These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incursion adjustment suggestions .

First post
Author
Crash Lander
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-02-06 09:25:55 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Would love to hear some more ideas of little things we can do to make Incursions better :)


I polity ask you to not pretend to have any intention of making any significant PvE changes in the near future (next 5 years). Lots of posts promising stuff and asking for ideas in the last year or so and no action on them whatsoever. Its getting old...Cry
goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#22 - 2013-02-06 10:17:00 UTC
Crash Lander wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Would love to hear some more ideas of little things we can do to make Incursions better :)


I polity ask you to not pretend to have any intention of making any significant PvE changes in the near future (next 5 years). Lots of posts promising stuff and asking for ideas in the last year or so and no action on them whatsoever. Its getting old...Cry


I was there when CCP 'changed' Incursions and the resulting 3 month long test to find what went wrong CCP Affinity stayed in contact with the Incursion runners and eventually found a compromise that created the current Incarnation of Incursions. so that would be twice in less than a year that change was introduced and then modified.

So please if you want to start throwing dirt, don't throw it Affinity's way.

By leaps and bounds the most efective Dev I have ever had dealing with.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Kodavor
Iz Doge Korp .
#23 - 2013-02-06 10:35:07 UTC
goldiiee wrote:
Crash Lander wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Would love to hear some more ideas of little things we can do to make Incursions better :)


I polity ask you to not pretend to have any intention of making any significant PvE changes in the near future (next 5 years). Lots of posts promising stuff and asking for ideas in the last year or so and no action on them whatsoever. Its getting old...Cry


I was there when CCP 'changed' Incursions and the resulting 3 month long test to find what went wrong CCP Affinity stayed in contact with the Incursion runners and eventually found a compromise that created the current Incarnation of Incursions. so that would be twice in less than a year that change was introduced and then modified.

So please if you want to start throwing dirt, don't throw it Affinity's way.

By leaps and bounds the most efective Dev I have ever had dealing with.


I felt a very strong need to second this .
Eterna Uitoh
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-02-06 11:09:52 UTC
Just to throw my 0.2isk in here. I like the idea of creating harder incursion sites but I think changing the HQ sites is not the way to do it. goldiiee has the right idea with the scout sites, remove them and make the vanguard sites the entry level. The freed up system can then be used to create a new high end site types with the ideas mentioned in the OP.

Also having incursions based on the other Pirate factions would be great
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#25 - 2013-02-06 11:12:29 UTC
Kodavor wrote:
goldiiee wrote:
Crash Lander wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Would love to hear some more ideas of little things we can do to make Incursions better :)


I polity ask you to not pretend to have any intention of making any significant PvE changes in the near future (next 5 years). Lots of posts promising stuff and asking for ideas in the last year or so and no action on them whatsoever. Its getting old...Cry


I was there when CCP 'changed' Incursions and the resulting 3 month long test to find what went wrong CCP Affinity stayed in contact with the Incursion runners and eventually found a compromise that created the current Incarnation of Incursions. so that would be twice in less than a year that change was introduced and then modified.

So please if you want to start throwing dirt, don't throw it Affinity's way.

By leaps and bounds the most efective Dev I have ever had dealing with.


I felt a very strong need to second this .


Thanks :)

Also to answer your concern Crash Lander - I asked for little improvements we could make to the current system. I am not promising anything nor have I asked for huge world shaping changes - I just want to hear the communities thoughts on smaller scale changes we can do to make a difference to Incursions.

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#26 - 2013-02-06 12:38:16 UTC
So lets not add a whole new site but some indirect ways to gather more PVE’ers is already in another thread, (concord store items) supplementing the LP store with a few 1mil Lp or more items than enhance Incursion running ships will help to set new goals for pilots that have plenty of ISK but faltering desires.


As far as spicing it up, I would say a few roaming Sansha would add a spice that no one could deny. Hell could even get a 1 in 100 drop from them to make em worth actually hunting while waiting for a fleet spot to open up.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-02-06 13:59:06 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Kodavor wrote:
goldiiee wrote:
Crash Lander wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Would love to hear some more ideas of little things we can do to make Incursions better :)


I polity ask you to not pretend to have any intention of making any significant PvE changes in the near future (next 5 years). Lots of posts promising stuff and asking for ideas in the last year or so and no action on them whatsoever. Its getting old...Cry


I was there when CCP 'changed' Incursions and the resulting 3 month long test to find what went wrong CCP Affinity stayed in contact with the Incursion runners and eventually found a compromise that created the current Incarnation of Incursions. so that would be twice in less than a year that change was introduced and then modified.

So please if you want to start throwing dirt, don't throw it Affinity's way.

By leaps and bounds the most efective Dev I have ever had dealing with.


I felt a very strong need to second this .


Thanks :)

Also to answer your concern Crash Lander - I asked for little improvements we could make to the current system. I am not promising anything nor have I asked for huge world shaping changes - I just want to hear the communities thoughts on smaller scale changes we can do to make a difference to Incursions.



Speak to fozzie about giving us Windi powers less of a panic moment when we get attacked because of the incredibly squishy nature of the ship (when compared to mach etc)

in other words! boost my favourite incursion ship
BrutalButFair
Fleet of the Damned
#28 - 2013-02-06 14:39:46 UTC
Lunaleil Fournier wrote:
Have more than Sansha incursions. Have Angel Cartel Incursions, Gurista incursions, etc. Just to mix things up a bit.


Incursion is what sansha do. They are like the borg of eve. So it's there lore. Angels/Guristas etc have a diff lore. So it shouldn't be incursions by them. But i agre with more active content for pirate factions
Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#29 - 2013-02-06 15:57:21 UTC
Niveuss Nye wrote:
I remember when I first started, I saw flashing ads in the Quarters talking about this incursion into this system or that system.

I even took a trip out to one of the constellations that one was going down.

Problem is that I found out is that the Incursions have no content unless you are pimped out in ships and equiptment that a newer player can not do. I was kind of disappointed.

Maybe add "novice" content that characters that do not have bigger ships can do and limit that content to destroyers and below like FW complexes?

Also, why does it always have to be Sansha? I would love to see some of the other pirate nations get a bit more "proactive". Extra points if I can actually join the pirates and help them with thier incursion.

I would take my T1 frig and become a belt rat if it meant Concord would not come for me during an incursionPirate.


Honestly I don't see this problem. Every MMO has its content geared towards older/more highly skilled players. I am coming up on my second year playing, and only just in the last couple months started doing incursions.

As far as "noob" friendly content, the scout sites seem designed for that. sadly they don't give the rewards that make them worth doing. And if they were worth doing, vets who didnt have a fleet would run them all before the noobs could anyhow.
Bedlin
Caldari Organizational Logistics Department
#30 - 2013-02-06 17:26:35 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:

I asked for little improvements we could make to the current system.


Make scout incursions worth doing money wise.

I am not sure as to functionality of the scout missions right now since I have only run one of them.

People have been asking for profitable way for 2-4 capsuleers to group up and run something together mission wise. Some have asked if level 4s could be adjusted when the mission is taken to pay out more based on fleet size etc. but the smallest incursion would be an even better way to do this.

Just have the small incursions pay out equivalently to a lvl 4 mission average.
So if the average level 4 mission (bounties and reward) pays out 15 million in one hour (done solo).

Have a SCOUT site with 3 people pay out 3.75 million per person if the site is calculated to take 15 minutes to complete.
(that figure is 15 million/4 to make it a 15 minute period)

Where's the promised loot drops for Rogue Drones?    --DeMichael Crimson

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#31 - 2013-02-06 18:58:42 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Eterna Uitoh wrote:
Just to throw my 0.2isk in here. I like the idea of creating harder incursion sites but I think changing the HQ sites is not the way to do it.


The HQ's were touched/changed the least in the Incursion nerf and that is probably why they came out smelling like a rose compared to the rest
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Kodavor
Iz Doge Korp .
#32 - 2013-02-06 19:17:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kodavor
Quote:
Before I start off I would like to point out that the Incursion content has been out for a good while now . Fortunately / unfortunately I have been in a position where I had to make the fleet compositions and ship fits , tactics to make it work in the best possible way . Because of that , as of late , I have come to realize that my work is done . I have no more fits to improve and no more fleet adjustments to do . The so called Incursion End game content of Sansha Headquarters to myself now is almost the same as lvl 4's . Therefore I have come up with a couple of ideas .


The content is old !

Try to give more suggestions and ideas and less opinions about what will happen if you do this or that !

More ideas ! Suggestions ! Less speculation .


*) Add an item / items that one can pile up ( Sansha central defense system codes ? ) from the completed HQ sites to later use against The Kundalini to call in NPC Navy support to take down the Sansha supercaps shield which would be otherwise indestructible / super high resistances ? Without the suppoert it would take an hour ? to brake it . After the shields are down the NPC Navy warps off and leaves the fleet to annihilate the armor ( still 20 minutes ? It's a supercap DUH ) and finish the battle ?


Best regards
Kodavor .
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#33 - 2013-02-06 19:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Best thing CCP could do to the NCN's is bring back the old NPC compositions and take out one of the middle rooms on each side. It was exciting fighting those double Outuni spawns occasionally! The double booster spawns now in NCNs is just a grind.
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Kallen Brack
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-02-07 00:00:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kallen Brack
Bedlin wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:

I asked for little improvements we could make to the current system.


Make scout incursions worth doing money wise.

I am not sure as to functionality of the scout missions right now since I have only run one of them.

People have been asking for profitable way for 2-4 capsuleers to group up and run something together mission wise. Some have asked if level 4s could be adjusted when the mission is taken to pay out more based on fleet size etc. but the smallest incursion would be an even better way to do this.

Just have the small incursions pay out equivalently to a lvl 4 mission average.
So if the average level 4 mission (bounties and reward) pays out 15 million in one hour (done solo).

Have a SCOUT site with 3 people pay out 3.75 million per person if the site is calculated to take 15 minutes to complete.
(that figure is 15 million/4 to make it a 15 minute period)



I second this.

Right now, it's a bit challenging for mission carebears to transition from solo content to group content. As a transition tool towards group content, and eventually more PvP oriented content, it would be nice to have a stepping stone between L4 solo content and vanguard ~10 man content.

Progression is fun for everyone! this would be a great intermediary step.
Lag Amplifier
Insidious Bastards
#35 - 2013-02-07 21:01:22 UTC
Scout sites need a major change or just removed. Maybe turn them into sites for T1 cruisers, 4-6 people a site? The other suggestions were good.

I would also like to see sites that are harder then the current end game PvE content.
Kranyoldlady
Women's cave
#36 - 2013-02-07 22:57:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kranyoldlady
I would like to see a bit more: "Nice, this seems like a live event" and a bit less of: 'Zzzzz feels like missions already....'
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#37 - 2013-02-08 02:39:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Kodavor wrote:
Add a transmission tower 200km off the general fleet .


200km burns aren't fun. Also as logi pilot I don't like idea of eWar in incursions - at all: TVP used Widow jammers in past and their flimsy 80k EHP tank was hellishly hard to support as they were primary target (most fragile ship as tank - who could think it's a good idea?!). They've added a lot of pointless hassle to logis and I've started to avoid fleets with jammers because I had to over-rep and usually my Basi was next target during TCRC descents while other logis had tunnel vision syndrome repping the jammer...

P.S. Could be nice to change scout sites - make them do-able for groups of ~3-5 battleships with spider tank. 5mill payout and 5-10 min completion time.
Gal'o Sengen
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-02-08 08:28:28 UTC
Buff Scout Sites. Make them somewhere in the range of 10-20% more profitable than regular Level 4 Missions and 3-4 people in RR Cruisers/Battlecruisers.

The main problem is that T3's are too good for them right now.
marVLs
#39 - 2013-02-08 09:46:46 UTC
I believe, i want to believe, i want it to CCP make new Incursions when PVE expansion will hit.
Gimme at least 3 more enemies like Angel, Guristas, Serpentis Incursions.
Rukia Taika
Allied Operations
Dracarys.
#40 - 2013-02-08 10:14:50 UTC
I like the ideas the Ops has. Something needs to be done to spice up the Sansha Incursion fun times since they are starting to seem a little boring.

I do realize that Sansha is a fanatic but is there something in his history where he had an ally that still supports him an odd faction lost in history? Would make things interesting as we all know when there is a huge war it eventually drags others into it forcing factions to pick sides. Maybe that is a bit much to consider but CCP does have tons of ship designs created by players. now that would be interesting in getting them into game.

i think i am rambling. sleep calls. have fun folks.