These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

(!) Introduce separate group of drone damage notifications

Author
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#1 - 2013-02-12 03:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Fon Revedhort
At the moment the entire damage log including the one shown right at the screen is cluttered with a number of glancing lines, so I, for one, have already disabled incoming damage notifications to be able to notice just *something* out of that mess. Still another problem arises - usually a pack of light drones produces so much more hits than guns that it is hardly possible to isolate the stuff you actually need - damage dealt by your guns or missiles.

Damage dealt by drones is more or less consistent and hardly varies at all, while guns and missiles are an entirely different story and I as a player want to focus on them alone. But it's really difficult to do that when 9 out of 10 notifications belong to drones, needlessly cluttering my screen.

CCP UI guys, is it really that hard to get it fixed and give us an option to separately disable drone damage indications?

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#2 - 2013-02-14 07:47:18 UTC
Bump, as I really need this feature.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

SMT008
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-02-14 09:01:42 UTC
Yes please.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#4 - 2013-02-14 11:00:57 UTC
I can get behind this. As long as it's an easy one to implement.

+1

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#5 - 2013-02-18 14:50:58 UTC
Anyone else? Come on, I don't believe most like current mess.

Sinigr Shadowsong
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-02-18 16:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinigr Shadowsong
+1
Hate drone-damage garbrage on my screen.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#7 - 2013-02-21 01:49:30 UTC
CCP, can I please at least get a reply saying you are aware of the problem?

Shade Alidiana
PROSPERO Corporation
#8 - 2013-03-03 05:51:17 UTC
Can't say I want them disabled, but yes, drones need to be separated in some way.Maybe merging their notifications to one per time period or per drone group?
Luc Chastot
#9 - 2013-03-03 07:18:08 UTC
If CCP ever fixed the drone mechanics, they could probably just give damage notifications per drone group/type.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dycer Omaki
NeoDyne Laboratories
#10 - 2013-03-03 07:54:21 UTC
+1

Or at least the ability to group all drone logs into one lump (an average or something)
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#11 - 2013-03-03 12:24:08 UTC
Do drones generate damage reports saying "10000 from Hobgoblin II Penetrates" or does the report just say "10000 to Serpentis Dragonking Penetrates"? I don't remember offhand, but as I think about it I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Even if we don't have drones separated into a separate group (which seems impractical as they're considered to be weapons just like your medium rails and citadel torpedoes and nevermind figuring out where to put the messages), then perhaps some kind of mark next to the message would be helpful. Grouping all the drone damage into a single message probably wouldn't work so well either, considering that the drones don't actually all fire at the same time, but putting something like a "D" in front of the messages for drone-generated damage might be good.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#12 - 2013-03-06 15:53:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Fon Revedhort
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Do drones generate damage reports saying "10000 from Hobgoblin II Penetrates" or does the report just say "10000 to Serpentis Dragonking Penetrates"? I don't remember offhand, but as I think about it I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Even if we don't have drones separated into a separate group (which seems impractical as they're considered to be weapons just like your medium rails and citadel torpedoes and nevermind figuring out where to put the messages), then perhaps some kind of mark next to the message would be helpful. Grouping all the drone damage into a single message probably wouldn't work so well either, considering that the drones don't actually all fire at the same time, but putting something like a "D" in front of the messages for drone-generated damage might be good.

You seem to have missed the point entirely - first of all, yes, notifications clearly say if damage is being dealt by drones, but the thing is, there are just too many notifications rolling in a 3 line bar. They replace each other at the speed of light and thus it's a weird mess of hardly any practical usage.

Rythm
True Power Team
#13 - 2013-03-24 10:48:23 UTC
+1
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#14 - 2013-03-24 11:02:14 UTC
+1 bump.

The damage notifications are also very untidy and spoil the precision of the rest of the UI. A change is definately needed.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...