These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Best T1 Frigs for a 2 person roam

Author
Kryss Darkdust
The Skulls
#21 - 2013-02-08 10:52:33 UTC
You have to be selective about your targets, but I personally think the Merlin is ideal. It takes a bit of skilling and some cash, which you may or may not have but the fit I have seen used with exceptional skill look something like this. It costs around 25 million which is still less than flying any faction/pirate frigate.

3x Light Neutron Blasters

1x X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
1x J5 Prototype Warp Distruption I
1x Experimental 1mn Afterburner I
1x Medium Shield Extender II

1x Navy Micro Auxillary Power Core
1x F85 Peripheral Damge System I
1x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

2x Small Core Defense Field Extender I
1x Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Void and Null S ammo's.

With this fit you have about 150 - 190 DPS depending on skills. 6.5-7.5k tank. Cap that lasts around 4-5 min, but can be about 50% stable with good skilling. Speed with afterburner at about 900+ and complete tack.

If you got two guys, double that.. thats a considerable force for just two frigates. I know guys in the game that do billions in damge every week flying Merlins like this in small groups and solo.

In my opinion most Faction frigates really aren't worth the expense, their are a few pirate ships I think are very good but again the costs are high. Your best bet is to keep the price down so you can afford to quickly replace them. 25 million I think is a pretty low cost ship and its fairly easy to get into a fit like this, I think its possible in like 2-3 weeks roughly if your going from scratch.

The reality of Eve is that, if you don't love it like it is today, you should probobly go ahead and unsub. 

Aracimia Wolfe
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#22 - 2013-02-08 12:27:07 UTC
Being Amarr, I'd normally have a OMGPUNISHER moment.

But hell no Condor that shizzle all the way to the bank. Amazing frigs

Kill it with Fire!

Previous page12