minerbumping.com

Miss Spent Youth
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2013-02-14 22:11:33 UTC
The tears from "hard core Pee v Pee players" are far sweeter than any other.

I think you will find many carebears are perfectly happy for pvp to take place consensual or not. it is the douchbaggery that goes on that sticks in the claw.
The thing I find Ironic from the OP is that he is in a corp that is only about consensual pvp. The lamest pvp model ever.
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#111 - 2013-02-14 22:34:05 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
Miss Spent Youth wrote:
The tears from "hard core Pee v Pee players" are far sweeter than any other.

I think you will find many carebears are perfectly happy for pvp to take place consensual or not. it is the douchbaggery that goes on that sticks in the claw.
The thing I find Ironic from the OP is that he is in a corp that is only about consensual pvp. The lamest pvp model ever.

Eh... That alliance is about instant and constant PVP and nothing else.

It's a great addition to EVE for people that want to jump into PVP through the crash course that is otherwise known as RvB.
Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#112 - 2013-02-14 23:03:30 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
the 'carebear dollar' myth is exactly that, a 'simple and fundamental fact' proven time and again.

Then why has the game consistently moved towards safer and easier?
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#113 - 2013-02-14 23:15:55 UTC
Read the first post, got disinterested. Boring topic about a boring subject. The end.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#114 - 2013-02-14 23:17:43 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Then why has the game consistently moved towards safer and easier?
Because myths hold great power over the human mind.

And carebears are the whiniest motherfuckers on the planet.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Corey Fumimasa
CFM Salvage
#115 - 2013-02-14 23:20:08 UTC
Imiarr Timshae wrote:
Read the first post, got disinterested. Boring topic about a boring subject. The end.

Your a real mover and a shaker huh?
Azrin Stella Oerndotte
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#116 - 2013-02-14 23:28:46 UTC
I can't believe someone would be so butthurt over no longer being able to kill miners with no risk at all. What the hell.

I believe that the aggression changes promote pvp in highsec, because now people can shoot you more often, you all want others to experience more risk but when you are the ones that get that risk, you scream like children. Entitled children.

You can still pray on newbs that doesn't know aggresion mechanics, you can till can flip (need a buddy for it though). Mining barges has been easy as hell to gank for way too long and unless they sit in a procurer or skiff, they can still be ganked without too much trouble (they don't fit tank, right?).
Kuseka Adama
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2013-02-14 23:28:58 UTC
I've said it before i'll say it again. He's an agent of the goons.

All New Order pilots are KOS regardless what concord or CCP says. I think he's fanning the flames far too early and i will be voting against him in CSM.

And until the leader of goonswarm...no let me rephrase that. the Leader of the CircleJerk that null sec has become (which is quite frankly WORSE than high sec at the moment in terms of carebearing) Stands up and proves James 315 is banned from all goonswarm servers and factions i have no reason to believe ANYTHING that's been said by him or his agents. Or that this so called new order is nothing but a crock of BS.

While the OP gave a long thought out post and actually highlights a potential problem. The fact of the matter is this. He has no CCP authority. What he does is against concord rules. He's no Savior. In that respect he's exactly like Barrack Obama. And yes since we're going into those kind of conversations i'm going to go there.

His followers are just as fanatical potentially even more so. And what he wants will only enhance the circlejerk collective that null sec has become. Fail thread 1/10.
Simon Louvaki
Khaldari InnoTektoniks and Analytical Solutions
#118 - 2013-02-14 23:34:13 UTC
Vaeliel wrote:

See, I thought what you've been doing for 8 months now was an elaborate and brilliantly executed troll on a scale not seen in High Sec before. I was right.

Fixed it for ya.

-- "The weak of mind are quick to judge with slightest tempt; Thus fools go forth to spread false word." - The Scriptures, Book of Trials 2:13 - 2:21

--"At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend." - Hyasyoda Proverb

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#119 - 2013-02-14 23:34:51 UTC
Azrin Stella Oerndotte wrote:
I can't believe someone would be so butthurt over no longer being able to kill miners with no risk at all. What the hell.

I believe that the aggression changes promote pvp in highsec, because now people can shoot you more often, you all want others to experience more risk but when you are the ones that get that risk, you scream like children. Entitled children.

You can still pray on newbs that doesn't know aggresion mechanics, you can till can flip (need a buddy for it though). Mining barges has been easy as hell to gank for way too long and unless they sit in a procurer or skiff, they can still be ganked without too much trouble (they don't fit tank, right?).

congratulations, you managed to produce three whole paragraphs that are completely irrelevant to the topic. i strongly encourage you to read the OP and actually try to understand it.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#120 - 2013-02-14 23:35:58 UTC
Vaeliel wrote:
To parallel this for you - the criminal flagging system introduced with the latest CrimeWatch update was exactly the same thing Ultima Online did to aggression and thievery mechanics when they changed the notoriety system to be far less forgiving to criminals. The last CrimeWatch update was so similar to the Ultima Online changes way back when that I'm almost certain CCP simply molded them to fit their game. Criminally flagging an aggressor makes him open to attack from everyone, providing a huge deterrent to aggressive behaviors without outright making them impossible.

The suspect flagging system simply requires a little more thinking about how you capture your prey. No longer are you safe just harassing one person. You have to get them to aggress you.

All this focus on harassing miners in hisec and complaining about hisec security mechanics is missing something. Since you raised Trammel in your long, pointless rant, you should pay more attention to why Trammel ruined Ultima Online: the main reason is that everything you could do in Felucca, you could also do in Trammel with no risk.

Let's have a look at EVE Online: can you do everything in hisec that you can do in lowsec or nullsec? No capitals, no bubbles, no reaction labs, no moon harvesting, certain ores are missing. So right there at the base of the economy, hisec is not going to become Trammel. How can you ensure that hisec doesn't devolve into Trammel? Encourage CCP to move all industry into player hands. There should no longer be instant refining of unlimited volumes of materials. There should no longer be copious quantities of manufacturing lines available at NPC facilities.

The Trammel-isation of hisec is not going to happen. Your fears are unfounded. The platform of James 315 is based on untruths.