These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will we see any content added to exploration?

Author
Azemar
The Shisha Lounge Club
Monkey Fleet
#1 - 2013-02-10 08:42:59 UTC
The way it was designed really gives it a plethora of potential changes that could make it awesome; however, we haven't seen any real content changes to exploration. Do you think we might see some genuine dev effort put into this genre of gameplay?

What would you like to see?
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-02-10 11:32:07 UTC
I'd like to see all the sites do a complete internal respawn of NPC's and structures if not completed by downtime. Especially those that need a gatekey to advance further into the site.

I just happened to scan down an Angel 2/10 DED Complex about a half hour before Downtime and after switching from Cruiser into Frigate, had 20 minutes to hopefully do a blitz. I entered the site to see no NPC's or Deadspace structure in the first area which means no gatekey available to advance to the 2nd of 3 areas. Don't know if the 2nd area was even completed which means I have to get both keys to insure access to the 3rd area where the main Overseer is located..

Lucky thing I have some extra keys stashed away, unfortunately those keys are half a dozen jumps away. Players shouldn't have to carry extra keys around just in case this situation presents itself again. Those keys should also be made available for sale in the Regional Markets.

Anyway, time to log back in and hope for the best.

DMC
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-02-11 00:26:03 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Well, I logged back in right after Downtime and the 2/10 DED complex - Angel Creo-Corp Mining - was still the same, no NPC's or structures in the 1st area with locked Acceleration gate to 2nd area .

Since there's no way to know exactly how much of the Complex was already completed, I had to travel a dozen jumps roundtrip to get the required gatekeys, the Creo-Synchronization Pass (for Acceleration gate leading to 2nd area) and the Factory Gatekey (for Acceleration gate leading to 3rd area) which I had collected years ago.

Finally back in the complex, I accessed the gate to the 2nd area. Lo and behold, all NPC's and Overseer structure holding the gatekey to the 3rd area was still active, much to my surprise and joy. After collecting up bounties and the 2nd gatekey from the structure, I accessed the 3rd area which was also full of NPC's and the main Overseer structure. Once again I collected up bounties and then went for the main Overseer structure.

I have to say that despite the hassle of doing multiple jumps in order to deal with locked gates that have no replacement keys available in Regional Markets or Public Contracts, I was still able to complete and despawn the site as well as gain some Faction loot. All due to the fact that I had some extra gatekeys stashed away from years ago. I truly believe that with downtime, all exploration complexes that are not completed should have all structures and NPC's respawned within the site which will allow other players to complete the sites..

Anyway, the loot collected consisted of a couple of high meta level Tech 1 modules, 1x Angel Copper Tag, 1x 4th Tier Overseer's Personal Effects, 1x 5th Tier Overseer's Personal Effects, 1x Gistii B-Type Small Shield Transporter and 1x Gistii B-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive.

Not bad and I still have a few more gatekeys left stashed away just in case. Hopefully this situation won't happen too often or else these sites are just gonna sit around for a few days until they naturally despawn, constantly teasing us explorers and wasting our valuable time..

DMC
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#4 - 2013-02-11 03:30:53 UTC
Azemar wrote:
What would you like to see?

True DEDs and pseudo DEDs for all factions at all DED ratings.

Why not? We can dream.
Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#5 - 2013-02-11 07:22:25 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:

True DEDs and pseudo DEDs for all factions at all DED ratings.

This ^

And additionally : MAKE THEM ROGUE DRONES SITES ACTUALLY WORTHWHILE TO DO ( terribly sorry for the caps here but I'm sure you will agree that they are justified in this case Blink )

- introduce new faction mods for rogue drones ( DDA, OTL, DLA, DNC ).
- make drone overseers drop ALL types of T2 salvage.
- make integrated and augumented drones buildable again ( BPCs dropping from sentient drones, overseers and nullsec radars in drone null space ).
- add T2 rogue drone implants ( similar to pirate sets like snakes ), which are dropped by sentient drones. They could boost all drone stats ( damage, tracking, speed and optimal ) by smaller amount than pirate sets of course.
- add new faction ship for rogue drones/gallente ( Infested Dominix model ) and make it full drone boat capable of launching more drones like Guardian Vexor. BPC dropping from null overseers.

Zhilia Mann wrote:

Why not? We can dream.

SecondedLol
Zoe Schereau
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
Einstein-Rosen Brigade
#6 - 2013-02-11 16:54:20 UTC
At the moment, I'm more on the Indiana Jones side of Exploration, rather than the pew-pew side, so me, I want more archaeological content! My dream? I want to get into Jove space. I want to see their worlds, their cosmic sigs, their cool finds.

More variation of radar and mag sites in high sec, please. Yes, yes, I know: low and null and w-space is where it's at, but I'm not there yet.

Exploration missions would be great. Exploration storylines, even better. Consider that the story of New Eden has many, many years of Dark Ages, lost history -- let's have some backstory! Let's find out who we are, and where we came from, what we lost along the way.

If the exploration content becomes more engaging, and valuable, then there will be a reason to get better at pew-pew, if I have to defend my finds. Is there a way to build Exploration content into Factional Warfare, for example? Or Incursions?
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#7 - 2013-02-11 19:40:00 UTC
Tomcio FromFarAway wrote:
- add new faction ship for rogue drones/gallente ( Infested Dominix model ) and make it full drone boat capable of launching more drones like Guardian Vexor. BPC dropping from null overseers.

You know what would be evil? Let them drop actual Guardian Vexor BPCs Twisted.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-02-11 20:19:27 UTC
CCP is too busy with Dust and stuff that has nothing to do with internet spaceships to add real content to Eve. You'd think they would have the time to spare to round out DEDs through the years.Roll
Azemar
The Shisha Lounge Club
Monkey Fleet
#9 - 2013-02-12 01:11:58 UTC
Zoe Schereau wrote:
At the moment, I'm more on the Indiana Jones side of Exploration, rather than the pew-pew side, so me, I want more archaeological content! My dream? I want to get into Jove space. I want to see their worlds, their cosmic sigs, their cool finds.

More variation of radar and mag sites in high sec, please. Yes, yes, I know: low and null and w-space is where it's at, but I'm not there yet.

Exploration missions would be great. Exploration storylines, even better. Consider that the story of New Eden has many, many years of Dark Ages, lost history -- let's have some backstory! Let's find out who we are, and where we came from, what we lost along the way.

If the exploration content becomes more engaging, and valuable, then there will be a reason to get better at pew-pew, if I have to defend my finds. Is there a way to build Exploration content into Factional Warfare, for example? Or Incursions?

Completely agree. And as someone who is currently doing nullsec exploration (and has done high second), it's not that much different. I'm currently in the process of moving to WH space and really seeing if I can reignite that explorer spark again.

The system has so much potential. They could do so many things with drones, archaeology (mini games to discover things instead of raw module + skill + time?), etc. While I also think combat exploration needs improvements, I'm mainly referring to arch, hacking, salvaging, etc. That's what I really want to know. As mentioned by others in this thread, there's literally so much you can do with it.

Slightly off-topic:

Does anyone know why they gave frigs like the imicus hacking and salvaging bonuses when almost all of these sites require combat?