These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Xenuria - CSM 8

First post First post First post
Author
Xenuria
#1 - 2013-02-10 13:52:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
I am officially announcing my candidacy for the 8th Council of Stellar Management. This thread will be used to answer questions. Any questions I answer that I feel are important or meaningful will be posted in the OP.

-Core Platform-

Risk vs Reward

My central focus is the concept of Risk vs Reward, this is something that effects almost everything a player can do in EvE.
Currently there is a good deal of mathematical inconsistency when it comes to the way in which PVE content rewards players as well as the proportion of risk(s) that would lead to said rewards. I think the new AI changes were a step in the right direction in so far as they discourage people from just going afk and disengaging from the content. I personally feel like players should be rewarded not just for completing a task/mission but for how effective they are at doing it. Right now there is a stagnation as players do the same missions over and over again with the same reward each time now matter how quickly or slowly or dispationatly they finish the task. If missions and pve encounters were tooled in such a way that they rewarded based on factors like combat effectiveness or how few people were used to complete the encounter this would be better. In this example somebody who warps in and deploys drones before going to make food would make way less isk and loyalty points than somebody who has a pimped out ship that steamrolls through the opposition.

New Player Experience

Secondary to my focus on Risk vs Reward is the New Player Experience. New players will be encouraged to do the tutorial and then the career agents; sometimes they will even do the noob arc but what then? I have been getting a great deal of feedback from people whom I have given buddy invites and the most common source of confusion and frustration is "what do I do now?". After doing the tutorial, Career Agents and then the noob arc there really isn't much in the way of guidance. I am not saying hold hands but I am saying there should be something that influences less intuitive players to the effect that they set out a plan of action that they ultimately find rewarding.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#2 - 2013-02-10 14:56:25 UTC
I'll bite.

First off, what's your in-game resume, and how does it make you a good candidate for CSM 8?

http://www.wormholes.info

Scottacus XIV
O C C U P Y
#3 - 2013-02-10 14:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Considering your state of having been ********** from TEST on two occasions, arguably the worst alliance in EVE AND probably the easiest nullsec alliance to get into, what can you provide to CCP, the CSM, and the greater Eve Playerbase that couldn't be done by a monkey with diahrrea and an itchy trigger finger?

Redacted filter-evading profanity. -- ISD LackOfFaith
cragz
Four-Q
#4 - 2013-02-10 17:42:16 UTC
I get a sense of deceit and trolling when some nub day old alt claims they are planning to be a candidate for CSM. A role where someone with reasoning and experience is needed to look after the player base interests without any bias.

Show your (real) self fool.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#5 - 2013-02-10 17:47:59 UTC
cragz wrote:

Oh, believe me, Xenuria has plenty of a reputation with this character.

Xenuria
#6 - 2013-02-10 18:01:22 UTC
cragz wrote:
I get a sense of deceit and trolling when some nub day old alt claims they are planning to be a candidate for CSM. A role where someone with reasoning and experience is needed to look after the player base interests without any bias.

My "Real" Self?

My name is Aaron Bongart and I am a Psychology Grad Student with a heavy focus on Gender and Sexuality Studies. I get a natural euphoric high from learning new things that interest me. I am very patient and easy to get along with. People who know me in the real world have had very diverse interpretations of me as a person. When I was younger I was told by a few people that I had a "mystical" quality about me (whatever that means) and as I got older and more social my peers characterized me as being methodical and charismatic.

I guess the best way to articulate who I "really" am "depends on whose looking".
Singular Snowflake
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-02-10 18:09:40 UTC
If elected, will you be trying influence CCP to get breasts for male avatars?
BobFromMarketing
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-02-10 18:14:21 UTC
Singular Snowflake wrote:

Fursuits
Xenuria
#9 - 2013-02-10 18:20:12 UTC

I think the current CSM will agree with me when I say that it is not the responsibility of the CSM to play "Jr. Developer". As a member of the CSM you job is to act as a membrane between the players and the developers. Something that offers input and constructive criticism when appropriate. If I am elected to the CSM I will do my best to put my desires and wants aside and focus on what is best for EVE. The CSM arguably has more power now than it ever has and because of this CCP is sharing a great deal more with the CSM. It is important that the CSM is full of people who have the time, energy and resources to contribute.

BobFromMarketing
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2013-02-10 18:32:46 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

I think the current CSM will agree with me when I say that it is not the responsibility of the CSM to play "Jr. Developer". As a member of the CSM you job is to act as a membrane between the players and the developers. Something that offers input and constructive criticism when appropriate. If I am elected to the CSM I will do my best to put my desires and wants aside and focus on what is best for EVE. The CSM arguably has more power now than it ever has and because of this CCP is sharing a great deal more with the CSM. It is important that the CSM is full of people who have the time, energy and resources to contribute.

Did you seriously just answer with "I have no stances and will give you people whatever you want"?

Pandering ftw.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2013-02-10 18:40:09 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

I think the current CSM will agree with me when I say that it is not the responsibility of the CSM to play "Jr. Developer". As a member of the CSM you job is to act as a membrane between the players and the developers.

This prospective CSM member strongly disagrees. Whilst I'm not running for the post of "Jr. Developer" I certainly see it as my role to represent & promote a perspective on and a philosophy of the game. Anyone who votes for me is surely absolutely confident of what voice they're putting forward to speak with CCP.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Xenuria
#12 - 2013-02-10 18:41:24 UTC
BobFromMarketing wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

Did you seriously just answer with "I have no stances and will give you people whatever you want"?

Pandering ftw.

The question was not about what my stances are. The question was if I was going to push for breasts on male avatars. I answered to the effect that the CSM is not about people saying "I want this! Elect me!". It's about the ability to communicate and work with people more than anything else. If you lack the skills to work with others and communicate effectively then it won't really matter what you think is a good idea or not.
Xenuria
#13 - 2013-02-10 18:44:48 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

I think the current CSM will agree with me when I say that it is not the responsibility of the CSM to play "Jr. Developer". As a member of the CSM you job is to act as a membrane between the players and the developers.

This prospective CSM member strongly disagrees. Whilst I'm not running for the post of "Jr. Developer" I certainly see it as my role to represent & promote a perspective on and a philosophy of the game. Anyone who votes for me is surely absolutely confident of what voice they're putting forward to speak with CCP.

A fair point, In truth if I was not running I would be backing you as a candidate. The reality of the situation is you are going to get the votes you need regardless. I will have to really put in work to get the vote out for my campaign. My stances are centered around risk vs reward and the overarching principle that the mechanics behind reward need attention. However this is not the core and singular purpose behind my campaign. I am running because I feel I can be effective not because I have a personal agenda to push.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-02-10 19:14:36 UTC
Xenuria is a necessary part to all CSM elections for the vital category of "who got less votes then xenuria"
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#15 - 2013-02-10 19:24:54 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
The question was not about what my stances are. The question was if I was going to push for breasts on male avatars. I answered to the effect that the CSM is not about people saying "I want this! Elect me!". It's about the ability to communicate and work with people more than anything else. If you lack the skills to work with others and communicate effectively then it won't really matter what you think is a good idea or not.

Don't dodge the question, Xeen! They're eating you alive already. Trying to be political here is suicide, just stand up and tell us the truth - you would love for CCP to add female breasts on male avatars, right? I mean who wouldn't??

Be yourself and you'll build a constituency - cater to the masses here, and they'll bury you.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#16 - 2013-02-10 19:35:19 UTC
*is still waiting for an answer to his question, in the very second post on this thread*

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#17 - 2013-02-10 19:37:50 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
*is still waiting for an answer to his question, in the very second post on this thread*

Oh come on, lighten up. That's not why everyone's coming to this thread and you know it. Twisted

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2013-02-10 19:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
can't be worse then seleene, trebor or the 'mercenary candidate' who didn't think to address wardec evasion like NPC corps or corphopping when CCP was releasing a wardec-themed expansion

Xenuria what is your opinion on corphopping and NPC corps?
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#19 - 2013-02-10 19:42:30 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:

Oh come on, lighten up. That's not why everyone's coming to this thread and you know it. Twisted

Well, true...

Xenuria
#20 - 2013-02-10 19:53:02 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

Don't dodge the question, Xeen! They're eating you alive already. Trying to be political here is suicide, just stand up and tell us the truth - you would love for CCP to add female breasts on male avatars, right? I mean who wouldn't??

Be yourself and you'll build a constituency - cater to the masses here, and they'll bury you.

I honestly and truly feel that the mechanics behind how players are rewarded for their actions need attention. I have a number of ideas on how the game experience can be improved upon but I also feel like using those ideas or concept as the central point of my campaign is ill advised. If somebody asks a specific question about something I will answer it but I am not going to make this thread or my campaign about what I would do if I could shape the game at a core level.
123Next pageLast page