These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

interim shield tank ship for c4?

Author
Backfyre
Hohmann Transfer
#1 - 2013-02-14 15:24:24 UTC
I have a gallente (armor/hybrids) trained character looking to run in C4 sleeper sites with a small RR shield gang. Solid hybrid skills, shield skills are "meh" and marginal T1 heavy missiles. I have a shield hyperion as my current baseline but don't like all the mass and the "stretch" of using a shield tank on it. It works but I am looking for better. I also have a drake but want better DPS.

Can fly command ships so a vulture with T2 rails would only be about 22 days out. DPS is kind of "meh" (about two thirds of a tengu) but I could add value with a link or two. Cruiser 5 is also a stepping stone to a tengu. Have proteus and could just self rep, but the neuts become a problem.

I'm looking for a shield tank ship with a 25ish day training solution that has decent DPS. Is there a pirate ship that could fit the bill sooner? Solid Tengu is 75+ days out due to lack of shield/missile support skills. I have other priorities for my training queue so not really wanting to dedicate 75+ days right now.

Current skill set is roughly T2 hybrids; marginal T1 heavy missiles; T2 armor tank; minimum T2 shield; BC 5; command ships; HAC. (NO projectile / lasers)

Thanks in advance.
Doctorkaba
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-02-14 15:44:40 UTC
I have heard that a domi works fine, might look into that. Other than that..... vindicator? (lols)

Want some pvp help? Like to fly small and fast frigates? Then join the in game channel Tenori_Tigers!

Otrebla Utrigas
Iberians
#3 - 2013-02-14 16:24:56 UTC
Talos.
Gal'o Sengen
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-02-14 17:11:50 UTC
If you have RR, a Talos works perfectly fine.
Backfyre
Hohmann Transfer
#5 - 2013-02-14 18:22:14 UTC
Ah. Thanks. Will look at Talos and Naga fits. Was a little leery about the glass tank.